Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

why don't u just make the kof tournament start at 2 PM or whatever? if no one shows up, then you don't have the tournament. if people want their tournament, they'll show up on time

That's the intent. If people want KOF to work alongside the rest of the games currently, they'll show up and be paid at 12 PM next Saturday.

I've been doing this for a year now and I think that people that don't show up on time reasonably are inconsiderate. Especially considering the plans for this event for the month. I can accept lateness when it comes to a first or second time, but as we start our double-digit run of NCIs, it feels like people are taking advantage of my kindness.

So for the last time, I repeat. SHOW UP ON TIME. If people ABSOLUTELY CAN'T MAKE IT ON TIME, just hope you're paid for by a friend and that you make it there.

I will have brackets ready for every game in advance and will start exactly at 12 solo if need be.

~Chun

How are the brackets gonna be done and start by 12 if the registration doesn't end till 12??? :v Why not just have registration end at 1 since thats when everyone shows up anyway since we're apparently never gonna penalize anyone for lateness.

How are the brackets gonna be done and start by 12 if the registration doesn't end till 12??? :v Why not just have registration end at 1 since thats when everyone shows up anyway since we're apparently never gonna penalize anyone for lateness.

If the TO's aren't there for whatever reason, I will generate the brackets myself for every single tournament (That means 5 Brackets) (I will have bracket files ready to be transferred). If TO's want to save me some work and forward me the seeding info, that would be fantastic.

Reg will end at 12, tournaments promptly starting after the brackets are made.

Just make KOF an official game. Running a side tournament when the interest is high doesn't make much sense to me, especially when MB and AH get laughable amount of entries every month. No disrespect to those games and their communities, but let's be real about the numbers here. NCI stands to gain a lot more from officially having KOF than not having it. Even if it doesn't pull large numbers in the end, there's no reason why we shouldn't continue to run it since MB and AH are still in the line up, despite having dead scenes.

Just make KOF an official game. Running a side tournament when the interest is high doesn't make much sense to me, especially when MB and AH get laughable amount of entries every month. No disrespect to those games and their communities, but let's be real about the numbers here. NCI stands to gain a lot more from officially having KOF than not having it. Even if it doesn't pull large numbers in the end, there's no reason why we shouldn't continue to run it since MB and AH are still in the line up, despite having dead scenes.

Also to add to this

The interest for KOF is high. Generally all our games have been advertizing to the same community. KOF is a step out to get people from other communities to come to our event. Other people means more people at NCI which means exposure to other games they probably wouldn't play. NCI isn't growing its maintaining and possibly even declining a bit. KOF could bring in a lot of new people to our scene that could boost the numbers in other games.

Crosells thoughts. These are meant to start conversation and not to offend anyone.

I hear where you're all coming from, and I'm not coming from a perspective where I'm "Putting AH and MB in favor of KOF", if there's anyone aware of the numbers for those scenes, it's me.

The tournament will be run as side because of setups and organization experimenting.

Again, the MB and AH3 things can be staggered given their previous attendance rates, but I will put KOF at the forefront; IF people show up on time.

You could just say it's a main event unless people don't show up. I don't see any meaning to saying "show up or else" for what's coming across as an under-appreciated side tourney.

I mean, as a side tourney, you're testing setups and whatnot anyway. You may as well just do it as a main event and explain right here that you're experimenting. People are going to get the same experience whether it's a side or main event, aren't they?

Bottom line: KOF Main unless people don't show up. I've been in a few classes and haven't had time to articulate.

~Chun

Since KOF is a new game, my suggestion is KOF is featured, then top 4 - 8 every other game. Problem is KOF takes awhile though. about 5 - 6 minutes per match. So the worse case scenario is like it goes to the third match every time a person plays.

But given our track record, end of the night is 3am:v:

There is no reason for the main events to run this late, so the 1-3 AM region is somewhat unnatural. I think it's mostly because we don't actually start until fucking 3 PM.

Anyways, Chun I've been holding these raffle games for 3 months so I intend to give them out come hell, NCI salt or the wrath of god.

Well if we have 6 cabs plus the Stream setup, we could do 2 BB Cabs, 1 AH3 Cab and 3 KOF Cabs with the Stream being mainly KOF till we have to change games. Also I'd suggest we go back to running 2 Streams splitting up the Streams between the games that use HD and the games that use CRTs as the time it takes to switch in between multiple times really adds too much downtime to the whole event. In conjunction to that, we could also advertise the 2nd Stream on the FKO one so people who wanna watch GG/MB can know where to go. But when it takes a half hour to go from monitor to CRT and then another half hour back, it causes too way too many problems, we lose viewers, people wander off, and all in all its a stressful endeavor we should just try to avoid:v:

My 2 cents, don't give a fuck who likes it or not, to me its the most logical solution to keep everything as efficient as possible.

I would hold off on the 3 cabs for KOF because that is going to depend on how many enter. if the turn out is like bb then running those 4 setups would be really good. i would also like to advise a full play through of ah3. like they should move to the stream as soon as they are ready. since its usually a short tournament there is no reason they should be waiting till 8 or whatever to play there finals. let them get that done early and we can see how that does for time later in the day. umm what else. thats all i got for now

my 2 cents, to make nci even better XD