Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1] Top Hat Top Hat Top Hat Top Hat: Top Hat Top Hat (fedora)

Which reset would that be? The overhead reset? You can mash out of that for free every time. If you see stance, it's immediately punishable if you have the reactions. You can jump out of most of his pressure and his command grab is his biggest threat in pressure strings. You shouldn't be mashing in anyone's pressure to begin with so I dunno why the hell you would ever get hit by a "frametrap" 3C. That's rediculous. 3C is such a risky move that without Jabaki, you'd get blown up every minute. Jabaki knocks the opponent away and completely ending any and all pressure that you have. If someone mashes after Hazama does a 3C, they're idiots. Seems to me you just don't know the Hazama matchup because you're saying shit that makes no sense.

And no, Willy's "scrub"-iness doesn't come from not doing frametraps/pressure. It comes from being absolutely clueless what to do with Hazama and more clueless when it gets to combos. It's like getting is corner 6D with bang then doing 5a 5b and then finishing the combo there.

And you need to check your info once more because last I checked, Hazama and Noel were ALWAYS in the same tier and Noel was always one to the left of Hazama whether horizontal order mattered or not. Right now, Hazama is considered to be A-tier along with Noel.

Oh and did I forget that you don't "get paid for" by Hazama's stance overhead in CS2 anymore? Well other than Tager and Hakumen. 5B is plus and so is 2a. All his other normals besides 6B are negative or neutral (those being 5a and 6C) and nobody uses 6B because it is so slow and you can jump out of it. You know what that means? That means know when to mash and it's definitely not when he's doing 2a 5B.

"My S tier character is less autopilot than an A tier character"

That's because you were countering Guymam's rage post by saying: Hazama is more of a bullshit character than Noel. To that which I thought I had to reply.

I'm done for now. Peace out. Teach me some Bang later.

Saying you can mash out of something that fast for free every time is like saying you've never played someone good. Obviously if you've ever watched high level players it doesn't work like that, so don't be stupid.

Then you instantly refute yourself by saying don't ever mash in his pressure.. seriously?

3C is not risky, because Jabaki exists, so again your point is really pointless even by your own standards. As you state YOURSELF, your opponent can't punish it.

Hazama has stronger matchups than Noel and only one maybe two bad matchups. Most likely the difference between S and A tier.

Again, your "facts" about his normals are ludicrous, do more research. Watch more high level Hazama, I guess.

Hazama IS a more bullshit character than noel. That's why he's rated #2.

Saying you can mash out of something that fast for free every time is like saying you've never played someone good. Obviously if you've ever watched high level players it doesn't work like that, so don't be stupid.

Then you instantly refute yourself by saying don't ever mash in his pressure.. seriously?

3C is not risky, because Jabaki exists, so again your point is really pointless even by your own standards. As you state YOURSELF, your opponent can't punish it.

Hazama has stronger matchups than Noel and only one maybe two bad matchups. Most likely the difference between S and A tier.

Again, your "facts" about his normals are ludicrous, do more research. Watch more high level Hazama, I guess.

Hazama IS a more bullshit character than noel. That's why he's rated #2.

ok seems like I couldn't get my point across and it looked like a bunch of contradictions. I said you can mash out of the overhead reset (if he gets too happy with it) since you say his reset is free. If he hits you with it, nothing retardedly stupid will happen to you because Hazama can't combo off it anymore unless if it's a level 2 and why should you be getting hit by a lvl2 when he's right beside you? As I said in my previous post, his biggest midscreen/no meter damage comes from a CH 3C. And after that, I said that 3C in a string is not safe UNLESS you Jabaki. That means, if your opponent mashes AFTER 3C, nothing happens except a CH Jabaki that does no shit if not in the corner. And then I said (well... implied. that was my bad. sorry.)that your opponent shouldn't be mashing before Hazama does his usual 2a 5b ( + frames) low hits. That means you shouldn't be getting hit by CH 3C IN THE PRESSURE STRING. That means the only time 3C gives Hazama his insane damage is a far off lucky 3C hit. And that means taking the risk of block (Tager can punish this really hard because Jabaki doesn't always make 3C safe. Sledge goes right through Jabaki for a CH). Your opponent can't punish 3C, Jabaki, but they can punish "free reset" attempts.

I'm pretty sure you're the one needs to watch high level Hazama matches because I'm basing this off on all of the matches I've seen so far(Buppa, Jaqn, Kagetsu and every other Hazama) and also my personal experience (Oh sorry I'm not Buppa so my opinion is shit, right?)

