Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusk Thanatos

That part of VA that no one cares about (Western/Southwestern VA thread?)

I'm at JMU now. Never been to the anime club before, but do they still play Blazblue regularly? It'd be nice to have some local players.

Yeah.

I'd like more excuses to play the game. I have an irrational hatred for netplay, so more local players = amazing.

Hello fellow Virginia Blazblue players, it's nice to know that there's others out there that care about the game as much as we do down here in Southwest VA. I am from Lee County, Pennington Gap and our Blazblue team is very dedicated and we all play on a day to day basis always learning new things about the game though there is only 3 of us. (We play Lambda, Tager, Hazama.) Sadly we do not have anywhere to host tournaments or spread the word on Blazblue..actually the closest video game place is 45 minutes away and they never host tournaments of any type. The 3 of us really want to meet and play against others in the local region so if anyone is out there perhaps in Wise, Kingsport, Johnson City, Middlesboro, Coeburn, Pound, Clintwood, then hit us up, we really want to get things going guys, we don't want to see this game die off, we've had too many good times together playing it so if you're out there then join our cause.

Xbox Live account is - ruawizard.

Or message me on here and we will figure out how we can get the carnage started.

Message us and we will hit you up asap.

Yup I'm planning to go to that with some people from Blacksburg.

Hi Lichling, there are 3 "dedicated" Blazblue players here in Blacksburg, but sadly we're pretty far from your area.

Lichling: I'm not too terribly far away from you. Probably < 2 hours. The Bristol area has a couple of marvel players, but they aren't getting into BB at all. Maybe you guys can make it up to the next Va Tech tournament.

So far, I have CSEX on PS3.

Thanks for the heads up.

Evilion moved to there, so I'll let him know and maybe see if I can arrange to get there for the weekend. Even if we don't get the tournament, we could play some casuals

Cool hopefully you guys can make it. I probably should've posted about it earlier lol

I know of at least 3 including me coming from Blacksburg/Roanoke who play BB. I'll bring my PS3 and BBEX since I'm not sure if the ones hosting the tournament will have it.

Yeah, Civil War confirmed.

Room reserved, filled out prereg and should be paying for it today.

Only entered BB on prereg, though I might add Skullgirls if I like it. I'll have to play the game to see.

I'm not 100% positive I can go now, but I'm gonna do my best. Will enter BB and KoF if I can make it. I hope BB gets good numbers, was kinda disappointed at the BB numbers at Final Round.

Oh and BB didn't happen at Charlottesville, only entrants were me and 1 other guy from Blacksburg lol. To be fair it was extremely small overall though.

You should try the shoryuken thread too http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/virginia-tech-roanoke-thread.5013/page-191

I was in Blacksburg until last summer and we had a few players still around, but I don't know the exact situation there now. We do games in Roanoke sometimes though. What games are you trying to play?

also Civil War 5 is confirmed for April 19-21, I will be posting a tournament thread for it once details are finalized. There will be P4A, GG, and BB tournaments.

I need to update that OP hard, and probably have someone give you permission to edit it.

JMU actually has a legit fighting game club now, and that's kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of relevant information

Oh that's awesome. Yeah the first post is quite outdated now. I still meet up with some people for games in Roanoke tho