Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS1-CSE] Hazama QnA and Tidbits Thread

First of all, you should almost always forward dash after Houtenjin. Second, the timing for pressing C (visually) is when the opponent is level with the combo counter. Really, though, it's just something you've got to get comfortable with yourself.

First of all, you should almost always forward dash after Houtenjin. Second, the timing for pressing C (visually) is when the opponent is level with the combo counter. Really, though, it's just something you've got to get comfortable with yourself.

I knew about the dash, just forgot to write it. That second bit was exactly the kind of explanation I was looking for, thanks. Can do it pretty consistently now with that in mind.

I got a new question. How do you cross-under a 6C after Zaneiga? The opponent always techs before the 6C can land on them. So either i'm dashing under them too late, or my input is too slow.

The input for the dash 6C is 66C, do it in one motion.

The timing for the dash is something you'll have to figure out, unless someone can point out any visual cues. If they're too high you might want to hold down the second 6 for a little longer.

It's not that hard, I remember the only thing that held me back when I was trying it was the 66C, as I was doing 66 > 4C, which doesn't work.

edit: Of course this only works in the corner, if you want to crossunder midscreen do Houtenjin > dash > 66C.

I see people occasionally do dash Zaneiga > 66 5B, but don't know whether it's better or not.

You can also do dash 5C > 6C in the corner if you're having trouble, that's how we're all gonna crossunder in CP anyway.

If he techs before the 6c either you are doing the whole thing too slow or, like this is probably the case, you hit your opponent while he is too close to the ground. Try picking up with zaneiga a bit sooner than usual, you should notice the opponent being higher in the air after it hits. If you do it correctly, you should have more than enough time to crossunder with 6c. If you have the motion down you should be able to get this pretty quickly.

If you mean without houtenjin then, if it isnt charged, you have to get a counter to crossunder, although I can't say for sure since I havent experimented with that.

Thanks you guys. I see that I need to launch with Zaneiga early enough where they will be launched high, then do a quick 66C. Now I can get consistent crossunders. :]

I just want to to know what new useless but stylish combos we'll be able to get off this. That pretty much resumes the usefulness of Hazama's fatals in CP.

6B counter in EX is still nice since you can chain 3C-Zaneiga off of it though (the only problem is how to get that).

Hey guys. I need y'all's advice to improve my Haz's rushdown capabilties. ._.

His Drive is for closing the distance. Just be careful of people reacting with anti-airs. A good thing to do is to A cancel Ouroboros if it gets blocked, then shoot it immediately again. If they used an anti-air simply out of habit rather than reaction there's a good chance your second chain will find its mark. Hazama's got incredibly strong normals at close range (dat top tier), so don't be afraid to use em. If you're starting out, I recommend you not get into the habit of ending every single pressure string with 3C -> Falling Fang. It's really easy to predict and a lot of people will end up just 5A'ing you out of Falling Fang. Try throwing out Falling Fang really early in the string as a surprise High. Using it after the first hit of 5C usually works for me.

Advice aside, there's not much you can do to become better at Hazama then practice, practice, practice. He may be a really strong character, but he does take a lot of familiarity.

Falling Fang is a pretty poor choice for Oki. Hazama has excellent normals and you're denying yourself the chance to use them by doing that. Even if Falling Fang does hit, you're unlikely to get a combo off of it. For most situations, a meaty 5B is a good choice because it lets you go either low or high afterwards with 2B or 6A respectively.

Falling Fang is a pretty poor choice for Oki. Hazama has excellent normals and you're denying yourself the chance to use them by doing that. Even if Falling Fang does hit, you're unlikely to get a combo off of it. For most situations, a meaty 5B is a good choice because it lets you go either low or high afterwards with 2B or 6A respectively.

Falling fang isn't bad because it's plus on block and an overhead. And if it does hit, you get even better oki afterwards.

To me, by just hitting them, you're demoralizing them, and just fooling them into to being more susceptible to mashing or getting hit by mixups.

And finally, 5B > 6B isn't bad either, necessarily. It's just that, as a habit in the west, it seems we're generally less vulnerable to lows and more vulnerable to overheads. So basically, it's less likely to work as a mix-up, but if they block it, it's also hella plus (even on IB).

Just stuff to keep in mind. :3

That's not what oki is. Oki is controlling your opponents wakeup. So something like Lambda wheel is oki, because it forces you to tech or your gonna get fucking hit again. A meaty is a meaty, but that doesn't mean I have to wake up up and block it. I could roll away or whatever. Daisharin is oki, wheel is oki, meaties that force you to wake up a certain way like Hakumen's 6A in the corner are oki.

So basically, Hazama doesn't have especially strong oki. 2B and 2A are good choices to catch your opponent quick teching or rolling out of the corner. If you're talking about stuff to so on their wakeup, I don't know. Pick anything. + on block 5B, the quick low 2B, a meaty 6A, stance overhead/low, command grab/throw. I mean, take your pick. You got options. But there is nothing that will essentially force them to wake up a certain way.

THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU I GUESS.

Falling fang isn't bad because it's plus on block and an overhead. And if it does hit, you get even better oki afterwards.

To me, by just hitting them, you're demoralizing them, and just fooling them into to being more susceptible to mashing or getting hit by mixups.

And finally, 5B > 6B isn't bad either, necessarily. It's just that, as a habit in the west, it seems we're generally less vulnerable to lows and more vulnerable to overheads. So basically, it's less likely to work as a mix-up, but if they block it, it's also hella plus (even on IB).

Just stuff to keep in mind. :3

Falling Fang is beatable on IB, and your opponent is practically guaranteed to get IB on it when waking up.

If you want to force your opponent to stand, 2B is pretty much your only option. 6C stuffs rolls and leads to great damage but it's super risky and gimmicky. There's nothing that prevents them just going limp but that applies to practically everything except purple throws and specific moves like GF

I use falling fang as meaty against Tsubaki because it goes over A dp, and sometimes you're just not in the right spot to use a different button, but I mean it is good. It's not great, but it is good. Especially against tsubaki, even if they block I think it's +2 when uncharged and +4 charged. It's been a while, but yeah.

3C > Falling Fang > 2B/5C is an excellent setup that I use all the time because there's only a single option avoid the blue beat and that's emergency tech. So you're guaranteeing either a emergency tech or a blue beat Jakou ender. Hazama's recovery is so good that it doesn't matter if you whiff 2B. Its really obvious when the opponent fails the emergency tech as well so you can even use 5C on reaction.