Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

My only tip in addition to what others have already said would be to visualize the input in your head as 236236 -> 6+B. This really helps me do it reliably. There's a lot of use for this on wake-up as well, because people will pressure you with stuff because they think they're safely out of range. A really good example is Lamba trying to camp you in the corner with her 5Cs

Thanks! Hopefully I can add this to my Haz fights.

Can anyone show me some quick and effective meterless combos? I'm in desperate need of some. :P

Well honestly Hazama is pretty pitiful without meter. That's why he has such amazing meter gain. Without any meter/wall/counter/etc. all you can really do is 5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 3C -> 214D.A

If you're really close, you can add 2B after 5B on most characters. If the enemy fails to emergency roll the Falling Fang, you can pick them up again guaranteed with 5C. (they can emergency roll, obviously, but won't be able to tech in time if they don't)

If you YouTube "ctraltwtf hazama cse combos" you should be able to find my video. I'd link it but I'm sending this from my phone and its a pain in the ass

The only ways to launch an opponent effectively on Hazama are:

SIR (obviously)

Devouring Fang (combos on counter 5C and counter 3C and throws into the wall)

6B counter

Wind Serpent's Fang counter

3C -> Venom Sword into a wall

Rising Fang into a wall

Well honestly Hazama is pretty pitiful without meter. That's why he has such amazing meter gain. Without any meter/wall/counter/etc. all you can really do is 5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 3C -> 214D.A

If you're really close, you can add 2B after 5B on most characters. If the enemy fails to emergency roll the Falling Fang, you can pick them up again guaranteed with 5C. (they can emergency roll, obviously, but won't be able to tech in time if they don't)

If you YouTube "ctraltwtf hazama cse combos" you should be able to find my video. I'd link it but I'm sending this from my phone and its a pain in the ass

The only ways to launch an opponent effectively on Hazama are:

SIR (obviously)

Devouring Fang (combos on counter 5C and counter 3C and throws into the wall)

6B counter

Wind Serpent's Fang counter

3C -> Venom Sword into a wall

Rising Fang into a wall

Ah, I see. I'm going to look up your video so I can try and practice the combos shown. Again, thanks!

Ah, I see. I'm going to look up your video so I can try and practice the combos shown. Again, thanks!

Please be advised that while CtlAltwtf's combos are a thing that exists I guess the better Oki/meter/positioning/damage comes from Hirentotsu loops off of better good confirms. They are just harder.

^Yeah, I kinda noticed.

Guys, I need help again. :P

As my previous question, this one is about combos. The thing is that I lack knowledge of mid to advanced combos. I depend on a self-made tactic in where I corner bait the opponent by putting myself in the corner. Then as soon as the opponent commits a mistake, I back-grab them and throw them into the corner, following it with a Devouring Fang combo. Tragic, I know. :/ So can anyone show me some good combos? I really need them, lol.

^Yeah, I kinda noticed.

Guys, I need help again. :P

As my previous question, this one is about combos. The thing is that I lack knowledge of mid to advanced combos. I depend on a self-made tactic in where I corner bait the opponent by putting myself in the corner. Then as soon as the opponent commits a mistake, I back-grab them and throw them into the corner, following it with a Devouring Fang combo. Tragic, I know. :/ So can anyone show me some good combos? I really need them, lol.

Before you can do legit combos, you need to learn how to hirentetsou loop. Hirentetsou being j.214B. You need to Tk it as low to the ground as possible. There are many methods to do this. So try this combo on for size to get you warmed up. Meterless corner: 5b>3c>236D>6c>5C>2c>Hirentetsoux4>5c>2c>214D~B>3c>214D~B. If you can make it through this combo you can start moving up to big boy combos.

You'll need to be able to dash between loops too, to make this work. Are you aware of how to hirentetsou loop?

Okay, well just grind it out with that combo, and tell ya what. Add me on xbox and I can explain Hazama's combo theory more in depth.

Okay, well just grind it out with that combo, and tell ya what. Add me on xbox and I can explain Hazama's combo theory more in depth.

You just wanna talk with little boys. I know what you're playing at.

The tutorial thread and combo thread are there for a reason ;_;

Though, to be fair, the combo thread is still lacking somewhat, but it covers the important stuff. Not like it matters since that shit isn't going to be useful in about 6 months from now.

You just wanna talk with little boys. I know what you're playing at.

... You sayin' I like dudes?

ANYWAY! Since I actually haven't been on xbox I decided to not be lazy and just write out a combo list of all of Hazamas highest damage hit confirms in every situation he could possibly have. I'm almost finished. Suppose' I'll just add it to Maelstorms combo thread possibly? Idk yet.

Lich trying to aid his fellow fedoras, Zeron shitposts. NOPE. Nothing unusual here.

As where the list goes, why not just have it added to the first post of Mealstrom's thread? Seems simple enough.

I almost typed that as "MEALstrom"

At second glance, Mealstrom sounds better anyway.

Lich trying to aid his fellow fedoras, Zeron shitposts. NOPE. Nothing unusual here.

As where the list goes, why not just have it added to the first post of Mealstrom's thread? Seems simple enough.

