Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yggjrasil

[CSE] Platinum Critique Thread

For one, don't practice the 6A > 22C > stuff link using 3C > 22C rapid, it doesn't work.

What you do there is 3C > 22C > RC > 66 2C > Bubble > 6C > 22C > 66 5C > 6A > 236B

Only practice 6A > 22C in the corner as it doesn't work mid-screen.

Alright thanks Moy, however about what i was doing someone showed me this, i find this pretty cool, but i will go practice 6A>22C right now.

Well not using that particular combo but at least you got it to combo correctly lol.

Try j.C > 5C > 236B > 66 5C > 2C > Delayed 214C > 6C > 22C > 6A > 22C > 5C > 6A > 236B

So are you actually looking for critique or are you just feeling yourself? lol

If it's the former, seems like good, standard Plat play to me. Not finishing your combos just to troll the poor old Jin player lol.

I haven't Plat match videos in a minute, so I'll bite too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLcRrGFbZMk

nah,just testing out my camera. I never used it till today. I say it works fine.Was kinda worried that I was only gonna get like a short clip or somethin'. Plus these youngin's gotta be brought to the promiseland. They gon learn today!

edit: that was impressive, both you and errol gave quite a perfomance!

Yeah, the quality is pretty good. I recommend that you set the camera on a hard surface so that you don't have to hold it and to prevent shaky footage. That's only if you plan on using that camera for future uploads.

You can tryout to get a dazzle just like me if you looking to record some of your matchs. a dazzle cost 60$ around.

I'll try placing my phone in a cup for now. Cupcam is the best camera. Ask severin. He knows all about that. :x

I was actually gonna suggest that lol. Jewelry boxes work too.

I'm between a dazzle or a cup/box/whathaveyou cam myself.

I have two TV's in my room.

The ginormous tv is fucking huge, but has bad colors, but the other tv has better color and is right besides my bed.

I need a new tv.

Moy, what do you use for video capture?

lol, I hear that dilemma.

My 50 inch Bravia is setup so that I can just lay down on my bed and play games. My ASUS doubles as my desktop screen and fighting game screen. So if I'm feeling extremely lazy and just wanna lay down on my bed and play games, I can't play fighting games on that behemoth because of input lag.

I use an ATI TV Wonder card. Originally, I just used that thing to watch TV on my desktop screen when I was ultra poverty tier. Then I found out that I could record stuff with it and was like "sweet". I think I accidentally found out that I could do that lol.

Hey guys, I've been lurking the boards and practicing online/against friends to improve my Plat. It's way easier for me to learn from watching other people's videos or from people directly telling me what I'm doing right/wrong as so I'd really appreciate any input. I'm not sure if I'm at a level yet where I can give other people tips since I'm still pretty new, but I figure I have to start somewhere.

Also, hello Plat boards :D I think this is my first time posting in here but it seems pretty chill. Been finding a lot of useful stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuEb0MzCEgc

I can post more if needed because I literally just figured out how to capture game footage and took this as a victory lol

Hey guys, I've been lurking the boards and practicing online/against friends to improve my Plat. It's way easier for me to learn from watching other people's videos or from people directly telling me what I'm doing right/wrong as so I'd really appreciate any input. I'm not sure if I'm at a level yet where I can give other people tips since I'm still pretty new, but I figure I have to start somewhere.

Also, hello Plat boards :D I think this is my first time posting in here but it seems pretty chill. Been finding a lot of useful stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuEb0MzCEgc

I can post more if needed because I literally just figured out how to capture game footage and took this as a victory lol

Starting from the beginning, and I'll even timestamp for you. Don't play english VA platinum.

First off at the beginning, 9J.C is a valid tactic against tager in the beginning of the match. More often than not, I have gotten CH.

But if you're going to do that, I'd suggest cancelling it into item get from there or continue pressure. Your first item was cat hammer, that should've been the first thing you secured if not your own safety first. You shouldn't have double jumped, or if you did had done J.B inste

@24seconds NEVER run right at tager. Space him out with 5B, 3B and sometimes 2B if you can't shoot him with an item. You'll get fucking 360A'd and gadget finger'd.

