Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

How long did it take -you- to get proficient with your main?

It took me a long time to get good with Ragna, like around six months since CT release. BB is my first serious 2D fighting game, I used to play Tekken before that (now I can't stand playing it, 2D is where it's at), so I had to learn how movement works in this game, as well as gatlings (revolvers?), game mechanics, execution of inputs, and combos. I'm pretty good now, I think, just need some more match-up experience with some characters, and maybe improve my execution more for the more difficult stuff, like doing the 22C, dash 5b link consistently.

It took me about two months to get "OK" with Nu. A lot longer than that just to become "not bad" with /\ (I've got my zoning to a point that I am satisfied with, but I still have trouble timing gravity to get out of pressure and using 6A to anti-air). It took me only one day to learn how play Tager passably, because he is super easy-mode. Actually my Tager is probably loads better than my /\ at this point, so my Sub is actually more of a threat than my Main.

I learned v13 in I think to quote deci "3 hours" I practice Mu still, and probably have 70 something hours logged in training mode with her.

CT was my first competitive fighter, screwed around with Jin for a long time learning tiny combos (no BNBs or anything), mostly the game mechanics. After a while I picked up Hakumen, realized he was everything I wanted in a character and suited my playstyle perfectly, and continued learning the game mechanics while learning tiny combos with him for maybe like, 8 hours a week or something. That dropped off after a while though, until CS was released. I guess that's when I really started learning him competitively. To be honest I still wouldn't label myself as proficient with him though. So I guess 2 years (as of like, 4 days ago I think) on and off, ongoing.

Well since i am still not proficient with my main its safe to say more than 2 years, though in my defense i spent bout 6 months of those 2 years in university. Oh btw my main is bang. Yes its taken me 2 years to become proficient with bang shishigami. Real talk though, his combos were a pain since all his normals have command versions of themselves(unlike sf4 which i was coming off) took me a long as time to get used to running up and just hitting the button with no other directional input.

ct

rachel - 1 week

litchi - never mastered unfortunately

cs

rachel - few extra days to learn new shit

litchi - 1 hour (tsk, tsk litchi...)

tsubaki - 10 FUCKING MINUTES.

Mu - 1 month (essentially ct litchi with zoning)

hazama - played zidane and 'magically' learned all of him one day lol.

ct

nu- a week

rachel- a week

litchi- a week

tao- a week

cs

litchi- a day

rachel- a day

lambda- a day

mu- an hour

jin-a couple hours

tao- a week

arakune- a day

Took me about 8 months to place 5th at Final Round 2009 in blazblue with Carl. So there you go. (this is CS1)

I've been playing hazama for 4 months....we'll have to see what happens at final round.

Because Blazblue was my first fighting game to be competetive at, I was basically learning my main, Noel, and the fighting game 101 at the same time. Granted, this caused my Blazblue training to drag on for AWHILE.

CT:

Noel- For the 8 months of going to the arcade to learn this character, I still never mastered her. I could only do the simple drive BnB and air combo ONLY WHEN MY CHARACTER WAS FACING LEFT.

Rachel- About 1 day for her basics. I was more experienced at this point and had my cousin train me on using his own character.

CS:

Noel- Still working on it tbh. I can definitly say I'm much better at CS Noel than CT, but her advance combos are still boggling me.

Rachel- Less than a day for her basics. Honestly I feel she's alot simpler than her CT counterpart, but that's just me. Also, watching and playing against Jason D. helps this.

Fighting Game 101: Still in training :)

CT and CS:

Ragna(CT + CS) - 4 months total and still counting. Learning all the matchups and other stuff.

Jin(CT) - 1 month to learn all his stuff and some combos.

Makoto - 2 weeks to learn her basic stuff and some combos.

CT Tager - About 6 months (starting from console release) to stop doing super stupid stuff all the time. Hovered at (below?) average skill up to the release of CS. First serious fighter.

CS Tager - Less than a day to learn not to drop new combos. A week to get decent. Still, always looking to improve.

CS Mu - A couple weeks for basics + zoning. Her combos just really clicked with me for some reason. Except 6A>6B juggle :vbang: Still learning otherwise

Proficient but by no means good. Not yet anyways.

I'm ok as Ragna, but to master him... It may take a while at my rate, and this is on CT the first fighting game I actuely wanted to play, I'm not too fond of fighters that are not sprite based. XD

. . .I'm not too fond of fighters that are not sprite based. XD

Lol, I think I'm the same ^^ SFIV never really appealed to me and I simply don't care for Tekken.

I'm playing Tager since CT came out and I'm certainly not free-I still lose to way better players but never without a fight.

I learned j.214B# with Hazama in a day (which was misleading, because he took much longer after that)

Tager was never easy but meh...

Valkenhayn ended up being far easier comparatively, hence my new main :D

Played for over a full year and I'm still learning so much about Tao. Watching Tsujikawa vids has really been helping me out.

CT:

Rachel- Quite some time. Probably like 3 months, though I was new to BB/GG

Litchi- A month. Once I got her combos down everything fell into place well.

Nu- A day. Lol nu.

CS:

Rachel- A couple days to learn new stuff/adapt. Took a week for lvl 3 j2c combos though.

Lambda- About two weeks I think. Playing the character felt natural to me, it just took a little time to get the tk loop/midscreen tks down. Also to learn matchups with hazama (now one of my favorites) bang and tao.

Arakune- New main.I've been playing him for a week and I'm pretty proficient. Got all his loops down, pretty good pre-curse. Got his technical stuff learned. I just need to learn the lambda matchup in greater depth.

I'm not even sure if im sufficient enough with Bang. He's the only one I play and the only one I like. I win MOST of the time in general but does that mean anything? Not really. I need to find a way to hit up CA for a tourney some time.

Arakune- New main.I've been playing him for a week and I'm pretty proficient. Got all his loops down, pretty good pre-curse. Got his technical stuff learned. I just need to learn the lambda matchup in greater depth.

j.4 xN.

Or IAD > 4A+B xN.

Arakune vs Lambda - Block like your life depended slightly more on it than it actually does. Don't get hit by random 6D swords.

Can't say if I ever got proficient with Lambda. Never gonna live up to my own standards.