Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusk Thanatos

That part of VA that no one cares about (Western/Southwestern VA thread?)

Hihi first time poster. I live just north of Harrisonburg. I'm basically a complete beginner at fighting games. Playing SSF4 and just got P4A. I'm on PSN as Cydearrm.

Also: hooray for thread necro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We VA players are too spread out :(

Busiest area for P4A that I know of is Richmond, they have a couple players. I'm all the way in Lynchburg myself but I make it there occasionally.

Ugh we ARE too spread out. The JMU fg club is running a thing this Saturday (the 8th), but they didn't say anything about P4A. Looks like ssf4 and marvel are the big things there. Oh, and Smash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah yeah that's pretty much the standard most places. Maybe try bringing P4A and see if there's any interest, might be some people who actually play it, but don't know anyone else does and just waiting for it to show up haha, that can happen pretty often with these kinda games.

Oh wow, this thread has people talking.

If it's a thing, I should be there the 8th, even though I've graduated. I know for a fact we're running Melty, though no clue about P4A/BB/GG. I should be able to get all requisite info sooner or later.

EDIT:

Schedule:

Noon:

Primal Rage (1 penny)

PowerStone 1 (1 penny)

PowerStone 2 (Right after PS1) (1 penny)

1 PM:

Binding of Isaac Boiler Run ($2)

2 PM:

Capcom vs SNK 1 (1 penny)

Virtua-on (Right after CvS) (1 penny)

3 PM:

Smash 64 ($3)

Aquapazza (1 penny)

Soul Calibur V (1 penny)

5 PM:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($1)

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition ($1)

7 PM:

Super Smash Brothers Melee ($3)

Super Smash Brothers Project M ($3)

Persona 4 Arena ($1)

9 PM:

Arcana Hearts 3 (1 penny)

Soul Calibur II ($1)

Skullgirls ($1)

10 PM:

Divekick (1 penny)

TBD:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle

Melty Blood

Cards Against Humanity

I wouldn't count on all those to actually run, though.

Closest scene for you is probably Richmond. As far as I know there are more GG players there, but there are some BB as well. If you have Facebook, this is the group to ask around in https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCUFightClub/

They have gatherings Friday nights at VCU typically, or any others that come up during the week.

If you went, you probably actually ran into a bunch of people from JMU scene, including the people who ran the fighting game club

Anyways, with UNiB out, I'll probably be paying a lot more attention to this thread again. Depending on when/if I get a job, traveling around could become a lot more feasible than it previously was.

On 11/17/2012 at 5:34 PM, VR-Raiden said:

Time to necro this thread :v:

I'm in Lynchburg now, anyone play P4/GG/BB around here?

Looks like I'm about 3 and a half years late, but that's also because I didn't play Fighting Games at that time.

Hello, I'm in the Lynchburg area, and I play Xrd/XrdR, but that's about it tbh.

Also, I'm a high schooler, so it'd be very difficult/next to impossible to get me to a scene that isn't in the immediate area. RIP

We are most definitely too spread out, and noone here plays fighting games at a higher level than casuals between friends.

PSN: UnPr_Studios

Xrd: Potemkin (I play a rather bad Pot tho)