Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

But since that's not gonna happen anyways the bottom line is this NCI is dead :vbang:

I'd appreciate it if the emphasis wasn't so much on the disappointment of no BBCS2. Calling NCI "dead" because one thing didn't come isn't right. NCI's all about the community having a good time, and playing games. Please respect that much about how much I put into this every month despite my personal obligations.

~Chun

I'd appreciate it if the emphasis wasn't so much on the disappointment of no BBCS2. Calling NCI "dead" because one thing didn't come isn't right. NCI's all about the community having a good time, and playing games. Please respect that much about how much I put into this every month despite my personal obligations.

~Chun

/agreed

Less negativity plox, no scene is going to grow if everyone is all bummed out. Not every NCI is going to be huge, we all have personal obligations, most people are heading into the end of the semester for school, or other things. Don't get so hung up on it and just make the best with what we have. Not really a big deal, if its a small turn out, its a small turn out.

The atmosphere and amount of fun in these tournaments is what makes me come, so hopefully a lot of others will come for the same reason. :D If not many show up, then that's okay too I guess. Either way NCI offers a fun atmosphere that not many other communities can attempt to copy.

~Chun

How can it be about the community if no one from the community is there? I can understand the disappointment swelling up a little bit as everyone says they can't show up. Personally, I'm torn between going to Hadocon (the tournament I actually want to go to) and NCI (the tournament I want to support), and when I see a thread saying that like 90% of people I expect to be there, and say hi to and have fun with aren't going to be there, it definitely hurts my idea of a good tournament.

Personally, I would want to just see the tournament happen next week, so we could have CS2, a lot of the people might be able to go, and personally I wouldn't have to choose (that last one is purely self interest and actually shouldn't affect the decision, just convenient!)

That's the way I'm seeing it anyway. I think at this point I have a lot more reasons to go to Hadocon, since I'll be able to hang out with more of my friends and play a relevant game. CS1 feels so bland to me, playing a dead game every tournament just gets old.

How can it be about the community if no one from the community is there?

Arcana Heart 3, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood are all part of the community on top of BB:CS. I don't expect this month's NCI to focus on BB very much at all with the new patch coming through next month; AH3 is pretty new on the PSN (lol down) network and most of that will happen, and probably will be the main event for this month.

Relevant games, AH3 will also be at the ReveLAtions tournament for 1000$. Your personal agenda is fine, I just don't think this extreme downer atmosphere is warranted just because I couldn't get an exclusive early hit on the game we all play.

Have fun at Hadocon.

What rhymes with Mortal Kombat?

~Chun

Arcana Heart 3, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood are all part of the community on top of BB:CS.

see, someone here gets it. :)

maybe there could be an actual kof02um tournament this time?

That's fair, it's just I can understand why people are feeling sad about BB and feeling like this NCI is 'dead' for them, because all of their friends aren't going to be there. Of course those are all part of the community, but when no one is there for the game that you enjoy, it sucks.

Moving the tournament time was pretty moot though, you're right. It would just be convenient for me and a few others, not for the rest.

but when no one is there for the game that you enjoy, it sucks.

SEE: Melty Blood Community every NCI

I like to think people come to NCI just to enjoy themselves, try and play a lot of new and old games, and make some new friends on top of making a name at NCI. It's a great opportunity to try out a lot of games and just set up something fun and get people hyped about it for the heck of it(EFZ, IaMP, whatever godlike quality NeoGeo game comes).

My sole purpose in investing my time into this was always about representing little known games or scenes that don't have recognition in the public gaming sphere. It grows a little each time, and I can't ask for a better result right now.

I understand you know my intentions; Reasons for going are really just a personal thing for each player. There's no reason why new friends can't be made in such a friendly and fun community, so don't worry, I've got this :).

I've got this :).

NOOOOOOO CHUN YOU SAID IT

good looking out on the date confirmation though for real. see you next week.

Well, good shit, BB scene will show up strong two weeks later, see you then. I think you're doing really well with everything, keep it up.

Didn't mean to come off like you're doing nothing Chun, I really appreciate you running NCI. Its just a fact that a lot of people aren't going to not show up, thats all. But what does it matter you hate me anyways :)

Knowing that FailStation probably isn't gonna be up for us to even access BBCS2 by next week anyways is pretty funny.

Didn't mean to come off like you're doing nothing Chun, I really appreciate you running NCI. Its just a fact that a lot of people aren't going to not show up, thats all. But what does it matter you hate me anyways :)

Knowing that FailStation probably isn't gonna be up for us to even access BBCS2 by next week anyways is pretty funny.

Thats what you ps3 people get. We 360 people had to wait like 7 months for Valk. Deal with it :3

Also Dacid finally admits he hates free money

I swear to god you guys have some of the biggest vaginas. If you guys don't want to show up, then don't show up. You don't have to justify your reasons to anyone.

Just show up and have fun. I don't need to hear life stories about why you will or will not come to a tournament.

I swear to god you guys have some of the biggest vaginas. If you guys don't want to show up, then don't show up. You don't have to justify your reasons to anyone.

Just show up and have fun. I don't need to hear life stories about why you will or will not come to a tournament.

my name is natearistata and I support this message

Are you doing alright Spirit Juice :I:

I already know you're losing your mind nate, so don't worry there.

Less people just means there might be a slight chance I can win money :P

get hype for copper dabbit against veneeth in the finals again (if they both go)

time for me to enter bb.

by the way, we'll hopefully have vsav set up this time too.

hopefully some bb players play that game too (doubtful).

^

whats vsav? lol

^

screw that andrew, someone from antioch is winning this time