Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

Hey Chun, I'm curious to know who won the raffles (on account of not being able to stay long enough).

Also, I think we need to create a new system for food breaks. Like, an organizational method, one with scheduling, so that we don't find ourselves chasing people down constantly.

Extreme VS was amazing

I hope I get a chance to play not-garbage F-Len before the next NCI.

I won your copy of Odin's Sphere; I have no idea what it is, and it'll probably sit on my counter and collect dust.

I think the surprising thing was how quickly everything was finished, especially AH3 and MB.

So now that NCI is over this month, I feel like something needs to be discussed. I heard from a little birdy that NCI is going to switch to CSEX when the JP version comes out? If that is true, I believe it needs to be discussed with the community since I feel it needs to be a group/community decision, not the decision of a single person.

I won your copy of Odin's Sphere; I have no idea what it is, and it'll probably sit on my counter and collect dust.

I think the surprising thing was how quickly everything was finished, especially AH3 and MB.

Play the game, dammit. It's beautiful. :(

Also, I didn't really notice, but did NCI actually start and end on time this time?

oh, I ended up getting the copy of GrimGrimoire

wouldve taken muramasa but i dont have a wii :<

Play the game, dammit. It's beautiful. :(

Also, I didn't really notice, but did NCI actually start and end on time this time?

KOF started 30 minutes later than we wanted.

KOF started 30 minutes later than we wanted.

30 minutes vs 2 hours late is a pretty big improvement.

30 minutes vs 2 hours late is a pretty big improvement.

Very much so. It went faster since we only streamed top 4 for each game. Ended at 12:30 which is good. just needed to start catherine earlier and stream the top 4 for that instead of top 8. And things would have been amazing! Also doing 3-5 for kof top 4 took way too long

So now that NCI is over this month, I feel like something needs to be discussed. I heard from a little birdy that NCI is going to switch to CSEX when the JP version comes out? If that is true, I believe it needs to be discussed with the community since I feel it needs to be a group/community decision, not the decision of a single person.

I don't know how true this is but trix and i would be 100% down for it. i'm kinda getting sick of cs2... also, isnt bb revolution going to be cse?

Very much so. It went faster since we only streamed top 4 for each game. Ended at 12:30 which is good. just needed to start catherine earlier and stream the top 4 for that instead of top 8. And things would have been amazing! Also doing 3-5 for kof top 4 took way too long

This. Crosell and I grinded like 18 matches of SSF4AE and the grand finals KOF match STILL wasn't over. :)

Also, can anyone get me a list of GG matches (player name + character)? I can't tell who's playing and what's not tournament matches in the recordings.

Is there seriously any reason not to run E? Myung is paying the money to import it, and anyone else can too if they're serious about Blazblue. I'm tired of being so many months behind Japan, and would like to be able to practice the relevant version, as long as it is available. Since that is the case, I see absolutely no reason (If Norcal cares about being the best Blazblue players, someday) not to use the new version.

Also, thanks everyone for coming out. Great GF, Jared. Lets tear up Socal together!

Thanks everyone for Catherine too, I had fun. Next time, Chun ^_^

Also, can anyone get me a list of GG matches (player name + character)? I can't tell who's playing and what's not tournament matches in the recordings.

Mind if you send me the link? I might be able to identify the players.

Mind if you send me the link? I might be able to identify the players.

I was going to upload the video separated into matches (removing casuals), which is why I wanted the list first... if you need the video first to make that list, that puts us in a chicken-and-egg situation :sweat:

Is there seriously any reason not to run E? Myung is paying the money to import it, and anyone else can too if they're serious about Blazblue. I'm tired of being so many months behind Japan, and would like to be able to practice the relevant version, as long as it is available. Since that is the case, I see absolutely no reason (If Norcal cares about being the best Blazblue players, someday) not to use the new version.

if someone only has a 360, they can't play an imported copy without a modded console

I can't think of anyone that is 360 only besides Orion though, and he's got gamecenter, but something to think about

You guys should run Extend in the future if you can. You have two arcades in the scene that have it, people are importing the game, and Blue Revolution is going to be a tourney played on Extend.

Continuing to play CS2 when you actually have the option not to at this point seems rather silly.

I guess that's true. I was kind of more on the side of keeping it CS2 until EX came out here (partially because I have 360 lol), but I guess it makes more sense to just switch to EX.

You make me sad, the game really is beautiful.

It's an action RPG, just play it. If you don't like it then whatever. If you find it too easy (which shouldn't be a problem) just bump the difficulty up.

oh, I ended up getting the copy of GrimGrimoire. Wouldve taken muramasa but i dont have a wii :<

Not surprised. Muramasa was the only one I felt a little bad about on account of it being an off-system from our regular shit.

If you haven't played Grim, it's really decent.

Someone let AJ know I have his powered video splitter.

Thanks Fred. I completely forgot it even though I asked you about it... I'll get Jake to upload the brackets to hopefully help sort out the videos.

This is the random Pittsburgh player that showed up. NCI's pretty awesome, always happy to play animu fighters with people. KOF13 also looks really hype, I gotta learn that game. Also, thanks to you guys, I wanna put down money on 4 copies of Gundam EX and bring the hype back to the east coast. I'll try to be back next month (and be less free).