Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1] Top Hat Top Hat Top Hat Top Hat: Top Hat Top Hat (fedora)

Being such a pro of it, how does one go about making people on the interweb despise them?

Its quite simple. Stop playing. Go to tournaments. Place high but not top 3. Get like 4th. When people ask why your good/bad be like o I dont really play. Then they get pissed cause they put so many hours into the game yet you still do better then them. Profit.

Its quite simple. Stop playing. Go to tournaments. Place high but not top 3. Get like 4th. When people ask why your good/bad be like o I dont really play. Then they get pissed cause they put so many hours into the game yet you still do better then them. Profit.

That's the greatest advice I've heard in a while.

That's the greatest advice I've heard in a while.

Edit: wtf it said I can't post for 44 seconds and yet I posted...

CS2 corner combo which all you Hazamas should be doing:

5C > 3C > Jabaki > 66C > dash 5C > 6C > dash 5C > 2C > TK Hirentotsu > 5C > 2C > TK Hirentotsu > 5C > 2C > TK Hirentotsu > 5C > 2C > TK Hirentotsu > 5C > 2C > j.Cx2-4 > Hirentotsu

If you're not doing that, shame on you.

i was experimenting with using that loop, can't test it right now, but I think my version is a bit better:

5C 3C jabaki 66C 5C 2C 2147B 665C 6C 665C 2C 2147B 5C 2C 2147B 5C 2C 4DD Cx5 214B

My combo is just a combo that involves more of the loop. I never bothered expanding the combo or trying out new things but I know that I can get nearly 100 heat from it and if I can, I can even add a rapid mizuchi at the end. Which means a 100% heat combo with about 5k damage that comes from 0 heat.

Guys, I need help.

Recently I suffered some brain damage, causing some heavy issues in the occipital lobe area.

With that said, I need some blazblue EX combos because the ones I'm trying to use now (from CS2) are not working.

PLEASE HELP ME!! ANY COMBO WILL HELP!!

To be more specific.

What can I get off of 5B - super?

What can I get off of 6A - super?

What can I do in the corner?

What can I do midscreen?

ANYTHING!!! :gonk:

Guys, I need help.

Recently I suffered some brain damage, causing some heavy issues in the occipital lobe area.

With that said, I need some blazblue EX combos because the ones I'm trying to use now (from CS2) are not working.

PLEASE HELP ME!! ANY COMBO WILL HELP!!

To be more specific.

What can I get off of 5B - super?

What can I get off of 6A - super?

What can I do in the corner?

What can I do midscreen?

ANYTHING!!! :gonk:

Any starter into super (Considering you only used one normal before the Houtenjin should give the same combo possibilities in most cases).

Now as for actual combos, I'm going to base these off videos and my own knowledge because I have yet to touch BBCSEX.

Midscreen: Since CS2 relaunch is mostly dead, the combo is broken down to its CS2 easy mode version.

Normal > Houtenjin > optional dash Zaneiga Lv2 > 6C > dash 5C (both hits) > jc > j.Cx5 > land 2C > 4D~D > j.B > j.Cx2 > jc > j.Cx5

Now if you want to go into pro relaunch level combos for CSX, it's this:

Normal > Houtenjin > optional dash Zaneiga Lv2 > 6C > dash 5C (both hits) > jc > j.Cx5 > dash and 2C > Hirentotsu loop (Again, I don't have the game so I'm not sure how many you can do) > 4D~D > j.B > j.Cx2 > jc > j.Cx5

tbh I'm not exactly sure in what situations j.6D link works because I've seen it being done the CS2 style but no one seems to be doing it so I think it's the proration or something. Not sure.

As for corner combos:

5C > 3C > Jabaki > 66C > dash 5C > 2C > Hirentotsu Loop x N > 5C > flash kick > 3C > Mizuchi for combo ender and damage. I believe the combo itself pays for the Mizuchi but correct me on that if I'm wrong.

5C > 3C > Jabaki > 66C > dash 5C > 2C > Hirentotsu Loop x N > 5C > flash kick > 5C > flash kick for hard knockdown and oki

Corner heat combos come in two separate sets: 1. You switch sides. 2. You don't switch sides.

I'm honestly not sure which version is better. Theoretically, the one where you switch sides is superior but many people opt to choose the second option for some reason. Might be that the link is harder or the combo is harder in general if you do the side switch.

Side switch: 5C > Houtenjin > 214D~C > switch side 6C > 5C > 2C > TK Hirentotsu > dash 5C > 2C > 6D~A > Jakou (I'm not sure why they don't add a 4D~A after the 6D~A though. Makes no sense to me) > 5C > 2C > TK Hirentotsu loop x N > 5C > 2C > Flash kick > 3C > Mizuchi

Again someone correct me if I got that last part wrong.

The non side switch version is just the watered down version of that where you do TK Hirentotsu loops a buncha time and then maybe one or two flash kicks and then 3C > Mizuchi

Dusty did the old relaunch combo on Relius at NWM.

He may not be broken, but his chains are looking more my taste of movement for him.

