Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Rev

[CSE] Platinum Q&A/FAQ Thread

another question. we all know about the TK swallow moon. but isn't as soon as you jump you input the command for swallow moon better? or is that TK'ing. o.o

yeah thanks. i forgot about 5a i just don't like mashing yknow? :/

makoto's mixup game scares the hell outta me. when she goes for her strings then her 5b(her overhead?) i keep getting hit by it...the sad thing is..I KNOW HOW TO GET PASSED IT. i try standing when i'm barrier blocking and for some reason it seems like i can't even move half the time.

I just wait until they commit to something. then i make my move. I don't like being up close with Makoto , so I´ll just zone her out with j.c and items. Also, look at her gatlings. If you know more about them its easier to block her strings.If you think the Makoto you´re facing is autopiloting you can easily block that junk. Don't be afraid to block.

And Hazamas Zaneiga has really long start up so I cant really see the meaning of using it in blockstrings unless you know it will hit because hes mashing something out.

Anyway the key is to react to his chains and what he is doing, not anticipate that he´s gonna charge in, that´s just gonna lead to CH.

I think the difference between TK and just jump and do swallow moon is the inputs?

correct me if im wrong on this.

2367c is tk

8236c is jump up and swallow moon.

You get closer to the ground when you tk. Giving the opponent a smaller window to react.

2369C is TK Swallow Moon. TK is short for tiger knee. It's basically inputting the command for an air move, then an upward directional just before hitting the corresponding button (in this case, C). It results in a very low jump that gets immediately canceled by the move, as the inputs before the jump are still valid. It allows for air-only moves to be done very close to the ground, or for ground-air moves, (like Rags TK Gauntlet Hades, for example, or Mu's Habaya) to have properties that their grounded counterparts don't normally have. TKing is much faster than jumping then inputting a move, because you're doing it all at once instead of trying to jump then input the command as fast as you can afterwards.

Zaneiga is slower than Ressenga, if Ressenga got caught, Zaneiga would be to.

It's a whole two frames slower, which doesn't really seem very siginficant, and it has a very different hitbox. Resenga is immune to foot attribute moves, so if you want to hit it out, you need to use a standing normal (generally) and most of those will go right over Zaneiga's hitbox. =(

You are doing 22C too early.

Get a feel for when you can do it.

Hint: You wanna do it late.

I can't even see the animation of it, no matter at what position I try to do it. Is there any optical characteristic in her animation at the time I should try it?

I can't even see the animation of it, no matter at what position I try to do it. Is there any optical characteristic in her animation at the time I should try it?

You can only do 22C if the opponent was knocked down on the ground during the combo. Because of that, you can't train 6C-22C without any other moves. I, for one, train it like 236C-5C-2C-6C-214C-22C.

22C can only be done after knockdowns. So Hammer, j.frying pan, 3c and mami circular.

Anyways, for me I found the best time to do 6C > 22C is when she's at her maximum height from doing the flip. If you play around with it and mash buttons you'll realize you can cancel into an aerial before then but you cancel into specials only when you're a little higher up. Apart from that just mess around in training mode till you get it.

I simply can't pull off 6C -> 22C, I always end up doing the normal jC move. Can somebody tell me what I do wrong?

For one, you have to make sure that you already used a "knockdown" move before 6C (3C, Heart Car, etc). After that, you have to delay 22C for a bit for it to come out.

To add to the whole TK Swallow thing, you can also do TK Swallows by using the hit-stun of a JC-able move as a buffer and input the Swallow Moon command. It will look like this: 5A/5C > 8236C

6C > 22C is a little tricky, but yeah. There is no real way to explain the timing. I either count like half a second before doing it or for visual reference I wait till platinum is almost done with her little "flip" after the 6C. I wouldn't rely on these though, the best thing to do is to find the right timing and commit it to muscle memory.

Oh, another thing that can mess it up is if you do your bubble too fast, you have to delay the bubble some after 2C. otherwise they won't be low enough to even connect 22C properly..

allright another thing. lemme get this straight.

Bat: Defense Mechanism(Punishes bad strings)

Kitty: Spacing

Pan: Combo Material

Bombs: Oki

Hammer: Shield Busting and the loop

Missiles: Approaching.

am i using these items correctly?

allright another thing. lemme get this straight.

Bat: Defense Mechanism(Punishes bad strings)

Kitty: Spacing

Pan: Combo Material

Bombs: Oki

Hammer: Shield Busting and the loop

Missiles: Approaching.

am i using these items correctly?

just wanted to add that bombs are good for anti airing and that kitty is good for punishing rolls

@Fireryda, Moi_X7,SolarMisae: Thanks for the tips. I realized accidently that 6C->22C won't work, but 234C->6C->22C does, and I get closer to get the combo done right. I really appreciate your help :)

6c - 22c only works after i use mami circular but even that i still get the hit but not the jab because they tech XD

@Fireryda, Moi_X7,SolarMisae: Thanks for the tips. I realized accidently that 6C->22C won't work, but 234C->6C->22C does, and I get closer to get the combo done right. I really appreciate your help :)

Uuh, no problem.

Did my post turn invisible again or something?

Speaking of 6C-22C, which opponent has the most strict timing for it? I guess that it's easy to do on someone like Tager, while Carl is much harder to hit with that. Basically, who is the best training dummy to train it on?

They have different timing? they all get hit by it the same to me.

I'd like to note that doing something like 6A>236B>6C>22C has a different timing then doing it from 2C>214C>6C>22C.

Oh and I am not sure but midscreen from 2C I managed to land 214A on some characters because 214C whiffs.

I am not sure if I can do 214B instead midscreen.

Not sure if it's been asked already might have skipped it by accident, can somebody how to do her :

Sally > j.B>j.C>J.B>J.C

I can't see any form of SJC when I look, but people do it cleanly, and when I try an SJC I whiff the second j.B.

Tips?

I was wondering, which way to end the corner combo after Dream Sally is better?

Sally > Air combo

or

Sally > 6C > 22C?

6C>22C is always better, the only reason you can't always do it is because of proration.

Not sure if it's been asked already might have skipped it by accident, can somebody how to do her :

Sally > j.B>j.C>J.B>J.C

I can't see any form of SJC when I look, but people do it cleanly, and when I try an SJC I whiff the second j.B.

Tips?

Delay the sally, do it with the same delay as you would when you try to go for 6C>22C.

That's how I do it of course I always super jump to do it.

Oh also you have to super jump to make it work off sally other wise you will end up doing j.B>j.C>jc>j.C or just misss the air combo.

i been doing the 3C - Dream Sally for Okizeme since keeping your opponents in the corner is crucial. i hate ending combos with the pogo they tech before i land on the floor.

You can always do 6C>22C>5C>6A>heartcar>3C instead.

That way you get to do the 400 damage 22C always do and get oki.

yeah i like that one alot more. the one i do has alot of proration in it. standing magic series - mami circular - 6a(i love this move) - 5c - mami circular again - 3c - dream sally.