Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1] Top Hat Top Hat Top Hat Top Hat: Top Hat Top Hat (fedora)

so, is there any way to hit jakou on some chars (bang, hakumen so far.. probably more) on somewhat prorated starters into 6d4dj8d? because of proration, they tech out if i delay even a little bit

If Jakou whiffs for me in that combo it's usually because I canceled the dashes too early during the 66>6C>66>5C to get the correct spacing..

Dash not long enough = Jakou wiff

Dash too long = techable after j.8D

Not sure if that's relevant or w/e..

People roll away from me for free mid-screen after a small combo ending with 214D-A.

What can I do about this exactly? I know 3C catches them sometimes, but if they Neutral Tech when I do it, it seems like a free punish for them.

You could 2B quickly and hope to catch their roll. If they roll away, just start your next plan of action. You won't always be able to keep reapplying pressure after 214D~A ender. Sometimes they'll get away from you. What's good to do is watch what they do. If they consistently roll, punish them for it. If they consistently tech neutral, go for pressure/236C. If they try to jump out a lot, go for an air throw. 214D~A isn't about guaranteeing you followup, it's about putting you in a strong position to continue your assault and to give you a lot of viable options.

J.6D? meh.

That usually only catches them rolling after a 623D done at the right height.

I actually can get them, at the very least, blocking with j.6D though.

...Oh, one more question. Which works better for meaty, 5B or 5C? 2A just isn't working for me nowadays, getting hit by wake-up Heart Cars for 5K damage in corner left and right.

EDIT: Only saw your post now Kazuki, I've tried a few times with 2B. It doesn't really ever catch them as they roll away too fast to catch them even on frame one, and even in corner, they seem to roll to the other side of me before the active frames on 2B kick in.

I'd go with 5C. The fact that it hits twice seems to give it a good advantage in that sense. Plus it has great vertical range. And you can cancel it with a lot, so it still gives you quite a few options.

5B seems trickier to time, but seeing as it leads into the 6A/6B mixup, it's probably a good thing to practice as well.

EDIT: Only saw your post now Kazuki, I've tried a few times with 2B. It doesn't really ever catch them as they roll away too fast to catch them even on frame one, and even in corner, they seem to roll to the other side of me before the active frames on 2B kick in.

Well, in the corner, 2A should still work most of the time for catching rolls. Other than that though, I'd only recommend catching rolls with 3C if they do it consistently. Otherwise, it's too risky to eat that counter.

People roll away from me for free mid-screen after a small combo ending with 214D-A.

2B and 5C will catch any roll attempts.

If you catch their rolls with 5C, and the combo leading to 214D~A was not too long, you can:

...3C 214D~A 5C 2C 6DA 4DA J7DA 623D J6DD 66C 66 5C 2C sj.B JCx2 JCx5 j.214B

DMG: ... + 3101 HG: ...+58

I'm saying not long ago because the few times I've tried doing that from something like 2A 5B 5C 3C 214D~A, the CPU would always tech on j.7DA, while 5B 5C 3C 214D~A would not result in a tech.

It could have been me messing up though, needs more testing!

If they quick getup right after 214D~A, then mix up with:

- dash 236C > 66 5B 5C 2C 3C 214D~A > ...

- j.B/j.C or IAD j.B/J.C to crossup, change up the timing every now and then (you can crossup with j.C without IAD)

- dash > something, 2A, throw, w/e

Just experiment in training mode.

The oki that 214D~A gives is pretty good, the things you can do are alot.

Edit: oh, my bad, I didn't see that there was another page, kazuki explained everything already :v:

5C hotenjin into 214D~C 6c 66 5C 2C 6D 4D j.7D 623D j.6D~D 66C 66 2C j.C j.CCCCC 5C 623D 66 3C Mizuchi gave me better damage than a fatal counter hotenjin starter.

I... I don't know.

This is the general thread! WE NEED MORE RANDOM NONSENSICAL DISCUSSIONS. Like how Platinum is now the only character that is worth anything in this game. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

That's because hotenjin has 50 P1 and 5C has 100 P1. Dat's my 1 factual contribution to ustloop.

rapture general

let's talk about hazama's english name for jayoku houtenjin

I'm having a REALLY hard time adapting to Haz 2.0. Is there a guide to CS2 Hazama? I've been completely lost and have only found bits and pieces here and there which is difficult for me to put together. The few BnB/combo lists I find seem to be old and probably out of date.

I'm also confused about what if any oki and blockstrings he has to utilize. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm having a REALLY hard time adapting to Haz 2.0. Is there a guide to CS2 Hazama? I've been completely lost and have only found bits and pieces here and there which is difficult for me to put together. The few BnB/combo lists I find seem to be old and probably out of date.

I'm also confused about what if any oki and blockstrings he has to utilize. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Maybe some of us are working on a guide?

:eng101:

Oh Gaimum, don't you think its time to stop the nonsense for a moment to get ready for June?

Oh Gaimum, don't you think its time to stop the nonsense for a moment to get ready for June?

.-.

theres a timing for 5c where it will

1. hit meaty if they neutral tech asap

2. hit rolls attempts even if they try to roll asap

if you whiff a 5c to try to catch roll attempt you will get sad. 2b is even worse. in corner, 2a/os jh catches rolls. of course, you are still at risk of getting DP'd, and you sacrifice some mix up options with 5c midscreen

---

anyone want me to try and bother making a CS2 list of IB houtenjin kinda gaps/almost guaranteed punishes? tbh the only gap (that isnt obvious) know of right now that is sort of guaranteed is tsubaki's 2b. most cs2 attacks can be made air tight even on IB, even if their SD comes out to -7 or more, lol..

I'm gonna try my hand at putting something together and not be lazy this time like the CS1 guide I was gonna make.