@26seconds you had a hit confirm into mami into a full combo, but for whatever reason you decided to 6C. Don't do that.

@34seconds DO NOT RANDOM MAMI ON TAGER

@40seconds after 22C, do 5C 6A mami instead of 5A6A more damage, more meter.

@42seconds You ended in 22C and gave u@p Oki which is VERY important in this match-up since he becomes your bitch on 3C > bubble Tk swallow. In TK swallow moon you're considered airborne, so he can't wake up 360/720 you and he has to guess.

@46seconds Never just walk right up to tager.

@ 1minutes 30seconds You threw out Hammer, but took pan when missiles was next. Pan is good for when you think tager will be churning 360 and you Instant overhead, but that's really it besides combos in the tager match-up. You were better off with missiles to bait out Sledges.

@1minute 42seconds You get grabbed because you messed up a easy confirm. Practice, practice, practice amigo

You have a lot to work on and to be honest, the Tager could've killed you in so many places. Your goal in that match-up is just not to get grabbed. Out space him, bait stupid sledges and punish with 3C and for fuck's sake try not to get hit with 2D since that opens up a world of pain for you. If you manage to get pressure make sure to always make it safe so he can't just toss you out of it.

Starting from the beginning, and I'll even timestamp for you. Don't play english VA platinum.

Waaah h8r

First off at the beginning, 9J.C is a valid tactic against tager in the beginning of the match. More often than not, I have gotten CH. But if you're going to do that, I'd suggest cancelling it into item get from there or continue pressure. Your first item was cat hammer, that should've been the first thing you secured if not your own safety first. You shouldn't have double jumped, or if you did had done J.B inste

Thanks. It's worked for me before so I'm glad it's not just a luck thing, lol. My followup was awful haha so I'll try those instead.

@24seconds NEVER run right at tager. Space him out with 5B, 3B and sometimes 2B if you can't shoot him with an item. You'll get fucking 360A'd and gadget finger'd.

Yeah, I find it odd with Tager because I feel like I need to pressure him but I know if I'm too close I'm at such huge risk. Is there like a balance of keep away and being in his face? Or like a general rule of thumb or does it really depend on what item I have coming up?

@26seconds you had a hit confirm into mami into a full combo, but for whatever reason you decided to 6C. Don't do that.

That was me just flat out

fuck

ing up an input. I felt terrible. Point noted.

@34seconds DO NOT RANDOM MAMI ON TAGER

I know :< Trust me, I hate myself when I do it. Worst habit.

@40seconds after 22C, do 5C 6A mami instead of 5A6A more damage, more meter.

Hm, I'll check that out. Thanks!

@42seconds You ended in 22C and gave u@p Oki which is VERY important in this match-up since he becomes your bitch on 3C > bubble Tk swallow. In TK swallow moon you're considered airborne, so he can't wake up 360/720 you and he has to guess.

TK swallow moon is something I really need to better understand/execute in general. Very cool tip! Didn't even think about that on wakeup. Smart.

@46seconds Never just walk right up to tager.

Haha, got it.

@ 1minutes 30seconds You threw out Hammer, but took pan when missiles was next. Pan is good for when you think tager will be churning 360 and you Instant overhead, but that's really it besides combos in the tager match-up. You were better off with missiles to bait out Sledges.

Right, right. Word.

@1minute 42seconds You get grabbed because you messed up a easy confirm. Practice, practice, practice amigo

Indeed >_< I'll follow Plat's advice and "please try harder".

You have a lot to work on and to be honest, the Tager could've killed you in so many places. Your goal in that match-up is just not to get grabbed. Out space him, bait stupid sledges and punish with 3C and for fuck's sake try not to get hit with 2D since that opens up a world of pain for you. If you manage to get pressure make sure to always make it safe so he can't just toss you out of it.

For sure. He's new to the game as well and as mentioned I'm still trying to break into it so all the criticism is very much appreciated. I'll take note of all that was said and keep workin' on it. Thanks again for the write-up!

Also, you're from PA too? I don't wanna get off topic so maybe just message me the answer or whatever, but where do you usually go to play? There's like no where that I know of for me to go around here, lol.