Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

Umineko Fighter [Ougon Musou Kyoku]

We have a chat room set up, if you would like to idle/talk/netplay. You can join #ougon located at irc.psigenix.net. psigenix chat is mostly dead. rizon chat is dead. you can try #umineko @ irc.mizuumi.net for players.

There is also a Hamachi network for those who can't host on their own. Hamachi also stabilizes the network, and disconnects infinitely less often than manual hosting.

Network: DLOugon | Alt Network: DLOugonAlt | AltNet2: DLOugon2 | AltNet3: DLOugon2Alt

Password for all: dustloop

ps: wiki's here

GD_SS07.jpg

More screenshots, OP, gameplay video, and information here. If you can translate some of the information on that page, that might give us some gameplay details.

Personally I'm hyped as all hell, since I've been wanting an Umineko fighting game since the second episode. Sure, there's not much to go on, but from the screenshots I'm seeing fullscreen beam supers and 14 hit combos, assists (tag-in's?), "Break Limits" (stun? bursting?).. looks like it'll be something to look out for, anyway.

Characters: (// Ability)

Battler // Resurrection

Beatrice // InfinitySP

Kanon // SilentAttack

Shannon // AutoGuard

Ronove // CounterBoost

Virgilia // Brimful

Eva-Beatrice // Berserk

Ange // StunBoost

Lucifer // AttackTouch

Siesta 410 // BreakBoost

Movelist translations can be found here.

From R07:

The word is finally out.

Today, I'd like to talk about Ougon Musou Kyoku, the centerpiece of it all.

We've been working on this one for a pretty long time now.

We always wanted to make a fighting game some day! So we had a dream, we had the help of many people we will be forever indebted to, and we had a work to put all our effort in.

Actually, the reason we started working of this is because of our talks with BT-san.

(And it's a great pain that he couldn't make it to this day...)

And, after all these years, all these people put so much effort into this.

Netplay, full-voiced. Many tricks we wanted to include in the system, etc. etc.

Anyways, there are tons of combos and ボコスカ (?), so we think we've done a splendid job.

There are also some "Umineko-like" mechanics which can only be seen in Ougon Musou Kyoku, so make sure to enjoy them, too.

For more details on the game, make sure to check out "Ougon Musou Kyoku" website, which is already open to the public.

Has anyone else seen the new system section on the webpage? There's some stuff that I don't think we had seen before. I'll do a list of the important things there.

General stuff

-Game uses 3 attack buttons, one Touch button, and an Appeal button (seems to be a taunt).

-Doing an Appeal slightly recovers HP.

-There are 3 lifebars and no second round, so if you get KO'd that's it.

-Press all attack buttons to activate the metaworld.

-You can dash cancel, tech throws, and tech your falls.

Touch

-Switches characters and reduces your Break Gauge and stun.

-There are 5 kinds of Touching.

-Normal Touch: The active character taunts and switches with his/her partner. Activates the ability of the character that tagged out and costs no SP.

-Attack Touch: Touch during an attack, and your partner comes in with an attack to continue attacking. No SP needed.

-Guard Touch: Touch while guarding to switch characters while blocking. Uses 1 SP.

-Damage Touch: Touch while getting hit to break the combo, send the opponent flying back to the other side of the screen and switch characters. Uses 2 SP.

-Assault Touch: Qcf+Touch to do an invincible "tackle" that switches characters and knocks down the opponent. Uses 2 SP.

Meta World (if any of the names sound weird blame Google)

-As said before, it's activated by pressing all attack buttons.

-Activates both of your characters' abilities and allows you to use your meta special for no cost while it's active.

-Meta Declaration: Uses 1 SP and requires the Meta Gauge to glow red.

-Meta Return: Used after a declaration, uses 2 SP and depletes the opponents Meta Gauge.

-Meta Redeploy: Used after a return to activate the meta world again, uses 2 SP and reduces your Meta Gauge by 25% of what it originally was.

-Meta Surrebutal: Used after a redeploy, uses 3 SP to deplete the Meta Gauge again.

-Meta Forcing: Used after a surrebutal, uses 2 SP to activate the meta world again and reduces your Meta Gauge by 50% of what it originally was.

Character Abilities

-Activated with a Normal Touch or with the Meta World.

-Ushiromiya Battler: "Resurrection", slightly recovers HP over time.

