Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

Umineko Fighter [Ougon Musou Kyoku]

I could watch videos of this game for a while. It's so pretty to look at it. Too bad I don't own a copy.

Edit: Is the OST at least purchasable? It's so damn good ;w; .

The OST can be purchased, yes, since the game is based on a visual novel.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, if you're watching my videos, that isn't the real soundtrack of the game. I replaced the music.

Too bad it's pretty difficult to get a legit copy of this game without paying a lot of $$$. =/

Well, I did end up searching for the songs on YouTube because I thought "these sounds nice, what're the other songs like?" It led me into liking a lot of the songs that I heard. If you do not mind, could you PM me a link to where I could buy the OST? I would appreciate it!

(But the entire OST is in the game's files...and of course I ONLY dabble in legit affairs!)

Unless you're like me and love to have CDs to enjoy in the car, because F the radio B<

So there's no separate CD? How lame. If there was a retailer I could find to order the game from then, I'd be down with that. If not, I suppose the matter is one to be discussed over PMs.

Well I want to main Ronove so these videos are pretty useful. Thanks for sharing. :)

So there's no separate CD? How lame. If there was a retailer I could find to order the game from then, I'd be down with that. If not, I suppose the matter is one to be discussed over PMs.

The original VN is available through a paid download in several non-JP regions.

http://secure.hobibox.net/umineko/catalog.php

Instructions and English patch link are here: http://witch-hunt.com/stage4d.html

Honestly, the OST is probably good enough by itself to warrant a purchase.

Boss Black Battler gets crushed in under 3 minutes.

Lucifer loop.

One of the very few ways to combo into Rosa's meta super.

Shannon loop.

Virgilia Corner combo.

JP match video of Aki Horona (Badass Virgilia player) vs Izumi (Everything player)

Beatrice taking advantage of Will's SP cancel ability.

irc.mizuumi.net #umineko
http://umineko.mizuumi.net

Oh. I registered just for this thread. Hi people!

Hmm. Not sure what to really say. I'll just say some random things:

• I play on keyboard and I can never get 236236C combo working when I'm on the right side :( It works perfectly fine on the left!

• I like to play Bernkastel and Lucifer the most. Chiesta 410 and Beatrice would probably come after.

• I absolutely hate Lambdadelta's AI. Its such a grab whore.

• The AI always seems to guard touch on me whenever I'm about to combo on them.

• I can never seem to guard touch :(

• My favorite character (as a character, not gameplay favourite) is probably Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Erika, Chiesta 45 and Beatrice of course!

• I've only watched the Anime and read the Chiru visual novels. I haven't read EPs 1 - 4.

• My favourite EP was probably 7 or 8 (probably 7).

• I loved the motion graphic novels for the series (I want UMG 9!)

Well, that's all I can think of :P

I'm a keyboard player too, and 236236C is kinda tough at first, but keep practicing and you'll master it!

You should also join the IRC channel if you're interested in playing.

irc.mizuumi.net #umineko

Any recommendations on partners for Bern? I'm not really sure what to consider for team-building in this game. Am I looking for someone with good options after a burst, or just good support abilities that I can use for Bern's extended meta world?

My other favorite character is Jessica, but the two don't seem to synergize very well.

I'm personally not well-versed on the subject since I usually run random teams, but here's a few obvious things that might be helpful to consider:

- Bern has pretty low health, so pairing her with a higher-health character would help offset this drawback.

- Bern has pretty good mobility with all those air movement options, so she'd make a good partner to get in for a lower-mobility one.

- Bern needs meter for her defensive and more-damaging combo options. It'd be helpful if her partner isn't as meter-reliant, to let Bern stay on the bench longer.

- Bern's ability is tied for longest duration, so she won't be the "weakest link" when determining duration of stacked abilities in meta world. Pairing this with longer-lasting utility abilities like Dlanor's armor or 410's break boost can help keep you in a buffed state for a good amount of the time. This may not matter if you use Attack Touches frequently, as I think Meta World stacked buffs don't stay on character switches.

- Tied to the previous point, there aren't many Meta Supers that can be thrown out with impunity in a neutral or pressure situation, so the extended Meta World time via her ability might not help much. That said, fighting Beatrice or 410 in a longer Meta World sounds absolutely annoying to deal with.

Overall, I'd say Dlanor, Bronove, 410, and maybe Beatrice seem like solid partners for her.

Any recommendations on partners for Bern? I'm not really sure what to consider for team-building in this game. Am I looking for someone with good options after a burst, or just good support abilities that I can use for Bern's extended meta world?

My other favorite character is Jessica, but the two don't seem to synergize very well.

Kanon's Silent attack makes it so when you spam Bern's Meta Super, you will gain a meter every time you use it while the opponent gets nothing. Their abilities are both the same in being the longest in the games, so you get the max length of each.

410's Break Boost drastically increases guard damage, making Bern's Meta Super much easier to guard break with and makes her dumb zoning much more of a threat. They both last the same amount of time so you get the max length.

Ronove is a good partner because of general stuff, like Ronove's high health which makes up for Bern's squishiness and his ability, which will increase the damage of Bern's meta super if it gets a CH. Rono's ability is pretty short though, but the amount of time metaworld is extended gives Ronove more time to set up his own meta supers.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm leaning towards Dlanor or Ronove since I like the idea of using Bern to open people up for big damage, and giving her a meat shield to build her meter. 410 actually seems like a great partner as well, but I can't stand the character.

The game's system is not as daunting as I expected, biggest thing is going to be figuring out how to manage my meter. Are assault touches a huge waste, or are they a good way to tag in someone like Dlanor or Jessica?

The most current version, CROSS, is PC only. You can import the vanilla game and Cross but that'll cost you $80 + Shipping. You can also "acquire" it in other ways.'

Assault touches are a good way to tag someone out really quickly if you're stuck in pressure and would rather not get guard crushed.

Assault touch isn't something that I personally use often, though the guard bar reduction, ability activation, easy in, knockdown/oki, and swag mid-combo OTG pickups are nice reasons for using them. I can see a case for it when getting a mixup/oki heavy character in with a good buff, but it has its risks as well. It does lock you out of your touch options for a whole 15s and reduces stock for your metered options (incoming char will have 3 stock at best). Either can be pretty devastating depending on the current state of the match.

I imagine there's quite a few strategies to meter usage. Hoarding it to maximize damage output, maximize footsies options, keep control of the meta world, avoid big damage and/or pressure, etc.