I never said Hazama isn't a bullshit character. I know this myself because I get sad when people wow over 6k damage in a match when I do 8k all the times. But I'm saying he's no more bullshit than Noel with her "every hit 4.5k".

ok seems like I couldn't get my point across and it looked like a bunch of contradictions. I said you can mash out of the overhead reset (if he gets too happy with it) since you say his reset is free. If he hits you with it, nothing retardedly stupid will happen to you because Hazama can't combo off it anymore unless if it's a level 2 and why should you be getting hit by a lvl2 when he's right beside you? As I said in my previous post, his biggest midscreen/no meter damage comes from a CH 3C. And after that, I said that 3C in a string is not safe UNLESS you Jabaki. That means, if your opponent mashes AFTER 3C, nothing happens except a CH Jabaki that does no shit if not in the corner. And then I said (well... implied. that was my bad. sorry.)that your opponent shouldn't be mashing before Hazama does his usual 2a 5b ( + frames) low hits. That means you shouldn't be getting hit by CH 3C IN THE PRESSURE STRING. That means the only time 3C gives Hazama his insane damage is a far off lucky 3C hit. And that means taking the risk of block (Tager can punish this really hard because Jabaki doesn't always make 3C safe. Sledge goes right through Jabaki for a CH). Your opponent can't punish 3C, Jabaki, but they can punish "free reset" attempts.

I'm pretty sure you're the one needs who needs to watch high level Hazama matches because I'm basing this off on all of the matches I've seen so far(Buppa, Jaqn, Jagetsu and every other Hazama) and also my personal experience (Oh sorry I'm not Buppa so my opinion is shit, right?)

I never said Hazama isn't a bullshit character. I know this myself because I get sad when people wow over 6k damage in a match when I do 8k all the times. But I'm saying he's no more bullshit than Noel with her "every hit 4.5k".

Okay, so if you're not pushing buttons, he gets to reset with 2A combined with 5B stagger for free and eventually command grab you for free, and if you ARE pushing buttons you can get frame trapped for damage. We've now defined "pressure", something that Hazama has a LOT of. Your drastically over-simplified picture of his offense leads me to believe you aren't very good at it, because Hazama really does have amazingly powerful offensive capabilities, considering his incredible zoning game on top of it.

It's not about converting to high damage, it's about continually maintaining easy safe knockdowns to build meter, which is when Hazama becomes truly insane. With 50 meter in his pocket, any confirm's damage is now average to high, regardless of starter, and builds a lot of meter back.

Anyway, keep practicing. You have a long way to go.

Okay, so if you're not pushing buttons, he gets to reset with 2A combined with 5B stagger for free and eventually command grab you for free, and if you ARE pushing buttons you can get frame trapped for damage. We've now defined "pressure", something that Hazama has a LOT of. Your drastically over-simplified picture of his offense leads me to believe you aren't very good at it, because Hazama really does have amazingly powerful offensive capabilities, considering his incredible zoning game on top of it.

It's not about converting to high damage, it's about continually maintaining easy safe knockdowns to build meter, which is when Hazama becomes truly insane. With 50 meter in his pocket, any confirm's damage is now average to high, regardless of starter, and builds a lot of meter back.

Anyway, keep practicing. You have a long way to go.

ok way to rub it in my face that I'm not the best Hazama player in the world. Thanks. I'm sure you get that a lot with your fellow Bang players. Anyways, if you really think that way about Hazama and his pressure, if you think he has a completely autopilot pressure and that you can land command grabs 24/7 and then land the overhead, go play Hazama. I'm not kidding. Just do it. You're learning a lot of characters recently so I'm sure an autopilot pressure will be easy to win with. Go play someone at your own level with Hazama and just tell me how you think. Tiers and matchups are completely opinion-based. If you think I'm just some stupid kid who thinks is good with Hazama, then so be it. Go try it yourself and gain some matchup experience on Hazama by playing as him. My opinion won't change because I've had my fair share in losses and wins with Hazama. And speaking of pressure and frametraps and command grabs, you don't happen to have a certain Ninja in mind, do you?

I like you as a person, but sometimes you go too far to prove that your opinion is the right one and that everyone beside the person you're arguing with is agreeing with you and try to shit talk the other person's intellect. I'm just gonna stop here since I don't want the cool fedora thread to be mobbed by people not knowing shit about Hazama.

EDIT: By the way, Willy doesn't USE any of the autopilot things that make Hazama good. That's why he's a -scrub-.

