Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

Umineko Fighter [Ougon Musou Kyoku]

edited front page, you can breathe easy now. (what are you doing, go play them right now.)

seriously, furix busted my ass for not playing them, you should too Hiago-bro. D:

rofl Furix

Yeah I know, I will get to play them this week. I have the 6 first eps here.

One thing that I find interesting to point out is that only characters that appeared in the anime were announced as playable up until now.

Some notes about the gameplay which can be derived from the screenshots, both important and minor:

- There are more than one life bars, at least three of them can be seen (blue, yellow and red). I guess they work the same way as lifes in Darkstalkers.

- There are additional effects given by different characters. The ones you can see on the screens are Break Boost (from Siesta 410), Attack Touch (from Lucifer), Berserk (from Evatrice) and Auto-Guard (from Shannon).

- You may switch between the characters on your team if the proper gauge is filled.

- You may or may not choose the same characters for both slots on your team - there are no screens with such teams.

- There is more than one palette for each character. Virgilia's second palette is blonde, Beatrice-style.

- Counter-hits are present.

- The average damage is pretty low, with 4-hit combo dealing 96 damage.

- There are two versions of each stage. This may or may not have some gameplay meaning.

- The time limit can be greater than 100 seconds, probably because of character switching and multiple life bars.

- The amount of Engrish is unbearable. Damege? Chiester 410? Ugh.

Changed the thread title.

Anyway, this is great news for me to wake up on. I can't wait to use my Ange :333

- The amount of Engrish is unbearable. Damege? Chiester 410? Ugh.
Damege is totally fine if you just try to justify it as "Dame"ge. Ah, it's useless, it's all useless.

Excellent. (ლ╹◡╹)ლ

Also added SoWL's post to the front page.

I also realize this comes out at the same time as episode 8, right? So hard.. because I might be too busy with episode 8 to play this, or vice versa. :s

Anyway, since I know a lot of the people here haven't read Umineko yet(shame on you) and plan to(good!), then the no spoilers rule is STRONGLY enforced.

Of course, it deserves it. Hopefully Cirno or I keep the first post filled with updates to keep everybody up to date on the game(If there's more updates).

I also realize this comes out at the same time as episode 8, right? So hard.. because I might be too busy with episode 8 to play this, or vice versa. :s

There shouldn't be any problem, ep8 is read fast enough if you pull an all-nighter. :3

I REFUSE TO READ IT

( is it good )

I'm sure you'll like it.

You'll read it in japanese?

You know, am I the only one who finds it kinda weird they didn't announce Jessica and George (was that the guy with glasses' name?)?

Did they have much of an impact on the story as much as the characters that are playable?

I haven't played the Visual Novels so I wouldn't be sure of it. But in the anime, they kinda did have some impact. And they could fight as well.

Umineko ain't a visual novel, it's sound novel. Get it right.

Also, it's not an eroge, so no H.

The anime of this, from what I've heard, sucks balls compared to the original SN. Also, if anything, the music in Umineko is superb. Play it for the music. :D

Umineko ain't a visual novel, it's sound novel. Get it right.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni (うみねこのなく頃に?, lit. When the Seagulls Cry) is a Japanese murder mystery dōjin soft visual novel series produced by 07th Expansion.

If you can read Umineko, read it and stay away from the anime. =S

Pretty much.

Why wouldn't you be able to read it? I assume you're neither blind nor english-deprived since you're reading this thread.

Yeah the anime is pretty bad. But hey, the actual novel is awesome.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw Shannon somewhere in the OP. Who cares about George, he's fat.