Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

5C(2) > 3C > 214D~C > 5C(2) > jump forward > j.Cx5 > land > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

make sure you are doing 2C as fast as possible. to do this, i would hold 2 as the j.Cx5 is about to finish, and continue mashing on C as i land (while holding 2) to release the 2C immediately.

I thought that combo didn't work? lol. Oh and thanks for the tips on the other combo i will try it on Tager this time.

Also do you guys know how to get the midscreen 623D > dash 3C. Like in this combo Neutral Throw > 6D~A 6D > 623D > (dash) 3C > Hotenjin > (dash ) 214D~C(2) > 5C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j214B#

Also what's the throw combo without the hotenjin?

Also this combo i got from the combo thread 236236B > (Adjust) [6D~A x 3] > 623D > 632146C. It says don't end in the super. So what do i end it in? Midscreen and Hazama in corner? And any tips on getting the 6D~A x 3? I can only get it twice. Is it char specific maybe?

Also do you guys know how to get the midscreen 623D > dash 3C

you basically have to dash at the right moment, similar to how you have to time the 214D~C after a jayoku houtenjin. just keep practicing it in training mode

Also what's the throw combo without the hotenjin?

Neutral Throw > delayed (optional) 6D~D > j.B > j.C > jump cancel > j.214B#

or

Back Throw > 5D~D > smash j.C while in the air > land > 5C (2 hits) > delayed 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

Also this combo i got from the combo thread 236236B > (Adjust) [6D~A x 3] > 623D > 632146C. It says don't end in the super. So what do i end it in? Midscreen and Hazama in corner? And any tips on getting the 6D~A x 3? I can only get it twice. Is it char specific maybe?

dont bother with that combo at all. you are better off replacing the 623D > 632146C with a 623D RC > j.6D~D > follow-up, dash 3C > jayoku > follow-up, or 623D RC > dash 214D~C > 5C > 2C > follow-up

the only way to get the 6D~A x 3 part is to just keep on practicing. you have to work on your spacing and timing. i recommend watching some hazama videos for help on this.

Oh cool man. thanks alot for that info. Will go and start trainin on that stuff now. Hate having to resort back to my old main Bang to win matches lol.

Oh and in this combo 623D RC > j.6D~D > follow-up, dash 3C > jayoku > follow-up. What does the first follow up mean? I have a lot to learn. Thanks again.

Oh and in this combo 623D RC > j.6D~D > follow-up, dash 3C > jayoku > follow-up. What does the first follow up mean? I have a lot to learn. Thanks again.

follow-up means what ever comes after. i was too lazy to write the rest of the combo, so i just used the short-hand term

623D RC > j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

dash 3C > jayoku > dash 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

Oh kk yer sweet.

WHy do pro's always do 3C > 214D~C >dash > 5C > j.C x 5 >land > 2C >4D~D >214B # when they could've easily gone for 3C > 214D~C >dash > 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > 214B#. Oh i've only seen the old as videos on youtube too. Does anyone know where their later vids are?

the second combo does more damage.

Ohhhh kk. That makes sense. I though it was cos all the vids i was watching were from 2009/early 1010 hehe. Do you know where any new vids are?

Most vids involve the same combos, basically. There's a few exceptions with character specific combos and the like vs Tager, ...623D>dash>5C>j.c>j.C(x5)>land>...

With CS2 right around the corner you don't really need to dedicate time on learning character specific combos for CS1.

i have trouble doing 623D>dash>3C>houtenjin.

what the window to do it (the Dash>3C part)? is it hard to master?

Apart from the ...6D>4D>623D>j.6D>... combo it is (in my opinion) the most annoying thing to learn with Hazama.

Rule of thumb is to try and catch the opponent with the 623D from as far away as possible for the combo to work, since it makes the timing easier (basically, the farther away the opponent is from Hazama when they're hit with the 623D, the more time you have for a follow-up).

For example, if you do

grab>6D>623D

you will have less time (or might even be impossible) to land a dash>3C, if you instead do

grab>6D~A>(wait for a few frames)>623D

you will find it much easier to do the followup

Hope you guys don't mind another couple of beginner-level questions about Haz's combos.