-Beatrice: "Infinity SP", it's pretty much what it sounds like.

-Ushiromiya Ange: "Stun Boost", increases the stun of your attacks.

-Lucifer: "Attack Touch" use Attack Touches without consuming your Touch Gauge.

-Shannon: "Auto Guard", exactly what it says.

-Kanon: "Silent Attack", reduces the SP your opponent gets from your attacks.

-Virgilia: "Brimful", increases the SP of both of your characters.

-Ronove: "Counter Boost", increases the damage of counter hits.

-Eva Beatrice: "Berserk", increases your attack power.

-Siesta/Chiester 410: "Break Boost", increases guard break damage.

Other than the usual basic stuff I think that's pretty much it.

System Requirements

OS

Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Windows Vista SP2 (32bit/64bit)

Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)

CPU

min: intel Core2Duo

best: Core2Quad - Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7

RAM

WindowsXP min: 1GB - best: 2GB

WindowsVista/7 min: 2GB - best: 3GB

HDD

2GB Free space

Monitor

min: XGA(1024x768)

DVD-ROM

Video card

NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT / 8500GT / 9400GT / GT220

ATI Radeon HD3650 / HD4650 / HD5550

It is, of course, a doujin game, so it won't be receiving an XBLA release or anything of the like any time soon. PC release date is likely to be at the winter Comiket (79), which is around December 28th to the 31st.

Oh, and lest I forget to mention; please no spoilers. At the very least, no spoilers up to episode 7, since it isn't translated yet, thanks.

I can repeat that if you'd like;

There will be no spoilers in this thread.

Well, I'm hype. I'm sure 07th Expansion has the pocket change to install an arcade port should this be good and popular in the future ala Melty Blood.

Sorry to say this, but let me express my feelings:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT UMINEKO FIGHTER

*phew* Now i'm waiting SO hard for this. Do want, i hope it's good. Characters look alot like BB sprites.

That sissy-mary has one of THE FLYEST suits I've EVER seen. OMG it's so cool. I'm stealing it.

Finally, a chance to wreak havoc with my god mode Rosa! I don't even care if it's gonna be Higurashi Daybreak quality, I will still be able to have some fun with my friends who don't even play fighting games, but read (or watch) Umineko.

This better have MAH Hanyuu, Satoko and Shion or I'm not interested D:<

... well, I wouldn't go that far, but some Higurashi chars would be welcome :v:

There's a shitload of Umineko characters they can choose from before having guests from Higurashi

This better have MAH Hanyuu, Satoko and Shion or I'm not interested D:<

... well, I wouldn't go that far, but some Higurashi chars would be welcome :v:

Well, at least there are Bernkastel and Lambdadelta. Not sure if they are playable, but they certainly deserve a cameo or two.

Oh, I.. could have sworn I updated the title already. Thanks @ Tachyons and Vinn

..okay, I did, but it's not changing. I guess it'll forever be [name ????].

Oh, I see. It's just changing the name of the title post. Clearly professional.

This game looks absolutely fantastic. I reckon at the very least I'll be using Ange quite a bit. Kanon too.

Although I can't help but wonder where Jessica and George are. Jessica is one of the main characters I'd be interested in playing.

Nevermind. Their dead bodies are definitely in the background of a screenshot. Damn.

I've seen the OP today.

I must admit it's pretty hype, and that I'm pretty excited about it. Just hope they add Lambdadelta and Bernkastel.

And by the way, "黄金夢想曲" translates as "Golden Dream Tune" or something of the sort.

EDIT: While we're at it, the release date is December 31th. It's going to be released at Comiket.

I'm definitely excited. I just hope that the screen is not -too- filled up with effects.

Although I can't help but wonder where Jessica and George are. Jessica is one of the main characters I'd be interested in playing.

Nevermind. Their dead bodies are definitely in the background of a screenshot. Damn.

They could always add a meta-world Jessica or something if they wanted to... right?

Oh, and lest I forget to mention; please no spoilers. At the very least, no spoilers up to episode 7, since it isn't translated yet, thanks.

Oh God, I haven't even played the Visual Novels yet. I'm leaving this thread until then if people are going to be talking about it.

Oh God, I haven't even played the Visual Novels yet. I'm leaving this thread until then if people are going to be talking about it.

edited front page, you can breathe easy now. (what are you doing, go play them right now.)