Sign in to follow this  

Bridget Basics

Well, I'm coming to the point where I'm starting to incorporate rolling idous into my air combos to extend them. With the yo-yo anywhere on screen, from a counterhit 2S or anything that launches them nearby, I can get jS.j2S.jS.j2S.214K.jS.j2S.214K.jS, but after that I can't get the 2S to connect. Should I just end with jK.jS instead? Thanks!

Actually it's better damage to roll earlier in the combo. CH 2S~6S~j.S~roll~j.2S~jc.K~j.S~j.2S~roll~j.S~j.2S This works amazing on Chipp off of j.P's. anti-air j.P x N (until thet get that height where your j.S would hit under them )~j.S~roll~j.2S~jc.K~j.S~j.2S~roll~j.S~j.2S

Ah poor Jais. You know the sad part too? Everybody in accent core has damage, except Bridget. I've switched to I-no and shes infinitely better. She also nets far more wins and looks cooler overall. I've never been used to actually dealing 70% life before in a single combo. Another cool thing is that playing Bridget taught me to air throw frequently because his air normals and AA sucks.... funny thing is that people didn't notice the huge amounts of air throws at all until they start losing 25% life because of them, thanks ino :keke: Though all of this seriously reinforces my idea that Bridget deserves his own crap tier. The only remaining thing he is good for is counter picking pot/dizzy/sol users, no offense :v: I seriously don't feel you can net wins consistently in a tournament setting. Kinda sad i've switched for that very reason too, since Bridget is an awesome character. S'ok cause i'll still be repping him by raping the random scrubs that unfortunately happen to challenge me on the #R machine. Doesn't matter in the end cause I wasn't that good anyways.

Ah poor Jais. You know the sad part too? Everybody in accent core has damage, except Bridget.

I've switched to I-no and shes infinitely better. She also nets far more wins and looks cooler overall. I've never been used to actually dealing 70% life before in a single combo. Another cool thing is that playing Bridget taught me to air throw frequently because his air normals and AA sucks.... funny thing is that people didn't notice the huge amounts of air throws at all until they start losing 25% life because of them, thanks ino :keke:

Though all of this seriously reinforces my idea that Bridget deserves his own crap tier. The only remaining thing he is good for is counter picking pot/dizzy/sol users, no offense :v:

I seriously don't feel you can net wins consistently in a tournament setting. Kinda sad i've switched for that very reason too, since Bridget is an awesome character. S'ok cause i'll still be repping him by raping the random scrubs that unfortunately happen to challenge me on the #R machine.

Doesn't matter in the end cause I wasn't that good anyways.

There's a reason Bridget is bottom-tier. It means he's one of the worst characters in the game. I don't doubt that.

But to say he deserves his own crap tier is pretty exaggerated, IMO. There's a reason he's alongside Johnny & Anji instead of being below them. He may not have the Abare & Damage that they have, but he has far better zoning & movement, which counts for something.

and the last time i playing him i do enjoy zoning and runaway games... it does pissed a lot of my crew :keke:... but when i just ready to kill... where the hell my tension goes!!? :vbang:

BTW 2K is AMAZING. PS: it beats Testy 6K AND it's Low Profile. OMG PS : It's a BADASS opener against Axl.

Jais is making an army of Low Profiling Princesses D:

By the by, 2.k low profiles Millia's j.s. Just thought I'd let you gaiz know :3

Specifically after an instant blocked pin then an Air dash in j.S. It's AMAZING

okay since i like bridget a bit i thought to give him a try although the combos in the 1st post somehow work arent they from slash? so i will need some guidance for the new staff just some basic b&B staff tensioless and 25-50% tension thx

The combo's between slash and AC havent changed, its just that certain properties have been altered on some moves (to account for new mechanics implemented in AC).

hello im new to the guilty gear forums and i need some advice since i play as bridget. Do any of you know good ways to fight Axl players? When i fight him, his long range attacks get really annoying T_T

Back to this thread. When I trip my opponent and FRC it they fall to the floor and i cant combo, but when i video's on bridget and when they trip and frc it they can go into an air combo? Any tips on how to make it work?

Back to this thread. When I trip my opponent and FRC it they fall to the floor and i cant combo, but when i video's on bridget and when they trip and frc it they can go into an air combo? Any tips on how to make it work?

