Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

It's ok to let him know the different ways it can be done, some ways work better for certain people than others.

If you do 66 only after the recovery on 6C ends you probably won't be fast enough to connect 5C. However, if you do 66 and input the second 6 before recovery ends your dash won't come out. You need to get a feel of the timing.

That's just overcomplicating things. Just knowing that you have to let go of forward when pressing C is enough info.

It's not really over complicating things at all. It guarantees that you get 5C every time, instead of "my joystick was slightly still on the forward microswitch and I got 6C instead and dropped a kill combo fffffffffffffffffffff"

So...uh..new to Hazama. I can't seem to figure out how to dash 5C, causing me to try and do another 6C, which doesn't work. Right now I'm using combos like 3c(CH),214D~C. 6C, 3c, 236D/Throw super, but it's probably not doing as much as I could be. So...yeah..any tips?

Just double tap and let go. There's no point in holding the dash for Hazama since he can't really run.

Just tried that. Seems to work better(although Ragna seems to tech before the 5C more often then not). Still hard as heck to play Hazama on a DS, but I'm trying! xD

:psyduck:

Er, sorry if this has been answered before, but I really want to play Hazama (who wouldn't, but that's not my point), and I really want to know--just how high an execution barrier does he have? For now, he doesn't seem all too much difficult, just a little tricky for me because of those dashes that are always iffy for me in general. I have only scratched the surface with him though, so I need to know--does he get fairly hectic as far as execution goes?

Honestly, the only thing that's remotely difficult for Hazama is the timing for the 5C 2C 6D>A 4D>A j.8D>A 623D, j.6D part of his big dayumage combo. Nothing else is much of an execution problem for him, and the only reason that particular part of his combo is difficult is because what time you delay which attack/what direction you jump/how close you need to be for the 5C/whether you have one or two hits of 5C is very character specific (and fucking picky sometimes, like in Bang's case).

The relaunch combo takes a bit of work since it's all character specific and there are a couple of tricky links. Nothing impossible though, unless you're doing it on Mu or Platinum, in which case just give it up.

Mu is easy to do relaunch on.... what are you talking about? Platinum isn't THAT hard either but still the hardest to do in my opinion.

Mu is easy to do relaunch on.... what are you talking about? Platinum isn't THAT hard either but still the hardest to do in my opinion.

Dunno, I can never make it work. Same problem as with Platinum.

I feel kinda stupid for asking, but what determines whether they can tech out instantly or not during the whole 6D~A, 4D~A, j.7/8/9D~A thing?

I'm trying to get the hang of it, but half of the time, they'll fall out as soon as the j.D hits, and I can't figure out why...:?:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I feel kinda stupid for asking, but what determines whether they can tech out instantly or not during the whole 6D~A, 4D~A, j.7/8/9D~A thing?

I'm trying to get the hang of it, but half of the time, they'll fall out as soon as the j.D hits, and I can't figure out why...:?:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Proration. How many normals do you use before the Houtenjin?

And... interesting username. lol

Oh, is that it? I've mostly been practicing it starting with 5B, 5C, 3C into Jayoku, since that's what I've been habitually resorting to in matches, but I'll have to try out different combinations I guess.

Just wanted to know what was causing it, so I could be sure to avoid it. Thanks.

Proration. How many normals do you use before the Houtenjin?

And... interesting username. lol

Ziodyne is the highest-level electricity-type spell in SMT games. Personally I prefer Bufudyne but to each his own I guess.

As for the actual question, I think he's having a problem with j.7D hitting inside the minimum range. That usually happens if you delay the preceding chains too much and let them drop too far (you do want to delay them slightly so they will float forward a tiny bit, otherwise 623D will whiff, but delay too much and they will fall down and j.7D won't connect properly.

Ziodyne is the highest-level electricity-type spell in SMT games. Personally I prefer Bufudyne but to each his own I guess.

