Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Combo Guide and Discussion

Hey u guys i wanna main this loli but i still need a "fightpad" !(◎_◎;) i need some general direction on where to find some and which is suited for this character help plox!

Plat seems to get much of her mixup after a blocked 5c (5aa5c blocked or so), and if you do 5c(blocked) 3c, you can o-s 22c214b, if 5c or 3c hits you get a 22c out that you can RC for 5k or so in the corner, on block you get a 214b so you can continue pressure. This works with 214d as well.

Actually just o-sing 22c any time you do 3c and have the bar seems like a good idea since 3c 22c RC 2c 236 stuff corner carries even from starting position (into 4.5k + oki or 5k or so with pogogogogoggogogo)

3c 22c RC confirm is dead-easy since the 22c only comes out on hit, so seems like a good tool to me.

Hey u guys i wanna main this loli but i still need a "fightpad" !(◎_◎;) i need some general direction on where to find some and which is suited for this character help plox!

fightpad? You mean like an arcade stick?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8669-Arcade-Stick-vs-Controller

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11110-Q-amp-A-about-Joystick-Building-Parts-and-Purchasing

I've not extensively looked through the thread, but I'm trying to get a rapid combo to work, I was hoping someone could try it for me with the results...

*please excuse the kinda crappy terminology*

Requirements: Magical Pow Hammer, Midscreen (near'ish to a corner)

5B, 5C, 3C, 22C, RC, 66, 2C, 236B, 66, 5C, 2C, 214C, 5D, Hammer Loop

I got the hammer loop in once, doing 4249 damage, but I don't know how long it can be extended for.

Sorry if I'm probably posting old combos.

I've not extensively looked through the thread, but I'm trying to get a rapid combo to work, I was hoping someone could try it for me with the results...

*please excuse the kinda crappy terminology*

Requirements: Magical Pow Hammer, Midscreen (near'ish to a corner)

5B, 5C, 3C, 22C, RC, 66, 2C, 236B, 66, 5C, 2C, 214C, 5D, Hammer Loop

I got the hammer loop in once, doing 4249 damage, but I don't know how long it can be extended for.

Sorry if I'm probably posting old combos.

With the Hammer Loop hitting twice at the end (sj5C, dj5C, 5D, 5C, sj5B, j5C, dj5C, 5D), you get the following from the above combo...

4882 Damage, 44-46 heat Gain (can't remember exactly, Requires 50 Heat

Using this as a 100 heat combo, I managed to get 6220 Damage ending the hammer loop with a 5C, DD.

I don't know if this is a practical combo, but hopefully I managed to contribute... provided this isn't an old combo xD

My apologies if this has been answered already, but I didn't see anything via a quick skim.

I'm having trouble with Plat's Challenge #5/ 3c > 22c in general: Bang techs like 60% of the time before before my 22c hits. Do I just need to do the 22c faster or am I missing something here?

You need to do the input very fast, trust me. It takes time but keep practising that move and it'll become second instinct.

After 3C, your best bet is almost always a 22C, once you master that, midscreen rapid combos can become really useful.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but..

I was just messing around in versus mode against Ragna, and after you did the Dream Sally in the corner for your air combo, if you do a grab after your first 5c in the air, it'll knock him back down into the corner, then I did the distortion where she does a tornado (forgot the proper name for it) right when I hit the ground and it landed for like 6.3k lol

Midcombo grabs aren't combos. -_-

A better bubble combo in the corner that I think would work on everyone is:

(bubble hit)

5c 236b, 5c 6a, 6c, 22c, 5c, 6a, 236b (hits late frames), into bubble oki or w/e, you have a LOT of time after 5c 6a dolphin enders.

3862 dmg, 33 heat (2 from bubble hit)

If you have someone in bubble in the corner you can have better damage from a 6C or 2C starter. Also bubble oki is more like a half good oki at best.

Bubble OKI:

214A

Full Time Wakeup = MISS (Can follow up with OTG)

Forward = MISS

Backward = OKI

Slow Neutral = OKI

Quick Neutral = MISS

214B

Forward = MISS (Bubble goes behind making you safe from counter)

Backward = OKI

Slow Neutral = OKI

Quick Neutral = MISS

214C

Forward = MISS (Bubble is above head making you safe only from air)

Backward = MISS

Slow Neutral = OKI

Quick Neutral = MISS

Would somebody mind testing this out for me? 5C > 5D (Missile) > Dash > 3C > 214D > First Missile Hits > 236B > Second Missile Hits > and then either 6C > j.236C > j.C > 6A > 236B or instead 6C > j.236C > j.C > 5C > Air Combo 1.

I was just playing around with a variation of that, and this is what I got out of it.

To be able to do: 3C > 214D > First Missile Hits > 236B > Second Missile Hits, you have to hit the 3C from a bit of a distance away from the opponent so that only the first missile hits. If you're too close, the second will also hit.

