Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

So who's actually entering KOF? I don't want to wake up Saturday morning and travel to San Mateo just to play Willy and Coopa.

More than 8 entrants, that's for sure.

Oh yeah bitches, since Im running KOF, lemme throw down some shit

1. After your match come to me or willy. Grab your competitor by his sweaty hand and walk up to us and tell us the result. That shit is frustrating and if we dont hear from you both lose :3

2. Estimated start time will be 1 o clock depending on how long it takes to make brackets (willy is teaching me seeding etc.) If it goes smoothly we may start earlier so be prepared.

3. You get 5 minutes from when your name is called to report or have someone tell me you are in another match other wise off ye head.

This is a semi serious, semi joking post. KOF isn't going to be run very relaxed since its a big unknown.

I predict a million dropped combos and KOF tourney ending at 1 in the morning....

At least XIII players have an excuse, game is brand new.

GG players have an excuse, game is too old.

What's BB players excuse? Version is outdated? :psyduck:

I predict a million dropped combos and KOF tourney ending at 1 in the morning....

"We don't play this game"? :P

Good luck ending on time, though, guys. First time for everything!

Ok I gotta ask cause it bears mentioning...What's your excuse for dropping DAY ONE VANILLA Wesker combos 5 times in the same set????? Just wondering :3

Good luck ending on time, though, guys. First time for everything!

I like that attitude Tari. Ima try my best!

Stop quoting me.

Through some happenstance at work, I'm gonna have Sat off. Guess I'll be at NCI all day this time.

Hope to see you there, m8.

I'll be in Norcal after SCR until early January, lol. Probably going to end up mashing at gamecenter a lot, too, because I don't think I'm bringing my ps3 back with me. Mmm... we'll see.

Final Checklist for Tomorrow:

As a PLAYER:

-Pre-register online at norcalinstall.wordpress.com.

-Anticipate the morning traffic, leave reasonably to arrive before 12 PM.

-Have your name and money ready in cash for all tournaments you are entering.

-Label all equipment. There have been misplaced items recently and naming or tagging equipment is the best option.

-If you cannot make it exactly at 12 PM, you must be paid for by a friend in advance or risk disqualification from the event.

As a TO:

-Show up before 12 PM with a Laptop that has TIO Tournament Organizer.

-Will shut down sign-ups exactly at 12 PM (To the end of the line). Have laptops ready to receive user data.

-Tournaments start promptly afterward. Get something to eat beforehand, do not leave without notifying myself or Myung at GameCenter.

As a PLAYER WITH A SETUP:

-Depending on your equipment provided, you may be discounted from the venue fee by a margin. I will make arrangements.

-Follow the PLAYER instructions above.

See you all tomorrow.

~Chun

just in case whoever is in charge of KoF checks this before bailing, I am not going. just so someone isn't expecting me and willing to wait a bit or something.

Wow, this NCI went really well. And was probably one of the most fun because there was something to do.

Huge Huge Thank you to Myung and Gamecenter for being a big community advocate, supporting the scene and going way above and beyond what he needs to do to support out us and get motivation and hype going. You are amazing and we can't think you enough for what you do.

Thank you to the guy who works for Arc system works, I'm sorry I never got your name, but thanks for coming around and showing the game off. I hope it comes state side!

Too all the tournament organizers who ran brackets

Huge thank you to Whiteboywilly, my partner is running KOF, we make a good team :3 and James for assistance when were both busy!

Everyone who came out for KOF, it was really awesome. But we did have a few bumps but we learned a lot.

1. 3-5 for grand finals only. Even people who know how to kill each other still take a long time to kill each other.

2. 3 setups seems like the golden number was perfect, i donno if our kof scene is going to grow or not. We will be keeping track of the numbers and adjust accordingly

3. Umm Thats it.

Hey Chun, I'm curious to know who won the raffles (on account of not being able to stay long enough).

Also, I think we need to create a new system for food breaks. Like, an organizational method, one with scheduling, so that we don't find ourselves chasing people down constantly.

Extreme VS was amazing

I hope I get a chance to play not-garbage F-Len before the next NCI.