Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Rev

[CSE] Platinum Q&A/FAQ Thread

Didn't know you could 6C > 2C after a FC combo starter, thanks. :)

I'll be using that combo but with 6A > Mami > Opitional 3C > Bubble ender instead of the air combo.

Didn't know you could 6C > 2C after a FC combo starter, thanks. :)

I'll be using that combo but with 6A > Mami > Opitional 3C > Bubble ender instead of the air combo.

yeah, that ender is just for damage output since that's kinda the point of a FC combo. oki is good too though, depends on the situation really.

also what is even the point of TK swallow moon, it seems to just make you vulnerable to me. other than avoiding a few very low lows i don't see any way it'd be helpful

Instant overhead, DP baiter (somewhat) and if your Unlimited Platinum:

FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW JUST FLY AWAY > j.236B

But yeah, if you do it fast enough it becomes useful, and it's mostly used after bubble oki In the corner since it opens 4 options: overhead, barrier, low, grab.

Though I noticed if the opponent forward techs into the bubble, then your kinda' fucked xD

Instant overhead, DP baiter (somewhat) and if your Unlimited Platinum:

FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW JUST FLY AWAY > j.236B

But yeah, if you do it fast enough it becomes useful, and it's mostly used after bubble oki In the corner since it opens 4 options: overhead, barrier, low, grab.

Though I noticed if the opponent forward techs into the bubble, then your kinda' fucked xD

oh, derp. i never even tried to do jumping attacks during it, only j.C and that doesn't work. now i feel dumb :(

Make sure you input the TK as 236787~B you need to go back to 7 to gain the extra Hight needed to hit j.B.

Make sure you input the TK as 236787~B you need to go back to 7 to gain the extra Hight needed to hit j.B.

oh no i worded my post wrong, sorry

i meant that j.C doesn't work but i got j.A and j.B working fine.

Who bounces off the wall from back throw?

Yes-

Ragna

Jin

Rachel

Carl

Arakune

Taokaka

Noel

Makoto

Platinum

No-

Bang

Hakumen

Tsubaki

Hazama

Lambda

Tager

Litchi

Valkenhayn

Mu

-snip-

You should put a space between the first two lines. :3

Did you test all of the ones of who don't wallbounce using dash under 2A as shown in one of Hima's glitch videos to see if it worked on any of them that way?

66 5C usually, unless you're going for Item Install combos. Check my Plat combo video for an example. I forgot the exact notation.

I am having a difficult time with the [bubble > 6C > TK swallow > air C > 2C] like in mission #10 . 2 questions. first can someone help me with getting the timing of the TK input because i always just input the second hit of the 6C instead of canceling into swallow. Secondly, is it even worth learning this because in most videos i watch most players just use the 22C combos instead of this.

another question as well, what is the best way to relaunch after the first 22C because i can do the combo perfectly until after the 22C they always tech out before i can continue the combo

I am having a difficult time with the [bubble > 6C > TK swallow > air C > 2C] like in mission #10 . 2 questions. first can someone help me with getting the timing of the TK input because i always just input the second hit of the 6C instead of canceling into swallow. Secondly, is it even worth learning this because in most videos i watch most players just use the 22C combos instead of this.

That's not a TK Swallow, that's a simple Swallow cancel. That's one of those things that you must absolutely learn if you wanna be competent with Plat; it's the bread of most of her combos. The point where you can can cancel 6C into j.C is also the point where you can special cancel into Swallow, base it off of that.

another question as well, what is the best way to relaunch after the first 22C because i can do the combo perfectly until after the 22C they always tech out before i can continue the combo

You're not timing your 22C right, check the combo thread's first post.

added the not so frequently asked question "Does Platinum have any burst-bait combo options?" derived from my own tech. i suggest taking a look!

Good stuff, Cirno. But you might want to add some information on jump cancelable burst baits.

Like:

5A > j.Barrier

6A > j.Barrier

5C > j.Barrier

6C > dj.Barrier

j.A > dj.Barrier

j.B > dj.Barrier

j.C > dj.Barrier

i considered it, but this is regarding burst-safe combo options (i know i initially wrote burst-bait, improper wording on my part at the time), so i left it out. it's a bit more obvious that anything j.cable is able to be jump cancelled into a block if you see it coming, but burst-safe combo options don't necessarily require you to see it coming, and you also don't lose your combo/pressure in doing so. your point was valid in the case of someone lacking knowledge of this fact, though, so i suppose i'll mention it.

It's worth noting that you don't have to jump cancel 5A in order to bait Bursts. That move is Burst safe and holding back alone will suffice. It gives you more time to punish that way too.

i mentioned that with the 5a whiff example after miracle jeanne. in fact, in that situation, you cannot jump, since you'll get hit with the green burst out of your jump startup... which is a good point to add. i'll do that!

Im kind of new to platinum and this game but I've got an ok feel so far. I only need one more thing before i can play a real match and that's her pressure/blockstrings, what are some of them?

You want to use 5A and 2A as much as possible until they push you out with barrier at which point you can dash back in with 5A and continue that same pressure. You want to delay your 5As from time to time in order to automatically bait and punish mashing as well as jump out attempts. Use TK Swallow and throws as well in order to add mix-up to your pressure. If they block TK Swallow j.B then you can just resume your 5A pressure. You can also jump cancel 5A and 5C and do rising j.2C to reset pressure but that involves a bit more risk.

Example:

5A and 2A x N > Dash > 5A and 2A x N > TK Swallow j.B > 5A and 2A x N

5A and 2A x N > Dash > 5A and 2A x N > 2B > 5C > JC > j.2C > Swallow Moon > j.C > 5A and 2A x N

Conditioning plays a key role in that too, they can just mash 2A/5A/DP(Reversal) out of your TK Swallow Moon mix-up also.