Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

When you say "real match", do you mean against a person IN PERSON or against a person online?

Online.

I'm having trouble landing it after the 3C>214D© part. It's probably more or less that im still relatively new to the arcade stick and the game too idk

Online.

I'm having trouble landing it after the 3C>214D© part. It's probably more or less that im still relatively new to the arcade stick and the game too idk

As soon as the 214D© is about to end, input 236236B

Lag could be an issue too, but even in lag, I can get it.

Need some help. I got this game about a month ago, and I fell in love with Hazama ^_^ and the game itself of course. I play pad for about 2 weeks, the I immediately switched over to a TE arcade stick. I pretty much have the whole jist of it, and I can do pretty much all the bnb's, RC combos and wutnot. However, I cannot do hazamas 236236b distortion special when in a real match, Idk its like hard for me to correct input that under pressure. Any pointers would be awesome!

Work better under pressure? :U

Jayoku is bufferable during 214D~C if you really need it. Or I think it's bufferable. Or 214D~C is cancellable into Jayoku. Anyway, something like that.

Probably been asked before but...

1: What are Haz's best moves to hit through the opponents pressure? I keep trying 5B but I'm likely trying to hit during an opening that doesn't exist. I always seem to just eat Ragna foot.

2: Which is the better anti-air, 5A or 5B, and what can you do off of it?

Uh, I'm not too sure as far as 5B goes (never used it but that doesn't mean I may not be doing something wrong!) but for 5A:

- 5A>5C>4DA>4DD>#j.214B.

When I can't reliably use 5A (mostly against Arakune's j.B) I use 2C as most of the times it either straight up wins or trades.

After a trade you can follow up with 623D (or 4/6D chains etc).

1: What are Haz's best moves to hit through the opponents pressure? I keep trying 5B but I'm likely trying to hit during an opening that doesn't exist. I always seem to just eat Ragna foot.

1. IB Hotenjin as always. If you have no meter, then waiting for an opening and doing a 2A. But what I personally do is try to jump away from the pressure if I have not meter and try to reset into zoning like a boss.

2. 5A is a much better anti-air than 5B. It beats out most things except superior pokes like Hakumenz j.C and Arakune's j.B. As _Sey said, 2C is an excellent anti-air as well.

As said, IB jayoku is your friend here. 2A is the next best thing. 5A is as good as Bang's and is faster than 2A by a frame but it whiffs on crouched opponents so it's not as ideal.

5B AA, wat. :psyduck:

Unless you mean in CS2, in which case I have no idea how good it is as an AA. CS AAs are 5A, 5C, 2C and 3C. 5A's fast but has no real AA properties, 5C prorates better, 2C is the real AA and 3C is situational.

I don't know if you want to be using 5B though. It's hitbox is pretty low and it's not like it has any priorities (I think).

CS1 or CS2?

If CS1, lol

If CS2, lol

CS1 lol

Done with FC 214D~B > 6D > d.6D > j.5D > Jakou > j.6D~D

and his forward grab

Hey guys! I can't seem to land a 5c after a dash(example5b,3c, 214d,5c,dash,5c), is there any visiual hints you can give me when to dash, is it a timing thing or do I need to wait a bit after 214d before hitting 5c?

Thanks in advanced!

No, or ether no dash(I guess to soon), or dash and 5c doesn't connect he quick rolls(or whatever) out before I cant hit with 5c... I mean I can connect it but not all the time, so I want to know if there is something especific that I should do... or what I'm doing wrong?

Didn't see this thread, ended up posting in general, sorry.

Was wondering if someone could give me the basic rundown on what CSII Hazama is supposed to be like.

After viewing a few videos, I noticed that his combos are all different than CS. Also, the gameplan in the videos I saw were:

1. try to get opponent into corner

2. Spam corner combos that have lots of position changes in them. (They're in corner, then you're in corner, then 623D and they're in the corner again, etc)

I saw lots of pushing, I guess.

236D at the end of a string pushes them into a wall followed by 5D pulls into corner combos, for example, most of them while he is still grounded.

I didn't see any combos where the opponent was in the air for more than 8 seconds unless there was a Jayoku.

So is he all about the corner now or what?

CS2 in general is all about the corner, most characters lost their ability to big damage midscreen (there are exceptions, noel for example). Hazama's case is that he's much lower damage midscreen, but has gotten improved zoning with the faster chains and cancels, and maintains a decent pressure game that is pretty safe to use. Hazama's main goal early on is to do 2 things right now: Build meter, and get to a corner.

Where hazama has a nice advantage is that his damage gets much higher regardless of who is in the corner (obviously it's far more advantageous to be the one pushing the opponent in the corner, but because of the reversal power of Hotenjin, hazama still can gain great reward with his back to the corner).

In general your observations are correct, Hazama midscreen does between 1500-1800 with no meter on average, and can get up to 3-4k with meter on average. Once he hits the corner he's getting 2500+ without meter and between 5-7k with meter. Obviously it's all matchup dependent, there are some characters like Makoto and Tager that you're going to focus harder on keeping them away as opposed to going for outright pressure. But anytime you reach the corner you are in a position for huge damage by CS2 standards (at least at this point in the games lifespan).

Something else to take note of is that i have been seeing far more hazama's pull in on blocked chains now. I'm not sure if this is a result of the increase speed in the chains, or if Hazama's are just playing a bit riskier due to the fact that his uber-safe up close pressure game from CS1 (5B) is not as strong now. So that is something else to keep in mind.

Quick question. When I see a combo for example 5B > 3C > 214D~C(2) > (Dash) 5C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

what does the (2) in brackets mean? Does it mean input C twice?

CS2 in general is all about the corner, most characters lost their ability to big damage midscreen (there are exceptions, noel for example). Hazama's case is that he's much lower damage midscreen, but has gotten improved zoning with the faster chains and cancels, and maintains a decent pressure game that is pretty safe to use. Hazama's main goal early on is to do 2 things right now: Build meter, and get to a corner.

Where hazama has a nice advantage is that his damage gets much higher regardless of who is in the corner (obviously it's far more advantageous to be the one pushing the opponent in the corner, but because of the reversal power of Hotenjin, hazama still can gain great reward with his back to the corner).

In general your observations are correct, Hazama midscreen does between 1500-1800 with no meter on average, and can get up to 3-4k with meter on average. Once he hits the corner he's getting 2500+ without meter and between 5-7k with meter. Obviously it's all matchup dependent, there are some characters like Makoto and Tager that you're going to focus harder on keeping them away as opposed to going for outright pressure. But anytime you reach the corner you are in a position for huge damage by CS2 standards (at least at this point in the games lifespan).

Something else to take note of is that i have been seeing far more hazama's pull in on blocked chains now. I'm not sure if this is a result of the increase speed in the chains, or if Hazama's are just playing a bit riskier due to the fact that his uber-safe up close pressure game from CS1 (5B) is not as strong now. So that is something else to keep in mind.

With IB nerf flying in is much more viable.

With IB nerf flying in is much more viable.

What did they nerf on IB?

Is it just harder to do with a smaller time frame or do you get less heat gain?

Cause IBing is one of the things I think I'm slightly decent at =/

Everything about CS2 Hazama is working against me so far, lol.

Less frames. Ground IB in CS1 is -5f blockstun, air IB is -10f, in CS2 it's like 3 and 6, respectively.