Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Rev

[CSE] Platinum Q&A/FAQ Thread

Is Dramatic Sammy a special type of command grab like Tager's AC, Noel's 214A, or Tao's pounce super?

I'd like to see the frame data of that move to see if it's worth using as a reset or in pressure. It's just that I don't see that move being used all that often, I guess that's because it's easy to telegraph and it probably has quite a bit of recovery.

Yes, Dramatic Sally is a special type of Command Grab, just like Bang's or Noel's. It's used for mix-up,so yeah it's used in pressure.Most people don't really see it coming though since it's seldom used. As far as the frame data, You'd have to wait for it to be posted on the Mook Translation topic just like the rest of us.

Is Dramatic Sammy a special type of command grab like Tager's AC, Noel's 214A, or Tao's pounce super?

I'd like to see the frame data of that move to see if it's worth using as a reset or in pressure. It's just that I don't see that move being used all that often, I guess that's because it's easy to telegraph and it probably has quite a bit of recovery.

On top of what GGJ said, it also restores your items. You can also land it by using Missiles and Bombs to create a a funky tick-throw.

Yes it does, but the ender might not.

the ender can be tect'ed out of so im not so sure if it will work

Cleaned up this thread. Let's keep it to legitimate questions/answers.

Majority of her combos are easy to pick up. Her normals are some of the slowest in the game so when it comes to higher level play it'll come more down to mastering your spacing correctly. Almost all of her midscreen combos will carry someone to the corner which is where she can easily get 5k+ meterless. Her only wakeup option for reversal is the Magical Bat Item. Being she needs her items to control a match well she is very situational in her tools.

She's hard in the fact that she has trouble against most of the cast. Her combos are hella fun to do, but your spacing is crucial and you have to be able to set up good oki and try to make people respect you on their wakeup

I wouldn't say the learning curve is that steep. You just need to know how important your spacing is. That's the biggest tip I could give.

That, and she is amazingly fun to combo with. The curve shouldn't matter with the amount of Troll Platinum Oozes.

To me, I think Platinum is a easy character to learn but yet somewhat hard to use aswell. She has different types of playstyles and not just one playstyle if you know what I mean. You need to think about what Kind of things that you can do with this item and think about what kind of things that you can do with the item after. She is a type of character that you have to put your effort into and you also have to think while you are playing. I don't think she's harder than Carl. But I do think that she is a hard character to use IMO

She's hard in the fact that she has trouble against most of the cast. Her combos are hella fun to do, but your spacing is crucial and you have to be able to set up good oki and try to make people respect you on their wakeup

This. Her combos aren't the problem necessarily. It's how you have to play her that is. Spacing, mixup, oki, and making your opponent respect your mixup. I cannot stress those any further. Her mixup is actually risky cause you're going to be using TK swallow moon, 6B, her JCable normals into stuff j.2C tk swallow moon j.B, etc. Problem is if they mash something out at that point things can go bad for you. Now I see why so many JP plats mash 2a/5a a lot. The things they do are starting to make sense to me. You'd be surprise at how many people are trying to jump/mash during your strings. Do not attempt anything fancy at first. See what kind of opponent you have by simply doing [2a/5a]xn 5b 2b 6b 66 [2a/5a]xn strings, or something like that, to keep them honest. After the little damage combos stack up, cause they got CH while trying to mash, they'll finally decide to just sit still and BLOCK WITHOUT MASHING. That's when your other mixup, tk swallow moon/j.D fan/etc, can start working.

She has trouble getting in, and this is the same reoccuring problem you'll have with the entire cast. This is made worse when you fight haz, lambda, Mu, and carl.

This. Her combos aren't the problem necessarily. It's how you have to play her that is. Spacing, mixup, oki, and making your opponent respect your mixup. I cannot stress those any further. Her mixup is actually risky cause you're going to be using TK swallow moon, 6B, her JCable normals into stuff j.2C tk swallow moon j.B, etc. Problem is if they mash something out at that point things can go bad for you. Now I see why so many JP plats mash 2a/5a a lot. The things they do are starting to make sense to me. You'd be surprise at how many people are trying to jump/mash during your strings. Do not attempt anything fancy at first. See what kind of opponent you have by simply doing [2a/5a]xn 5b 2b 6b 66 [2a/5a]xn strings, or something like that, to keep them honest. After the little damage combos stack up, cause they got CH while trying to mash, they'll finally decide to just sit still and BLOCK WITHOUT MASHING. That's when your other mixup, tk swallow moon/j.D fan/etc, can start working.

She has trouble getting in, and this is the same reoccuring problem you'll have with the entire cast. This is made worse when you fight haz, lambda, Mu, and carl.

Yeah, Rachel too... Pumpkin is so fucking strong again.

plat has less powerful options, but more of them I would say. However she's not a consistent character.

Hiya guys I was wondering if anybody could explain to me how the 6B, 5A link works. I have been trying it in training mode but I thought if I got some insight into the timing or if there is anything specific about it *spacing and such* I could get around to pulling it off.

Does/Has anyone taken/have a picture of all of Platinum's colors? DLC included?

*Kinda how they did with Valk.

I believe it needs to be a counter hit and you need to be pretty close to your opponent for the 5A to connect afterward.

Complete opposite actually. No CH needed and the later the 6B hits, the more time you have to combo. So the further away you are; the better. If you do it at max range you can even get in a dash 5C in there.