I'm going to love it.

j.214b loop and that thing is not easy to pull off.

Ehem, I think this an appropriate starter to a post about a MOTHERFUCKING BREAKTHROUGH I made as far as visual cues go for the TK Hirentotsu loop.

So, if you think to yourself, "man, I can do TK hirentotsu after 2C, but sometimes I do it too late to where it doesn't hit them, or I end up doing backwards sj.B and look like an idiot," then fear no more. Here's a big tip on how to know when to do TK hirentotsu properly after 2C. You know how Hazama's C moves have that pretty trail that follows them? Like Hazama's 5C that makes that sweet looking X through the air? Well, in the case of Hazama's 2C there are 3 stages of that trail. The first is an ellipse, followed by a parabolic shape, and then it disappears. The second you see that parabolic shape disappear, do 2147B and I guarantee you it will connect every time without fail.

[note: I'm not sure if this is the part that people have trouble with, but it was most definitely the part I was having trouble with.]

I'm honestly not sure which version is better. Theoretically, the one where you switch sides is superior but many people opt to choose the second option for some reason. Might be that the link is harder or the combo is harder in general if you do the side switch.

I think that most Hazamas don't go for the side switch route because they are afraid to get burst'd on the pick up after doing (side switch) 6C (and therefore dropping the 5c/2c pick up and bait the burst unless they want to risk being forced in the corner).

Plus I doubt the damage you gain from doing the side switch combo is much higher than just going into the hiren loop.

You could occasionally see jps doing this in CS2 as well (opponent with a burst, and refusing to side switch after hit confirming hountejin), the reward for not side switching was obviously pretty bad so it wasn't a very popular choice of course (and people were bursting the second Hazama hit with a normal and 50% ready anyway :psyduck:)

Also any hindsight on 214d~b oki?

It feels inferior to j214b or 214d~a oki to me, but I guess there might be something I'm missing.

I think that most Hazamas don't go for the side switch route because they are afraid to get burst'd on the pick up after doing (side switch) 6C (and therefore dropping the 5c/2c pick up and bait the burst unless they want to risk being forced in the corner).

Plus I doubt the damage you gain from doing the side switch combo is much higher than just going into the hiren loop.

You could occasionally see jps doing this in CS2 as well (opponent with a burst, and refusing to side switch after hit confirming hountejin), the reward for not side switching was obviously pretty bad so it wasn't a very popular choice of course (and people were bursting the second Hazama hit with a normal and 50% ready anyway :psyduck:)

oh, and are you sure 214d~b is actually an hard knockdown?

I've been wondering why they just don't drop the combo a little earlier and go into j214b or 214d~a oki since 214d~b doesn't seem to be too good as far as oki goes? I could be wrong tho.

Sorry but bursts are not legitimate reasons for not going for optimal combos.

And yes it is. I've seen them get very good mixups off of it and nearly every Haz in the business does it now.

Ehem, I think this an appropriate starter to a post about a MOTHERFUCKING BREAKTHROUGH I made as far as visual cues go for the TK Hirentotsu loop.

So, if you think to yourself, "man, I can do TK hirentotsu after 2C, but sometimes I do it too late to where it doesn't hit them, or I end up doing backwards sj.B and look like an idiot," then fear no more. Here's a big tip on how to know when to do TK hirentotsu properly after 2C. You know how Hazama's C moves have that pretty trail that follows them? Like Hazama's 5C that makes that sweet looking X through the air? Well, in the case of Hazama's 2C there are 3 stages of that trail. The first is an ellipse, followed by a parabolic shape, and then it disappears. The second you see that parabolic shape disappear, do 2147B and I guarantee you it will connect every time without fail.

[note: I'm not sure if this is the part that people have trouble with, but it was most definitely the part I was having trouble with.]

It's probably better to perform the tk motion utilizing the forward jump instead of the back jump, in order to give j.214b more effective range and limiting the amount you might have to dash midscreen. Probably never a reason to not use 2149b.

Also visual cues can be helpful, but it's much more reliable to simply memorize the timings, else you'll be prone to dropping the combo when in a complicated position.

Also visual cues can be helpful, but it's much more reliable to simply memorize the timings, else you'll be prone to dropping the combo when in a complicated position.

Yeah, I was a little bit hyper earlier for no reason, but the visual cue is good for practice on when the right timing is. Repetition of that will lead to memorization of that timing. Also, yeah the 2149 motion is better, my bad.

Also any hindsight on 214d~b oki?

I've seen some JP matches where they do 3C after 214D~B without mizuchi and it looks like there's quite a bit of time before they can tech. Other than that, depending on what combo they were doing, there was sometimes the option of doing 5C > j.C x 5 > j.214B as well after 214D~B.

One thing I've always wondered when attempting the Hirentotsu loop is do you need to return to neutral after 2C? 2C147B vs 2C5147B I feel like when I input 2C147B I just get SJ back jB and I can't figure out if it's a timing issue with pressing B or the input itself.

Instead of trying to do the conventional TK (21478), do 8214 instead. It will get you back to neutral and the combo will work. You also won't get super jump j.B anymore.