Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yggjrasil

[CSE] Platinum Critique Thread

You can post in this thread now. ~Cirno

Well, pretty much till she comes out, this thread serves no purpose. BUT when she does come out, post videos of yourself playing Platinum and as a helpful community of fellow Platinum players,we'll be here to comment your performance and tell you where you need improvement and please no bashing on each other. These forums were made by civil people I want to keep it that way. Simple right? Also, If you're like me, you learn match-ups better by watching them and experiencing them yourself and trying to see what you should do and what bad habits you need to break if you have any. Alright,lets pop the bubbles and get things rolling along!

Thread back open. Likely won't get much love until the 1.03 patch drops, but I don't see an issue with opening it a bit early.

If anyone needs assistance in getting a match recorded and uploaded feel free to contact me. I can record for PS3. Just provide me with your PSN ID and the ranked position you are so I can find the replay. If you aren't a ranked player we can work out scheduling a lobby and I'll record your match/es live. All matches will be recorded in 720p HD. I have a 35mb/35mb connection so won't be a issue on where you live for me to spectate the room and record (or even host if you prefer). So if any of you Loli Heart Car Pilots want help hit me up. :3

Ok, I played against taokaka many times today and I finally know what to do against that stupid cat girl. It took me ages to figure out how to beat her. Now, I need to know how to beat Lambda :vbang:. Although, I do feel that my Platinum has improved. I just need more Characters experience for certain characters.

You say "self improvement"

Ok

Well i play with a xbox controller any help here?

Buy a stick, and posting a video of yourself playing would help too...

Okay, I've decided that later today, I will be streaming some bbcs2 on: www.justin.tv/finestko

I'll be grinding Platinum matches, so maybe some of you can come in and help me. I think I'll start at around... I dunno 6pm PST?

My Platinum needs a lot of work and I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to play a set or two with me to point out exactly what I should be doing and what I need to work on. I'm available after 5:00 PM on weekdays and pretty much all day on weekends.

I have a capture card so recording matches won't be a problem.

My Platinum needs a lot of work and I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to play a set or two with me to point out exactly what I should be doing and what I need to work on. I'm available after 5:00 PM on weekdays and pretty much all day on weekends.

I have a capture card so recording matches won't be a problem.

Record your daily matches and put them into playlist, that way we can take a look at them and you won't have to wait for us to fight you.

Ok folks, here some vids of my platinum at a tournament.

Vs Noel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB-l2zeGo6k&feature=related

Vs Valk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRY4me0i00s

There are some things that I need to work like when to use my anti airs and other things but just tell me what you think of it and tell me what things that I need to improve in.

Thanks Alot In Advance.

Ok folks, here some vids of my platinum at a tournament.

Vs Noel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB-l2zeGo6k&feature=related

Vs Valk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRY4me0i00s

There are some things that I need to work like when to use my anti airs and other things but just tell me what you think of it and tell me what things that I need to improve in.

Thanks Alot In Advance.

Alright obviously this is just my opinion, however I felt that your mixup was too predictable, you liked to do most of your instant overheads and mixup off 5c which gave your opponents a spot to look for whether to block high or low. You could try using tk swallow moon more, I know its risky but good players will know not to mash and will show some respect so you can get it in, just don't do it all the time. I saw you throwing away hammer more often than not, in my opinion that's a bad move since glide throw to me is an incredibly valuable asset. You make good use of your items that you keep, keep it up. your neutral game needs some work, but that will come naturally with playing the character. The only thing I have to say specifically is in the second round of the last match, when you caught that valk with jd and hit with 5c afterwards, you could have gone straight into hammer loop, it works midscreen (i've done it, land a jd with hammer midscreen with 50 meter you RC that shit for 4-5k) its just strict on spacing and timing. It's also character dependent as I found out the hard way... forget if it works on valk or not, if not then ignore this, haven't tested everything on the whole cast yet.

Ive been playing Loli for about three weeks now. Used to hazama only but platinum is just too much fun!

Got some casuals captured a few days ago. Please let me know how to step my game up and what i need to improve. Anything at all will be much apreciated : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1atVV3fv-A&feature=feedu vs. Tsubaki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmwrIxk40s&feature=feedu vs. Arakune

I´ll be back later on with more so you guys can check on my progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqaBj_JC0OM&feature=player_profilepage#t=153s

Here is my shitty plat playing shitty and winning anyways.

I'm agreeing with everyone else, J.2C > Sallow Moon > 5C is god tier. It seems to me that no one really uses TK Sallow Moon, though I guess it's not the easiest thing to hit :(

Btw, you sound a bit like Pisces Albafica :P

Okay, now that Dustloop is back, I can finally post my misery with Platinum from a tournament I went to last week. Here is the stream, and you better mute the sound if you're not a fan of Engrish:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15887391

I'm fighting a Jin on the 43 minute mark, and I think there was another random fight with someone else a bit later, but I can't find it right now. If you can, you may comment on it, too.

Things I took notes for myself already:

Learn proper anti-air spacing

Learn Swallow Moon TK (when exactly are you supposed to do it in a blockstring, anyways?)

Do 22C-RC-5C-236B (I'm doing 5B instead of 5C for some reason)

Learn pan combos

STOP SPAMMING HEART CARS JESUS CHRIST

Do IADs

Do Cure Dot Typhoons

Learn some burst baits, maybe?

Okay, that's pretty much everything that can be bad about playing Platinum, but I still may have missed something.

POINTLESS! Lol, good stuff.

Theres not really a 100% the best place to TK Swallow Moon, just use it mostly when the opponent doesn't expect it and don't do too often in the same place in the same string. Most people use it after corner bubble oki as well.

IMO, 3C > 22C > RC > Dash 2C.... stuff to be better, though it can be harder to hit.

Yeah, I unestermated pan in till a few weeks ago. You can do like 5k+ midscreen to corner while using pan and it has good corner carry, etc.

Most people seem to burst during Mami Circular to the corner (Especially characters like Lambda), so I think a good burst bait is Mami > RC > Barrier [They Burst] > 5C/Mami

Good game, I don't play many Jins so I can't give you much other advise then you already said :)

@POINTLESS: I think it was me who said that, I was commenting a couple of matches, trying my hardest to speak some good-sounding English. Judging by my friends' reaction, I was one of the two better-sounding speakers there, even though I'm not so sure about that, myself.

I remember that people often burst after I land a good 22C in the corner or when I start my hammer loop, but I guess there's no way to properly block bursts there. I should just make as many high-damage combos as possible, I guess, so they leave the burst for combos that are guaranteed to kill them.

I'm going to play much more often this Summer, maybe even with more stream records. I almost got a good streak of games with Ragna recorded, but no luck with that.

A good way to burst baits for someone who's almost dead is by grabbing them near a corner. Use 5C after the grab, Jump Barrier Cancel it, do not commit to the combo. Most likely the opponent will burst,you'll IB it and since they're vulnerable and airborne you get a free reset to kill them. I used this method for both Ragna and Plat and seems to work extremely well. If they don't burst you're relatively safe, you JC'd you can continue pressuring or you can back off.

May have been asked in many threads before, but havent seen a post during fast skim.

How does one get Bubble > 6C > Pogo?

I've tried 6C> 236A and 6C > 22C but I can't connect with anything.