You did type Mealstrom. lol I'm kind of a hypocrite, though because I wrote maelstorm. lol Mealstorm.

ANYWAY! Since I actually haven't been on xbox I decided to not be lazy and just write out a combo list of all of Hazamas highest damage hit confirms in every situation he could possibly have. I'm almost finished. Suppose' I'll just add it to Maelstorms combo thread possibly? Idk yet.

I've been saying that since I first talked to you...

At second glance, Mealstrom sounds better anyway.

You did type Mealstrom. lol I'm kind of a hypocrite, though because I wrote maelstorm. lol Mealstorm.

Never having an old-Dutch word in a handle again. Y'all can just call me AMB Bakery from now on. And yeah, Lich just PM me or post in the thread and I'll update it. I'll even add a legend to signify which combos are LICH combos.

New Hazama player here, and I'm hoping for a bit of advice to shake me out of the funk I'm in.

My other mains are Lambda and Tsubaki, and I'm a little worried that I'm just naturally terrible with Hazama. I feel very natural playing as Tsubaki and Lambda: all of their movement options make sense and flow easily to me. I'm also most comfortable at a mid-range, not super close up or far away (unless I'm Lambda), which also makes Hazama feel very strange to me, since he has almost no mid-range game. I realise that I'm supposed to be up in their face a lot of the time, but I have a hard time on both offence and defence. I really want to be good with him, though! My biggest problems are probably:

1. I don't know any easy (read: EASY) BnB combos to do with him. Full disclosure: I'm terrible at combos, and Hazama's fast-paced combos where you have to press a lot of buttons rapidly are even more difficult for me. The best I can land in actual matches so far is 3C -> 236D, 214D~B -> 623D, and throw -> 236236B -> 44 -> 623D. I drop the 623D after Houtenjin sometimes because of bad spacing and not knowing when I can or can't backdash.

2. I can't get out of pressure. 90% of my matches end with me being in the corner getting blown up for more than half my health. Whether it's a spacing mistake of mine that puts me there, or just corner carry from a midscreen combo, I have no movement options to escape severe corner pressure and I can rarely input Houtenjin fast enough to reversal from the corner, assuming I even have 50% Heat.

3. I don't know how to properly apply pressure. It seems like I'm never quite close enough for any of my moves to hit, especially after blocking something. I tend to play slightly defensively, blocking a move and then responding, and few of Hazama's normals seem to reach my opponent after pushback from blocking. If I dash forward, I get blown up, if I do a slower move, their longer range normals hit me, and if I just keep blocking, I eventually get opened up. Should I dash backwards at that range? I also don't understand good basic blockstrings for him. I'm starting to see that 5A, 2B, and 5C are pretty good moves at close range, but I don't know good followup strings...things that naturally lead into each other and are easy to space. For example, if I go 5A -> 5A -> 5B close up, the pushback from blocked 5As will make my 5B whiff unless we were kissing when I started. I don't want to end strings in 3C too much or it puts me back to neutral.

4. I don't understand good evasive or offensive chain movement. I usually approach with either 5D~D, j.6D~D or C, or 4D~C -> 6D~D. I mix in some A cancels, but they don't seem to be much of a deterrent. Are there any good 2-chain combinations that more experienced Hazamas use to confuse the opponent, attack from strange angles, or escape pressure?

I played about 20 matches tonight and won a few rounds at most. Am I just the worst Hazama player ever...? Any help would be appreciated.

2a > 5/2b > 3c is the simplest i can think of, then you flesh it out with more stuff depending on spacing. After 3c you can do 236d or 214d~a, or drop after 5b/c and go back into pressure. Jakou after houtenjin in something you get a feel for. But if the opponent is more outside than inside the line then you probably dont have to backdash.

To get out of corner pressure can be a bit tricky. Chains are a good but if you do it in an obvious way you will most likely get punished, this includes jumping. Using Houtenjin as a reversal is really risky, unless your opponent continously does something very obvious i'd say it isn't worth it, try to counter assault out instead.

As for chains and pressure, check out shazams beginners guide. Covers both topics.

I played about 20 matches tonight and won a few rounds at most. Am I just the worst Hazama player ever...? Any help would be appreciated.

Not to sound like a dick but you will not get far with Hazama (or any character) if you can't even do combos.

Spend some time in training mode and you'll get them, and even if you don't feel like learning his hiren loop, then do the jCx5 stuff, you can find the notation for most combos on the dustloop wiki.

Hountejin as a reveral is a bad idea most of the time because you'll need it to get most of your damage, it has it's uses as a reversal and can be used as so, but you shouldn't abuse it at all.

Instead, if people leave you some space while they have you cornered then try to to use chains to get out, 5DD, 2DD > j6DD, etc are all good options.

Hazama's 2A is actually one of the better 2A in the game, so once you learn the game enough you'll be able to use it along with ib'ing stuff to get out of pressure, don't mash for no reason if you don't know what you are doing though.

Also use barrier, it's very strong especially in the current (playable) version of the game (extend).