First up:

5B > 3C > 214D~C(2) > (Dash) 5C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > 623D

214D~C(2) is the stumbling block for me. Whenever I go for a lv. 2 Devouring Fang, the combo ends up blue-beat. Any advice regarding timing?

Secondly:

Neutral Throw > 6D~A 6D > 623D > (dash) 3C > Hotenjin > (dash ) 214D~C(2) > 5C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j214B#

And all other combos with that 623D > (dash) 3C figure. The recovery on Hungry Coils makes dashing in time difficult - and even when I do dash successfuly and land the 3C, it doesn't combo.

Hope you guys don't mind another couple of beginner-level questions about Haz's combos.

First up:

214D~C(2) is the stumbling block for me. Whenever I go for a lv. 2 Devouring Fang, the combo ends up blue-beat. Any advice regarding timing?

It's a typo. 214D~C doesn't hit 2 times and charging it doesn't really do much in a combo apart from adding extra damage.

It is possible to charge the 214D~C, but the timing is a tad strict. So focus on landing the combo as a whole before you go into trying to hit with a charged 214D~C.

Secondly:

And all other combos with that 623D > (dash) 3C figure. The recovery on Hungry Coils makes dashing in time difficult - and even when I do dash successfuly and land the 3C, it doesn't combo.

Another one of Hazama's tougher combo related things to learn.

I find it easier if you always recall your Drive (letting your opponent get lifted a bit higher, to increase the stun*). In other words:

Neutral Throw > 6D~A > (6D~A >) 623D > (dash) 3C > etc

(*Hungry Coils (623D) basically gets longer hitstun the farther along the chain the opponent gets hit.)

But I wouldn't really say that this dash > 3C thing is all that important to learn right now.

Instead, learn to combo in the corner from a 623D, learn the standard grab combo and the Rapid Cancel from 623D combo instead while after a mid-screen 623D always try and go for a dash > 3C, if you land it, then great.

Standard grab combo:

B+C > 6D~D > j.B> j.C > jump cancel > j.C(5) > 214B

RC 623D combo (varies, but an easy version goes something like this):

... 623D > RC* > back jump > j.6D~D > j.C(X) > 5C(2) > 4D~D > j.C(5) > jump cancel > j.C(5) > 214B

*(wait until the opponent is slammed against the wall)

X = as many as you can hit with

It's a typo. 214D~C doesn't hit 2 times and charging it doesn't really do much in a combo apart from adding extra damage.

It is possible to charge the 214D~C, but the timing is a tad strict. So focus on landing the combo as a whole before you go into trying to hit with a charged 214D~C.

Actually it's not a typo, besides the extra damage it increases untech time making it easier to do combo's or do combo's you couldn't do with out it.

5B>3C>214D~C(2)>5C>j.CX5>2C>4D~D>j.214B# doesn't work with out the level 2 of 214D~C

Hello! I have come bearing a question, I have recently started trying to excell at using Hazama (Not really doing so good atm but I feel I am getting slightly.. ever so slightly better!) I've been reading through hopefully to get better at mixing up Hazama's fighting style. Also I sort of came across an approach while playing against a buddy of mine and I was wondering on anyone elses opinion of it towards it actually being practical or useful since I haven't seen anyone use it.

It would begin with the opponent being close to you rushing in and you would do.. Counter 21478B - Dash - C - 2C - j.214b# or 623B.

There have been a few cases for me where i would like to assume no one saw it coming and managed to counter them (since it only works on counter)

But Opinions would be greatful!

Actually it's not a typo, besides the extra damage it increases untech time making it easier to do combo's or do combo's you couldn't do with out it.

5B>3C>214D~C(2)>5C>j.CX5>2C>4D~D>j.214B# doesn't work with out the level 2 of 214D~C

Isn't (x) reserved for number of hits? Well, nvm, could've sworn the charged version didn't increase in level. But I guess you start to misremembering things after not playing a character for 2 months.

But you can do that combo without a Lv2 214D~C if your starter is 5B or 5C (maybe some other openener, can't recall). Did you mean with a different starter?

