Sign in to follow this  
Cirno

BBCS2 FINAL SHOWDOWN: Loketest 5, Nov. 15th Discussion

I wonder why DL is so full of jerkasses :I

Competitive fighting game community, comes with the territory.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10705267

It's around 14-16 mins. You can check out Tokido's strong fundamentals, such as:

-Doing overheads

-Hitting jA

-Not getting hit by oki 3 nails for no reason

*clicks link and first match is Dacidbro Copperdabbit*

Fuck that I'm watching all of this.

I knew WAY more about Bang than Tokido. He had better fundamentals.

I'm just too busy knowing more about everyone's characters to be better at the game than a japanese hero.

Alright DacidJake, I'm gonna re-watch the stream and just list things as I go...

15:20 - The match hasn't even started yet and he has already demonstrated his top-player status to your "weak fundamentals" ass: he didn't bring a stick. We all know this to be a strong move amongst top players. Why bring a stick when you can just have some sorry scrubs carry one around for you and jump at the chance to let you borrow it? I mean, they probably went home to tell their friends about how Tokido, lord of all that is BlazBlue, used THEIR stick to body the infamous FreeBro. What an honor.

15:33 - You were asked to do a button check for a better player than you.

17:28 - By this point you can tell that he already has better spacing (knowledge of the match-up) and combos than you. He tried to keep you in the corner while you just run around and press 5A, wiff, then get blown up for it.

17:36 - Caught mashing. Good shit.

17:50 - Block on wake-up? Yeah. His fundamentals are better than you... you got that right.

18:26 - End of your first courtesy round.

18:35 - L2instantblock.

19:00 - 5A > 2A stagger too strong? You're right, he doesn't know more about your own character than you.

19:20 - MashBro. GetblownupBro.

21:00 - Yeah we are kind of curious why he's so far in the tournament.

21:10 - You just got hit by jD. Just thought I'd point that out... I guess you were holding up?

21:18 - So here you start your "I forgot how to hit confirm" x2 American combo. Good shit FundamentalsBro.

21:54 - You might have done something smart that round. I guess that command throw was worth the rest of your nails.

22:20 - BaitthatsecondburstBro.

22:22 - I didn't want to say anything until now but, are you always pressing jA when you're in the air? When he's not even around?

23:14 - The second fire punch you got hit with this round.

So, what was I looking for again? You know more about the match-up and his fundamentals are stronger? Well, he's a better player, that's for sure... but you know more about the match-up?

How did the location discussion turn into a bash Dacidbro for losing to Tokido thread?

Really? You're asking how people easily get off-topic on Dustloop?

How did the location discussion turn into a bash Dacidbro for losing to Tokido thread?

sometimes you just get this overwhelming feeling.

sometimes... you gotta call a dacidbro out.

stuff

Hahahahahahahaha

Cuz it happens :v:

and we almost made it past 1000 posts

SO HOW'S ABOUT THEM GAMEPLAY CHANGES

You know, I'm actually quite excited about Haku's 4C becoming god-like. I mean, it's going to be quicker, air unblockable, and can be canceled with a special move...Haku said stay in that corner, bitch!

after looking at the haku changes im getting he's more corner dependant. double nerfed meter gain means landing his D counter is very rewarding to a point.

his mid screener doing 4400 damage, i thought he was supposed to be a complete zoner. :I i was wrong.

so powerful corner combos, slower meter, loss and gains on the counters, and faster C start up. we'll be fine.

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Alright DacidJake, I'm gonna re-watch the stream and just list things as I go...

15:20 - The match hasn't even started yet and he has already demonstrated his top-player status to your "weak fundamentals" ass: he didn't bring a stick. We all know this to be a strong move amongst top players. Why bring a stick when you can just have some sorry scrubs carry one around for you and jump at the chance to let you borrow it? I mean, they probably went home to tell their friends about how Tokido, lord of all that is BlazBlue, used THEIR stick to body the infamous FreeBro. What an honor.

15:33 - You were asked to do a button check for a better player than you.

17:28 - By this point you can tell that he already has better spacing (knowledge of the match-up) and combos than you. He tried to keep you in the corner while you just run around and press 5A, wiff, then get blown up for it.

17:36 - Caught mashing. Good shit.

17:50 - Block on wake-up? Yeah. His fundamentals are better than you... you got that right.

18:26 - End of your first courtesy round.

18:35 - L2instantblock.

19:00 - 5A > 2A stagger too strong? You're right, he doesn't know more about your own character than you.

19:20 - MashBro. GetblownupBro.

21:00 - Yeah we are kind of curious why he's so far in the tournament.

21:10 - You just got hit by jD. Just thought I'd point that out... I guess you were holding up?

21:18 - So here you start your "I forgot how to hit confirm" x2 American combo. Good shit FundamentalsBro.

21:54 - You might have done something smart that round. I guess that command throw was worth the rest of your nails.

22:20 - BaitthatsecondburstBro.

22:22 - I didn't want to say anything until now but, are you always pressing jA when you're in the air? When he's not even around?

23:14 - The second fire punch you got hit with this round.

So, what was I looking for again? You know more about the match-up and his fundamentals are stronger? Well, he's a better player, that's for sure... but you know more about the match-up?

OHSHI-

Can we make it a bannable offense for people who don't play the character to comment on other characters because they think they're good but then they lose mirror matches to Tokido?

Shit, did I say people?

I meant DacidBro.

FUCK

Here I am scanning through these pages and motherfucking Zidane drops this shit.

I can't breath, I wanna quote this, all of this. No offense to Dacid bro, but Zidane is like a fucking SSSSSS tier troll.

I'm sorry to be off topic, but that required recognition.

Back on topic, Arakune is looking real strong now, and I can see the kind of balance he has now.

Make it harder for him to curse, requiring risky aggressiveness, and make curse damage less rewarding and harder to achieve, but upon success, gives space for nice zoning and even recurse, it generates a risk/reward system, should he keep comboing with the heat penalty, or does he try his hand at resets with his slow and prorated overheads?

I honestly hope that recurse stays, but I wouldn't bitch if it was taken away in the final changes.