Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusk Thanatos

That part of VA that no one cares about (Western/Southwestern VA thread?)

Welcome to DAT WESTERN/SOUTHWESTERN VA THREAD.

Most of the stuff going on is centered around the Virginia Tech/Roanoke area. Quick writeup from VR-Raiden:

We play pretty much everything, from old to new games. Most of our players are over on SRK so gatherings and such are discussed in our thread there: http://shoryuken.com/f19/virginia-tech-roanoke-thread-56883/. Currently we don't have a set venue for gatherings, but usually meet up at someone's apartment/lounge on campus at least once a week. Players of all skill levels are welcome to join us for games.

You heard the man. If you're near there, get in on it.

ALSO

AND THIS SHIT IS NEW

If you're Harrisonburg/JMU, JMU has a fighting game club now. Dunno when meetings will be next semester, but last semester, they were on Tuesday nights. It's pretty awesome.

Most of the airdash gaming has been Melty, but we'll pull out Persona or BB if you want. Hit us up!

===

(Currently small) playerlist:

Name: Dusk Thanatos

Characters: GG :MI: / BB :LI: / MB C-VAkiha, H-VAkiha

Contact Info: leanderachronos (AIM)

PSN/XBL: duskthanatos (PSN)

Name: Evilion

Characters: BB :RA: / AH3 Saki

PSN/XBL: Evilion (PSN)

Name: VR-Raiden (Michael)

Characters: GG :SO: / BB :RG:

Contact Info: VirtuaroidRaiden (AIM)

PSN/XBL: VR-Raiden (PSN)

Name: Iceman (Donnie)

Characters: GG :ED: / BB :AR:

PSN/XBL: Iceymitsu

Name: TRashtament (Tyler)

Characters: GG :TE: / BB :HA::HZ:

PSN: Tyler_Rash

Feel free to post your info.

===

IF YOU'RE IN THE AREA, POST IT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

We want to see you come out.

Hey there, glad you asked. We actually have quite a few players spread around Blacksburg/Roanoke/Radford. Most of our players post over at SRK in our thread there: http://shoryuken.com/f19/virginia-tech-roanoke-thread-56883/.

We play a wide variety of games, and have quite a few BB players. None of us actually own MBAA but some played MBAC some when that came out way back. Where are you exactly?

Hey there, glad you asked. We actually have quite a few players spread around Blacksburg/Roanoke/Radford. Most of our players post over at SRK in our thread there: http://shoryuken.com/f19/virginia-tech-roanoke-thread-56883/.

We play a wide variety of games, and have quite a few BB players. None of us actually own MBAA but some played MBAC some when that came out way back. Where are you exactly?

I'm actually around Harrisonburg or a bit further south when I'm not in school, but that's not godawfully far.

I see, so I guess you are closer to Charlottesville. I think a few guys that are here for college right now live in Charlottesville normally. Most of us (including me) are in the area due to college. You're more than welcome to come to one of our gatherings some time, we post about those in the SRK thread.

Also if you want to get some BB games in on PSN, we can add eachother and play sometime.

I see, so I guess you are closer to Charlottesville. I think a few guys that are here for college right now live in Charlottesville normally. Most of us (including me) are in the area due to college. You're more than welcome to come to one of our gatherings some time, we post about those in the SRK thread.

Also if you want to get some BB games in on PSN, we can add eachother and play sometime.

Thanks -- I'll check that out.

And I'll definitely add you later.

Good timing, we actually just got our next tournament in the area set up:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10974-1-UP-Resurrection-Blacksburg-VA-3-19-2011.

Hope you can make it here for it.

Oh shit.

Definitely checking my schedule fucking ASAP. Also, going to edit that into the OP.

Sure. We play pretty much everything, from old to new games. Most of our players are over on SRK so gatherings and such are discussed in our thread there: http://shoryuken.com/f19/virginia-tech-roanoke-thread-56883/. Currently we don't have a set venue for gatherings, but usually meet up at someone's apartment/lounge on campus at least once a week. Players of all skill levels are welcome to join us for games.

Oh and I might as well add my info for the player list.

Name: VR-Raiden (Michael)

Characters: GG :SO:/ BB :RG:

Contact Info: right by my avatar

By the way, our 3/19 tournament entree fees were raised a bit to accommodate travelers and to be more standard. MvC3/SF4 are 10 now, and BB/3S are 5. So update the info on it in the first post if you don't mind.

I'm in the area.

Been bogged down with Work recently, though, so I haven't been posting/leaving Radford as much as I want to.

I don't think this matters to anyone here besides me, but, I'll post it anyways on the off chance it will:

No anime club meeting tonight, which means no BB = (

Considering holding a small meetup at my place.

Probably run one or two BB setups, one GG setup (I don't think any of us know shit about gg though, lol), maybe an MBAC setup (because I still need to mod my PS2 >_<) on the side or an AH3 setup inplace of one of the BB setups (if it's released on PSN).

I think that would cover like twice the amount of people who would come, though, lol