It would begin with the opponent being close to you rushing in and you would do.. Counter 21478B - Dash - C - 2C - j.214b# or 623B.

Doing a TK j.214B is risky since it's not an overhead, has 19 frames of landing recovery and the prorate isn't that impressive either.

It does have a pretty good hitbox though and since it breaks primers it could be used to break the opponents last primer.

Doing a TK j.214B is risky since it's not an overhead, has 19 frames of landing recovery and the prorate isn't that impressive either.

It does have a pretty good hitbox though and since it breaks primers it could be used to break the opponents last primer.

Ah I see thanks. I would sometimes if I air dashed in pretty low, either use 5B or 214B and would rapid out of 214B if blocked since I still can't really get the Jayakou 214D~C follow up timing right after it and I usually end up with a 100 heat and not do anything.

Ah I see thanks. I would sometimes if I air dashed in pretty low, either use 5B or 214B and would rapid out of 214B if blocked since I still can't really get the Jayakou 214D~C follow up timing right after it and I usually end up with a 100 heat and not do anything.

So long as it works well against the people you usually fight and you don't plan on going pro then then feel free to keep this up.

But the reason people don't try and fish for a CH j.214B is because the damage isn't that great and your Heat is better spend on 236236B combos or Rapid Cancel combos.

But apart from 236236B it is Hazama's fastest primer breaking move and if you Rapid Cancel it you can break 2 primers in one go if you do another j.214B directly after the first one (while you're still in the air), so it's not completely worthless on block.

So long as it works well against the people you usually fight and you don't plan on going pro then then feel free to keep this up.

But the reason people don't try and fish for a CH j.214B is because the damage isn't that great and your Heat is better spend on 236236B combos or Rapid Cancel combos.

But apart from 236236B it is Hazama's fastest primer breaking move and if you Rapid Cancel it you can break 2 primers in one go if you do another j.214B directly after the first one (while you're still in the air), so it's not completely worthless on block.

Well I dont know what constitutes pro but I do hope to eventually be decent enough to hold my own and not lose a million matches in a row. But thanks for the insight, any little bit sure does help!

Isn't (x) reserved for number of hits? Well, nvm, could've sworn the charged version didn't increase in level. But I guess you start to misremembering things after not playing a character for 2 months.

But you can do that combo without a Lv2 214D~C if your starter is 5B or 5C (maybe some other openener, can't recall). Did you mean with a different starter?

I tried doin it with out the lv2 214D~C and they were able to tech right before J.214B every time. And if you do 5C(2) you need to do Lv2 as well (According to our all powerful Mod)

I tried doin it with out the lv2 214D~C and they were able to tech right before J.214B every time. And if you do 5C(2) you need to do Lv2 as well (According to our all powerful Mod)

Strange, I tried 4 variations and they all worked without a hitch in practice just now.

Regular

5B>3C>214D~C(1)>5C(1)>jc>j.C(5)>2C>4D~D>j.214B#

22 hits, 2733 dmg

Now let's add a 5C(2)

5B>3C>214D~C(1)>5C(2)>jc>j.C(5)>2C>4D~D>j.214B#

23 hits, 2887 dmg

Now, two 5C(2)

5C(2)>3C>214D~C(1)>5C(2)>jc>j.C(5)>2C>4D~D>j.214B#

24 hits, 3216 dmg

And of course the one with 2 5C(2) and 214D~C(2)

5C(2)>3C>214D~C(2)>5C(2)>jc>j.C(5)>2C>4D~D>j.214B#

24 hits, 3424 dmg

Maybe the timing is stricter, but I've always been able to pull if off, even when I didn't land a level 2 214D~C, which is why I was a bit surprised when you mentioned that the charged version had increased Level and was necessary.

Huh... I dunno then, maybe I was think of a diff combo then. I was goin off of what Zidane had said in the Mega Combo thread. Oh well, I'll still take the added damage though.

Quick question. The input for Hazama's astral 6321463214D. Does that really work? Or, rather, how does it work?

Well that's the input and it works, it's a bit tricky though.

There's a trick though, do a clockwise 720 motion and then press D.

Theres also two half-circle back and down-forward, if your against jumping at that moment.

EDIT: DERP