This is the best I could muster out of this meterless:

(Missile Active) 5C > 5D > 66 > 3C > 214D > First Missile Hits > 236B > Second Missile Hits > 66 > 5C > j.C > dj.B > dj.C > dj.236AXXX (4051 Damage, 38 Heat)

Of course, I could do:

(Missile Active) 5C > 5D > 66 > 3C > 214D > First Missile Hits > 236B > Second Missile Hits > 66 > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C > dj.236AXXX, for 4087 Damage and 38 Heat, but I find it much harder to land, and therefore not worth it for the little amount of damage you gain IMO.

So yeah. That's what I got out of it. I'm sure some of you guys can find a better followup to the missiles. :)

Couldn't get this to work on Tager, btw. Both of the 214D-missiles hit at once. Might be my timing that's off, though.

I like that Platinum has such a diverse arsenal of combos. :kitty:

Nice, already listed better on the previous page.

But that only works if you're close enough to the corner.

But that only works if you're close enough to the corner.

Actually it works midscreen at match start distance. I stated that clearly.

Actually it works midscreen at match start distance. I stated that clearly.

Yeah. But it doesn't work from anywhere. As you said, it works from midscreen. But still not anywhere.

I'm going to use the combos you posted, but the one I posted can be used if you're stuck in the corner, for example.

A better bubble combo in the corner that I think would work on everyone is:

(bubble hit)

5c 236b, 5c 6a, 6c, 22c, 5c, 6a, 236b (hits late frames), into bubble oki or w/e, you have a LOT of time after 5c 6a dolphin enders.

3862 dmg, 33 heat (2 from bubble hit)

Or how about:

66 > 5C > 2C > 66 > 5C > 236B > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 2C > sjc Air Combo 1 (4478 damage, 39 heat)

You can actually replace the second 5C with 2C for (4551 damage, 40 heat), but it's pretty strict. Doing 5C > 2C will also work on some characters with lower mid-air hitboxes and do (4674 damage, 43 heat). All of them have worse oki, though, and it only works on grounded opponents. Doing 236B after the first 2C allows it to work on aerial opponents usually.

I tested 5C>2C on psp awhile back. Was in my huge list of normal ground links.

Ah, sorry; missed that. Then:

6C > j.236C > j.C > 66 > 2C > 236B > 6C > j.236C > j.C > 2C > 66 > 2C > sjc Air Combo 1 (4622 damage, 46 heat)

Thought I posted it but guess not. I tested 5C>2C on psp awhile back:

Dash Required:

Noel, Litchi, Lambda, Hazama, Tsubaki, Bang, Arakune, Carl, Rachel, Jin, Valkenhayn

Standing:

Ragna, Tager, Hakumen

Doesn't Work:

Taokaka, Mu, Makoto, Platinum

Edit: yea I did post it. Was in my huge list of normal ground links.

Is the Hammer Loop + Variants the only reliable way to combo into Cure Dot Typhoon(when it's worth it?) I can't figure out much else that goes into it, and if I have the meter I'd like to spend it on possibly extra damage if there's something else and I don't have a Hammer.

Meter seems better spent on Rapid Cancels and Dead Angles rather than Cure Dot Typhoon (maybe her power up super might be useful in certain situations). Dead angles are especially useful since she doesn't have any get off me moves unless you have bat. Rapid cancels let you go into good damage off of OS 3C. I find OS 3C xx 22C troublesome though because it is pretty unsafe if someone IBs it; especially someone like Hazama who can hit you hard if he does punish it. However, because of the simple fact that a lot of people love to chicken block after a string makes it a good option and the fact that you can take to the air after a blocked 5C makes it even nicer.

You can be safer with 3C xx bubble, but on hit you only get some (not so) oki and measely damage. If you really think you are going to get punished after an OS 3C i guess you can always just rapid the 3C, but then they get pressure and you have no escape tool. It is a definitely a high risk/high reward move, but certain options make taking the risk much more viable.

find OS 3C xx 22C troublesome though because it is pretty unsafe if someone IBs it; especially someone like Hazama who can hit you hard if he does punish it. However, because of the simple fact that a lot of people love to chicken block after a string makes it a good option and the fact that you can take to the air after a blocked 5C makes it even nicer.

By OS 3c xx 22c, you mean:

inputting 22c regardless of 3c hits, so if it does hit, 22c, comes out, correct?

Or are you saying there is an option-select that exists that allows 3c to come out if something else whiffs? If it is the latter, then I am really interested to know what it is for pressure purposes.

Also, I'm having some trouble linking 6c -> 22c (the aerial version) in combos.

For example, 5c 236b (corner), 5c, 2c, bubble, backup (how much?) 6c, 22c (I whiff 22c here). Um, what do I do?

6C 22C is easy and in some cases you don't have to walk back. (In my experience.)

Just take a step back and do 6C and delay the 22C, you want to make the last part of 22C hit.

Now I found doing 2C>22C to be a problem but I am figuring that out too.

By OS 3c xx 22c, you mean:

inputting 22c regardless of 3c hits, so if it does hit, 22c, comes out, correct?

Yes.

It's a nice OS, but 3C blocked on its own isn't amazing. I usually just go for it if i see someone jumping out of my mixups and strings a lot.