Hazama is all about frame traps and unpredictability, you can cancel all of your normals into 214d~a to reset pressure (or 214d~c as a low options but it's -1 on block and depending on the spacing and the characters you are against it may not let you reset pressure at all), 2A and 5B are also very strong option because they leave you with frame advantage, so doing stuff like 2A dash 2A, 5B dash 2A/5B, ecc are a good way to reset pressure.

Once the opponent gets used to blocking use your command throw and your back throw (easly nets you about 3.5k+ meterless if you learn to do real combos) to open people up.

2B is also a very strong normal that even though it leaves you at -1 can still be used as a way to apply dash pressure (risky but works just fine), or you can use it to bait reversals and stuff (vs. Ragna you can often do <blockstring ending in 2B> then do another 2B and his DP will whiff, same goes for makoto, jin, ecc, this is spacing dependent though).

Using chains is something that you'll have to get used to, it's not easy to explain everything Hazama can do with them.

I'm sure I'll eventually be able to do combos with Hazama same as Lambda or Tsubaki, his just feel weird to me so it'll take time. I'm not very strong at combos or abare, but I have pretty good yomi and spacing so I rely on that more to win me matches. I probably won't learn the Hirentotsu loop because it's not going to be around in BBCP anyway.

What are some good simple followups to Jakou and CH Zaneiga? I'm guessing it would mostly start off 66 > 6C > 66 >5C? Especially since 6D~A > 4D is supposedly harder to land in BBCP.

Off to put in some hours in the lab.

As far as Jakou after Jayoku, you can generally only dash 3c [214d~a] or [236d] unless you have cornered them.

A basic zaneiga combo would be as you said. 214d~c > (66)6c > 66 5c > j5c x 5 > dash 2c > hirentotsu > dash 5c > 2c > hirentotsu

You don't have to go the hirentotsu route, you can go into j5c again after 2c, or do 4d > j.b > j5c x 2 > jc > j5c x 5 > hirentotsu

New Hazama player here, and I'm hoping for a bit of advice to shake me out of the funk I'm in.

My other mains are Lambda and Tsubaki, and I'm a little worried that I'm just naturally terrible with Hazama. I feel very natural playing as Tsubaki and Lambda: all of their movement options make sense and flow easily to me. I'm also most comfortable at a mid-range, not super close up or far away (unless I'm Lambda), which also makes Hazama feel very strange to me, since he has almost no mid-range game. I realise that I'm supposed to be up in their face a lot of the time, but I have a hard time on both offence and defence. I really want to be good with him, though! My biggest problems are probably:

1. I don't know any easy (read: EASY) BnB combos to do with him. Full disclosure: I'm terrible at combos, and Hazama's fast-paced combos where you have to press a lot of buttons rapidly are even more difficult for me. The best I can land in actual matches so far is 3C -> 236D, 214D~B -> 623D, and throw -> 236236B -> 44 -> 623D. I drop the 623D after Houtenjin sometimes because of bad spacing and not knowing when I can or can't backdash.

2. I can't get out of pressure. 90% of my matches end with me being in the corner getting blown up for more than half my health. Whether it's a spacing mistake of mine that puts me there, or just corner carry from a midscreen combo, I have no movement options to escape severe corner pressure and I can rarely input Houtenjin fast enough to reversal from the corner, assuming I even have 50% Heat.

3. I don't know how to properly apply pressure. It seems like I'm never quite close enough for any of my moves to hit, especially after blocking something. I tend to play slightly defensively, blocking a move and then responding, and few of Hazama's normals seem to reach my opponent after pushback from blocking. If I dash forward, I get blown up, if I do a slower move, their longer range normals hit me, and if I just keep blocking, I eventually get opened up. Should I dash backwards at that range? I also don't understand good basic blockstrings for him. I'm starting to see that 5A, 2B, and 5C are pretty good moves at close range, but I don't know good followup strings...things that naturally lead into each other and are easy to space. For example, if I go 5A -> 5A -> 5B close up, the pushback from blocked 5As will make my 5B whiff unless we were kissing when I started. I don't want to end strings in 3C too much or it puts me back to neutral.

4. I don't understand good evasive or offensive chain movement. I usually approach with either 5D~D, j.6D~D or C, or 4D~C -> 6D~D. I mix in some A cancels, but they don't seem to be much of a deterrent. Are there any good 2-chain combinations that more experienced Hazamas use to confuse the opponent, attack from strange angles, or escape pressure?

1. Look at the combo quide thread for non-TK loop combos

2. Lrn2block and lrn2mash properly

3. How to pressure with him is readily apparent with his tools. A command grab, a super cancellable high/low 6a/6b, stance follows, jc normals, +on block normals, chains, etc. Pressuring is going to take some creativity on YOUR PART once you understand his tools. There is nothing we can tell you to do if you don't understand weight you're doing it.

4. This is something every Hazama ever is always learning because there is no right answer. Once you understand chaninng and follow ups, you then must apply them ON THE FLY. To be honest, no mortal could probably play Hazama and move perfectly everytime.

Once you can do and understand these things is when we can help. Right now all you're asking us is "how do I play fighting games" after pointing at Hazama