Sign in to follow this  
Cirno

BBCS2 FINAL SHOWDOWN: Loketest 5, Nov. 15th Discussion

This thread is lucky I was busy while all that stupid bullshit from earlier was going on. I was about to close this thread and make brand new one if that shit didn't clear up, but it did.

Spirit Juice has tamed the thread. Now I can sleep in peace.

Hopefully there are some changes that are worth translating/looking at tomorrow.

Regarding my mains, both Valk and Bang are being brought down from their celestial throne of godlike combo damage output, Hakumen is becoming more user-friendly, and Hazama's formerly useless tools are now incredibly useful.

On the whole so far I like what ASW is doing with everybody. It's like everyone's formerly useless moves are now useful. There's going to be quite a bit more variety now, no matter how small.

Spirit Juice has tamed the thread. Now I can sleep in peace.

Not really. The salt cloud just subsided before it was noticeable. It was more along the lines of everybody either somehow gained common sense or were afraid of being infracted/banned and decided to fix it themselves.

Edited by Vulcan422

Are they having legal problems? No cameras allowed?

Considering the videos from the 2nd loketest seemed like they were taken entirely in secret, behind objects, and were often cut off abruptly, I would assume something of the like.

It's like everyone's formerly useless moves are now useful.

Except Makoto's. They got the opposite treatment.

Good thing Noel's looking good again.

Bang didn't even do THAT much to begin with. He just got average damage off of everything.

He only does a "lot" in Furinkazan.

And that is obviously why he's top tier. /sarcasm

Edited by J-KT21

Bang didn't even do THAT much to begin with. He just got average damage off of everything.

this is more or less a huge reason that he is top tier.

he gets his average dmg of a random jA

i'm really doubting that BE will be used much since it apparently does shit damage mid combo now, you probably also need to be above them instead of aligned for all hits to connect

Well that's not too bad, it's pretty damn fast, IBing it couldn't be easy.

Really I think BE has a bit of potential outside of combos for the stuff I said earlier and the changes will probably improve them. Crossups, corner escapes, air pressure escapes/interrupts, etc. I'm really not sure because I don't play Ragna but it might be worth looking into.

Oh? I thought the new BE was going to be used more as a combo ender that gives heat and gets you back on the ground for you to continue pressure. Since ID>straight no longer wall bounces (i.e. pushes them away, so not able to continue pressure), and is more of a push-them-into-the corner kinf od combo ender, and ID>axe kick is more of a more damage + relatively more life gain (like that matters) kind of combo ender. So... you know, variety of combo enders. Just my opinion though, so I might be wrong.

Ushi's awake. (and now I am not. goodnight.)

カルルスレにも全部書いたし、あとはコンボ開発だなー ブリオの壁バンが凄い怪しい

I really wish I knew how many loketests they were gonna do, I might just stick with GG for now until Platinum DLC comes out...if it ever comes out for CS1 that is.

カルルスレにも全部書いたし、あとはコンボ開発だなー ブリオの壁バンが凄い怪しい

I wrote everything in the Carl thread, next is to come up with combos. burio's(i dont play carl so i dunno) wall bounce is really weird.

This is the last loketest, the game goes live in arcades December 9. I doubt there'll be many if any changes between final loketest and live (wouldn't want to change something then not test it in case someone breaks it) so imo you're looking at either the final version or very close to it.

And as I said, I don't play Ragna, BE being useful outside of combos is just a hunch from watching pros. If it's sharp enough it could be possible to hit them as you're going down and land either right in front of or just behind them, depending on how you time it. Superjumps into that could end up a good gimmicky approach, or it could be useful for oki somewhere.

idk, it's all just pretty farfetched speculation on my part.

Well that's not too bad, it's pretty damn fast, IBing it couldn't be easy.

Really I think BE has a bit of potential outside of combos for the stuff I said earlier and the changes will probably improve them. Crossups, corner escapes, air pressure escapes/interrupts, etc. I'm really not sure because I don't play Ragna but it might be worth looking into.

doesn't combo into anything except 5A on a cornered tager, and leaves you at - frames, so no

also whoever said it won't be used in combos is most likely wrong, it's an aerial corner push, which rg doesn't have

Edited by -Ladon-

I'm pretty sure that double GH combos will give you more damage, meter, and push into corner now if they're still possible

I thought you played well against Tokido, Dacid. :>

Y'know except for the whole getting your ass beat thing. The bursts so obvious even I saw them coming. Wasting nails. Shit like that.

Otherwise a very admirable performance~