As for the actual question, I think he's having a problem with j.7D hitting inside the minimum range. That usually happens if you delay the preceding chains too much and let them drop too far (you do want to delay them slightly so they will float forward a tiny bit, otherwise 623D will whiff, but delay too much and they will fall down and j.7D won't connect properly.

I know what it is <_<

Huh, I guess it was just a timing thing more than what I was starting the combo with; after having it pointed out, it just sorta clicked, lol.

Now that I've got that part down pretty consistently, I can work on screwing up the next part a couple hundred times. I've already got a promising start on my most recent failure. :keke:

Edited for Hazification. :HZ:

I like the Sol theme better though; even if it is blasphemous.

I can't read what this man is typing since I'm using Hazama theme like a good Hazama main. So iono. Hope it worked out.

I can't read what this man is typing since I'm using Hazama theme like a good Hazama main. So iono. Hope it worked out.

Good man, good man :3

Ohai guys. I'm a Noel player that just made an attempt to shift to Hazama a few hours ago, and I still don't understand how he is played, can anyone teach me a thing or two?

Hazama is a zoning/pressure based character and is best played as a combination of the two. Learn how to spam chains and frustrate your opponent by making it hard to get to you, and confirm any chain that hits them and isn't blocked into a d or c follow up and hit them with a combo.

Get used to using a forward dash for command grab, grab, and just any attack. Hazama's dash is used a ton in CS2 combos so get used to it.

Learn how to dash 5a/b/c without getting 6a/b/c.

Get used to stance and all your options from stance. Sometimes stance cancel is best. Don't go into stance from too far away. Get used to using 214d~b as anti air against certain characters like Rachel and Tager for example.

5a and 2c are the legit anti airs with the occasional 5c.

Just practice moving around with chains, his normal movement is pretty ass and if you don't have good chain movement you'll be losing a lot and having less fun.

tl;dr troll until you have 50 meter, win match.

A little tidbit i'm going to add here for the Haz players is that if you ever have a chain thrown out and your opponent goes for a random super, you can usually react in time with a stock. Just consider the situation and whether b, c, or d will get you out of it. I've avoided carnage scissors and f of g by reacting to the superflash with a d. If I were trying to avoid Jin's wave super for example while I have a fully extended 5d, I would try to use the b follow up. Hope this comes in handy for some of you :]

Good advice Shazam. I wasn't sure if you could use chain followups in superflash. Well, more appropriately, I wasn't sure if it was fast enough to get you the hell out of there. Seems like it's really difficult to escape Rachel's new DD without blocking now.

Sometimes super flash will fuck the ever living hell out of your follow up input. Hold that shit to make sure it comes out properly. I can't tell you how many times I've just fallen into a properly baited super due to super flash.

Hazama is a zoning/pressure based character and is best played as a combination of the two. Learn how to spam chains and frustrate your opponent by making it hard to get to you, and confirm any chain that hits them and isn't blocked into a d or c follow up and hit them with a combo.

Get used to using a forward dash for command grab, grab, and just any attack. Hazama's dash is used a ton in CS2 combos so get used to it.

Learn how to dash 5a/b/c without getting 6a/b/c.

Get used to stance and all your options from stance. Sometimes stance cancel is best. Don't go into stance from too far away. Get used to using 214d~b as anti air against certain characters like Rachel and Tager for example.

5a and 2c are the legit anti airs with the occasional 5c.

Just practice moving around with chains, his normal movement is pretty ass and if you don't have good chain movement you'll be losing a lot and having less fun.

tl;dr troll until you have 50 meter, win match.

A little tidbit i'm going to add here for the Haz players is that if you ever have a chain thrown out and your opponent goes for a random super, you can usually react in time with a stock. Just consider the situation and whether b, c, or d will get you out of it. I've avoided carnage scissors and f of g by reacting to the superflash with a d. If I were trying to avoid Jin's wave super for example while I have a fully extended 5d, I would try to use the b follow up. Hope this comes in handy for some of you :]

Read the whole thing, awesome man, this will help me immensely =D