Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlade

Sol Ac Match Vids Thread

Luigi-Bo 87 or anyone else Mind if i throw these matches up on my youtube account for easy access??

and was this a casual or MM?

and im sure it was at Season's beating Right??

thanks guys:yaaay:

Go ahead.

What the heck is a WT?:psyduck:

These are all some nice match vids. This is really help me, even though I can't play AC anymore(my PS2 is broken :gonk::vbang::arg: ) I've been playing #Reload on my PC, and have only been able to play online with people at least ONCE so far. I'm planning to get a job though, so either that or I can convince my mom (Yes, my MOM, I am 17...without a job, yet anyway...) that $80 for a used one at GameStop is not a lot. But I also would like to record the replays of the online matches I have so far. How do you recode using VirtualDub? I heard it's good with recording. Thanks again, this is quite useful, now I know how I can refine my style as Sol. Plus it's cool to see you guys in action. :yaaay:

anyone know how to do some of the fuzzy guard stuff that kusoru does. it looks simple on paper but i just can't seem to do it. :psyduck:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VoR8oivl9I0

@5:04 he does j.s and then JI>j.d>followed by sexy time br>frc combo

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm2PeMEQic0

@0:24 and 1:31 he does j.hs(1hit)>air dash>j.s>j.hs

this one I've seen before, but can't figure out whats the trick to do it consistently.

anyone know how to do some of the fuzzy guard stuff that kusoru does. it looks simple on paper but i just can't seem to do it. :psyduck:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VoR8oivl9I0

@5:04 he does j.s and then JI>j.d>followed by sexy time br>frc combo

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm2PeMEQic0

@0:24 and 1:31 he does j.hs(1hit)>air dash>j.s>j.hs

this one I've seen before, but can't figure out whats the trick to do it consistently.

Dunno about the first one, but the second has to do with j.HS having no recovery time. So, you have to hit them just as the active frames of the second hit are ending and you should have time to airdash. That said, it does take some timing to get down, and, imho, it's considerably easier against taller characters.

The first one wasn't even a fuzzy guard; the Eddie player got hit by the j.S. But yes, that set up can be used as a fuzzy guard. You just better hope that j.D hits though, cus it's probable that you're going to get punished if it whiffs. Overall it's not something you should or would use very often.

The Jam needs more help, not just because you're winning though. She can go into fb puffball loops of 6p5h gatlings. Overall, she's missing out on a lot of damage and should only be using j.2k when TK'd. The match up is slightly in Sol's favor to begin with. 2D is your friend in this match up though. GV works but 2D > BR RC > CLSW x3 is especially painful.

Looking for some tips if you guys wouldn't mind checkin out a couple vids. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls5K62rEbkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQAVmBw38Z0

5k > aerial jam, believe it (really, it beats almost everything she has from the air from max-mid distance) 2D is nice, but it loses clean to jams 2S which from my experience I see a lot from jam, and if it whiffs, she as much as anyone in the cast is quick to punish.

It's hard to call this one though, I'd hate to be wrong about this, but it just seems like you're a lot better than the jam player, you played really well and safe and the few times you didn't I'm thinking you just felt you could get away with it against that player, and you did. Your play was pretty solid, the only obvious advice is just the combos, you could turn a lot of that into bigger damage but I'm sure you already know that, if you want specifics just ask and I'll check through your vids again and try to give examples. I'd like to see you play against better players though before I really try to break down stuff that you may already know.

ps, steve says hi

If all your matches are like that, then he is the better player. If you're sincerely looking for help you should post up vids where it's a little more even. 5k definitely works well too. 2K and 2D are just important (in general I mean because it doesn't look like your Jam parries too much) because most of the Jam's I've played like to parry a lot. Sol's only 2 normal lows are 2K and 2D so it's a viable option. Simply because you can't parry lows, you might want to opt for them. It all depends on your opponent though of course. Watch Jam parry, 2s and puffball habits the most, I'd say.

Oh yeah, 2D also goes under her DP. Some Jams like to use it a lot with K card I think it is for 623K 236K into corner loop.

Yeah i'm sorry guys I am sincerely looking for help, but it just so happens that this is the guy I play the most frequently and was able to record with. I'll bring the equipment to our next tournament and get some better matches recorded hopefully. I really appreciate y'all checkin them out and I would really like some combo help if y'all got some. Typically I try for 2k, 2hs, GV. Is it better to go for 2k, 5s, 6p, gf frc, sidewinder stuff in corner? I guess I find myself with a lot of leftover tension because I don't really use gf frc in combos, but if that's the better option it's definitely what I will start going for. I've been trying to play more safe and zone a lot more with Sol, really want to make sure I'm doing that correctly, I guess one of my main concerns is does it look like I am fake gunflaming to much? It seems safe where I do it(atleast against that jam) but I dont know if it will work like that against better players. Again, thanks to yall for looking at em and giving advice where you could :). faulty tell steve he's a scrub and I will beat him up plenty at FR.

I would think that Jam player is letting you get away with a little too many fake GFs. Also I believe that when you can, it's best to combo into GV (unless they're in a position to make it whiff with their burst). Might as well use the GF FRC for oki after you knockdown with a tension-free combo that does roughly the same damage as if you had used GF FRC in the combo. Except if you land a CH 2D, I would say it's worth it to use GF FRC for the combo then. for tension-free 2D combo on Jam, you can do something like 2D > GV > sj.S SW > j.S JC j.S j.H VV. or for 50% you can go for that 2D > BR RC SW > j. SW repeatedly that Cadenza posted.

I just realized that I have never submitted a video of myself to this thread. This video is from the last tourney I attended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9mgR2MjHZI

There are some other videos of my sol on that account as well. Feel free to comment or just watch stupid may combos :( They hurt so much, haha.