Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

Umineko Fighter [Ougon Musou Kyoku]

About the roster and stuff: I'm sure they will add Jessica, George and others (GIVE ME MY ROSA YOU SONS OF A GOAT) if they aren't already in. Actually, it seems like a good move to leave some characters out on purpose so they will have something to release on the next Comiket. An expansion with as many characters as the original game has better chances of selling well than just Erika and Dlanor.

Looks like another fighting game I have to pick-up and try out. Dat Beatrice!

Looks like fun despite the fact that SRK calls it loli. I seriously want them to drop "loli/pedo" tagging to every game that gives them an "animu" vibe. Freakin' gets on my nerves...

I don't think there are going to be any more characters than the ones they already announced, unless they are planning on not showing all the playable characters in the opening. For those who couldn't notice somehow, that video is the actual opening of the game.

Question: what's an Umineko?

A sea cat, obviously.

Translating this post right now, wait for it!

EDIT:

The word is finally out.

Today, I'd like to talk about Ougon Musou Kyoku, the centerpiece of it all.

We've been working on this one for a pretty long time now.

We always wanted to make a fighting game some day! So we had a dream, we had the help of many people we will be forever indebted to, and we had a work to put all our effort in.

Actually, the reason we started working of this is because of our talks with BT-san.

(And it's a great pain that he couldn't make it to this day...)

And, after all these years, all these people put so much effort into this.

Netplay, full-voiced. Many tricks we wanted to include in the system, etc. etc.

Anyways, there are tons of combos and ボコスカ (?), so we think we've done a splendid job.

There are also some "Umineko-like" mechanics which can only be seen in Ougon Musou Kyoku, so make sure to enjoy them, too.

For more details on the game, make sure to check out "Ougon Musou Kyoku" website, which is already open to the public.

The rest of the post is about EP8 and Tsubasa.

tl;dr - netplay and full-voice, woo!

Excellent.

Maybe that'll even help ease people into the game. They might recognize El Fuerte's voice in an incompetent breast sommelier's body and Ragna's voice in a dapper demon butler's body.

Edit: Shame about the size of the cast though. I was honestly expecting George and Jessica to be playable, all things considered.

That Hokuto no Precure pic is scaring the crap out of me! Also this series seems interesting. It must be awesome for someone to go ahead and make a fighter of it.

Netplay confirmed? Awesome. If there was any doubt that I would play this game it's entirely gone now.

The character page got updated with Battler and Beatrice. Only ten slots total on it, so I reckon we know of all the existing playable characters that are going to be in the version released next month.

Ange

Battler

Beatrice

Eva-Beatrice

Kanon

Lucifer

Ronove

Shannon

Siesta 410

Virgilia

Battler's character ability is Resurrection. Has something to do with his HP. Don't know Japanese, unfortunately.

Netplay confirmed? Awesome. If there was any doubt that I would play this game it's entirely gone now.

The character page got updated with Battler and Beatrice. Only ten slots total on it, so I reckon we know of all the existing playable characters that are going to be in the version released next month.

Battler's character ability is Resurrection. Has something to do with his HP. Don't know Japanese, unfortunately.

I've linked the character page already, oh well.

By the way, it seems like Beatrice's ability gives you some SP bonus. I wonder what that means. And Battler's ability regenerates HP.

The character page also gives us the "Meta-Field" term, which is the condition for performing the most powerful moves. I guess that's when the background changes, and also that it's similar to Dark Force from Darkstalkers or Extend Force from Arcana Heart.

Also, Beato's ability apparently gives her infinite special gauge (quite fitting for the Infinite Witch, I must say). Really hope they will manage to keep it balanced, like, I dunno, Haku's Mugen.

The character page also gives us the "Meta-Field" term, which is the condition for performing the most powerful moves. I guess that's when the background changes, and also that it's similar to Dark Force from Darkstalkers or Extend Force from Arcana Heart.

Also, Beato's ability apparently gives her infinite special gauge (quite fitting for the Infinite Witch, I must say). Really hope they will manage to keep it balanced, like, I dunno, Haku's Mugen.

It seems like the Metafield gauge is the one below the titmer.

I have a Mac, and am a bit of an Apple fangirl...(yeah kay shoot me, but I like my mac for my art..)

But I'd cheat on my Mac and buy a PC just for this. Or at least buy bootcamp. :D I really hope Bernkastel is playable eventually.

Is it going to be available for purchase online, or Comiket only?

Also, does the website have anything on required system specs?

Basically, when it does come out, can someone post instructions on how to buy it for those of us who don't speak japanese?

Considering it's an official 07th Exp release, I assume it will be available in stores the day after.

I suggest you check amiami then, since their site is in English.

Only ten characters, huh... That means there's no chance for

Dlanor

to be in, then. Unless there are two hidden characters, but those would most likely be Lambdadelta and Bernkastel, if anything.