I bet I could learn this character in 2 days and do better than I currently do with Bang.

no, there is no way in hell... you already said something similar about taokaka, but we all saw where that went.

His combos aren't even easy (the good ones)

Yo guymam stay mad even when you have a positive matchup against Noel

Meaning your character is more bullshit

Hold that

I stand by my statement that WBW is best Hazama in America cause he's got spirit

Alright. Dacid, I like you, but why are you calling me out on random bitching aimed at no one? And why is there a sudden dick measuring contest in here? It's not like just because my character is good himself her bullshit goes away.

Dacid way must you think you have to single-handedly fight everyone on the internet?

Buppa sucks that guy didn't even qualify for SBO, stop using him as a hazama role model your wasting your time watching that BS.

Hazama isn't an easy character to play at a high level

If your opponent gets hit by a frame trap there's something wrong there? When he has some of the strongest advantage on normals/most easily resettable stagger pressure of almost anyone in the game? Yeah, sure.

Hazama's offense is autopilot. His ability to constantly reset his pressure with absolutely no thought and be easily safely be paid for it is way too strong right now. Your opponent is forced to make risky reads, which can lead to traps like 2C counter hit and 3C counter hit, or just a simple knockdown.

Litchi says hello

Which reset would that be? The overhead reset? You can mash out of that for free every time. If you see stance, it's immediately punishable if you have the reactions. You can jump out of most of his pressure and his command grab is his biggest threat in pressure strings. You shouldn't be mashing in anyone's pressure to begin with so I dunno why the hell you would ever get hit by a "frametrap" 3C. That's rediculous. 3C is such a risky move that without Jabaki, you'd get blown up every minute. Jabaki knocks the opponent away and completely ending any and all pressure that you have. If someone mashes after Hazama does a 3C, they're idiots. Seems to me you just don't know the Hazama matchup because you're saying shit that makes no sense.

LOL America holding 7 to victory.

1) Noel is an auto-pilot character to pick up and play and do massive damage and beat scrubs / people who can't block (Americans).

2) Hazama is an auto-pilot character after a certain point of... what, skill? combo learning? Whatever you want to call it. When you can actually hit-confirm and know combos Hazama is auto-pilot.

3) Dunno the Noel-Hazama matchup so not gonna comment

4) Shouldn't you be busy teaching top level japanese players Bang matchups dacid?

startuing to think that dacid has this persecution complex or something....

Realise this just now?

Nah, just niggas keep callin me out when I'm trying to make jokes, then talks get serious.

Guymam, it was a joke. WBW's Hazama, right now, is terrible. You already know I personally complimented your play at Revelations, cmon.

Zidane; agreed on all points. Especially teaching Japanese players shit they didn't know.

Huey, I never actually LEARNED her. Everything I knew about Tao was improvised during match. If I spent 48 hours straight, I could easily learn Hazama.

Nah, just niggas keep callin me out when I'm trying to make jokes, then talks get serious.

Guymam, it was a joke. WBW's Hazama, right now, is terrible. You already know I personally complimented your play at Revelations, cmon.

Zidane; agreed on all points. Especially teaching Japanese players shit they didn't know.

Huey, I never actually LEARNED her. Everything I knew about Tao was improvised during match. If I spent 48 hours straight, I could easily learn Hazama.

Learning him and doing good with him are completely different things. btw his 6D doesn't guard point if you catch my drift.

I bet you couldn't beat Lord Knight with just 6D, either :sweatdrop:

Look, referencing majors where I made top8 with a very bad character (apparently now third worst) isn't really going to make your point any stronger.

No but I feel hella good.

And seems like you got that "I'm using a bad character so I'm so fucking awesome" sentiment.

Do you ever give up?

You've already proved you don't even understand your main, do you really have to dig the hole deeper?

> hey hazama general seems busy let's take a look

> oh it's dacid telling someone how to play a character he doesn't know how to play again

> he's probably gonna get blown up by zidane/team st1ckbug in a few more pages and 20 people will have new sigs

can we move on to a new arc now? B<

I've already proved what? That you have no idea about any character other than your own main? Yeah we've already established that. The reason I referenced 6D was to show you how stupid personal insults were in this argument and you've done that multiple times so far. You're looking at Hazama's pressure from the view of someone being subjugated to it and has no idea what to do. Try it the other way around and you might see differently. You're picking on Hazama's pressure when there are so many other retarded pressures out there and that's what I don't get. You really like to get into a tangent, don't you :\

Now go learn Hazama. WC needs a semi-decent Hazama and I'm not talking about Willy.