B&B combos

2K 2P 2P 2P 2D

Don't laugh. This combo will knock down at a decent distance for oki and serves as a long, grueling burst bait. You need to land this just once to get a chance at something much more damaging. The 2D can be hit by bursts, but not on reaction to the hit.

2K 5S©(1) 6P 5S©(1) 236K, P

More damaging ground combo that knocks down, but is more of a commitment on block and especially on FD and is very burst-unsafe. Good follow-up to a yo-yo return or Roger Rush that connects on standing opponents.

2K 5S©(1) 6P 5S©(2) 236K, P

Connects only on crouching opponents.

The following combos are typically for maximizing damage at the end of a string, and are less common as level 3 moves into yo-yo return require much stricter yo-yo placement than #R:

With the yo-yo behind a standing opponent, 5S(f), yo-yo return, IAD j.P j.P j.P j.2S, land 5P 2D

There are several variations of the airdash string -- against most of the taller characters, I prefer IAD j.K j.S j.P j.K.

With the yo-yo behind a crouching opponent, 5S(f), 236K (whiff) P

Useful for cornering the opponent.

Deep j.D, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

2D, FRC, 5K, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

2D, 236K, RC, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

Against airdash, 6P 6S jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

Against other jumping attacks, 6P (CH), wait, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

623P, FRC, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

623P, FRC, jump forward j.P j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

Blocked blue burst, Running 5K, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S

... don't 2d too far/too close :)

well even if u 2D up close or far away, u can always get it, its just a matter of how good your execution is. Up close, u do the FRC and then immediately do 5k, 6S...it'll feel sorta like a piano motion, if u understand what that means Far away, u FRC 66 5k...or if u cant get that work, u can do 66 f.s 6s and it'll connect but u may miss some of the hits near the end of the combo (its character specific based on the size of their hitbox)...the deeper you can get in with the dash (buffering the dash within the FRC input yields the best results), the more likely you are to connect the entire combo.

"Deep j.D, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S" I'm having trouble with this one ^^; Sometimes when I land the j.D the character either slips to the other side of Bridget or Bridget doesn't hit the ground in time to hit with 6S. i think that situation is my timing because I can hit them some times but I'm trying to be consistent of course. Another problem is that once I do hit them with 6S my j.S doesn't reach (I just end up hitting them with J.p first) Any tips? edit: the j.D thing is apparently the place where I'm hitting but I'm still having the whole can't 6S in time/j.s won't reach problem. Edit again: oops, necro without noticing o.o

"Deep j.D, 6S, jump forward j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S"

I'm having trouble with this one ^^; Sometimes when I land the j.D the character either slips to the other side of Bridget or Bridget doesn't hit the ground in time to hit with 6S. i think that situation is my timing because I can hit them some times but I'm trying to be consistent of course. Another problem is that once I do hit them with 6S my j.S doesn't reach (I just end up hitting them with J.p first)

Any tips?

edit: the j.D thing is apparently the place where I'm hitting but I'm still having the whole can't 6S in time/j.s won't reach problem.

Couple things.

make sure you do j.D from descending or a roll.

You can jump either up or up forward, depending on the spacing, to land the j.S.

Yea, I caught that and managed the move a few times. Still having some trouble landing the j.S but I'll get over it, thank you ^^ One more thing now that I think about it. It's more basic then specific to Bridget but the strings that involve IAD and then j.k, j.p etc are hard for me. I either hit with two or don't hit at all. Edit: I lied because I'm super hopeless x.x Jump installing o.o which of Bridget's moves do I use to do it?

Yea, I caught that and managed the move a few times. Still having some trouble landing the j.S but I'll get over it, thank you ^^

One more thing now that I think about it. It's more basic then specific to Bridget but the strings that involve IAD and then j.k, j.p etc are hard for me. I either hit with two or don't hit at all.

Edit: I lied because I'm super hopeless x.x Jump installing o.o which of Bridget's moves do I use to do it?

IAD string is easier with just j.P~j.K~j.S~j.K

Jump installing is done off of 6S ( crazy hard, I am inconsistent with it )

c.S~8S~6S the 8 slash comes out as f.S. Easiest one.

2S~8~6S second easiest because you can j.c at any point in the move.

Sign in to follow this