Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CSE] Rachel International Videos + Critiques

@Kirbster, yeah I've been thinking I want to use cat punch more (it goes in streaks for me), but I always have a hard time doing it on reaction, whereas a cat chair will guaranteed come out....obviously a cat chair is more risky, but yeah, netplay....ironically I haven't seen any ragna's to test cat punch more against, but I've had lots of success against jumpy jins.

@Topher (sirlunchbox). definitely should use cat chair less lol. i don't usually use it that often, but against those specific two players, they play zero defense, so i tend to spam it even more to MAKE them play some defense, even if i have to eat it big a couple times. against jins (thinking about the shadowred match), I find that they jump so often that it's hard for me to time a counter-assault reliably so I usually just try to backdash when they jump or use a d move (that isn't 2d). against ragnas, i'm having trouble with what to do in the corner between gauntlet hades, deathspike, air dash grab, and of course 5b. even after i wait out the seemingly endless amount of deathspikes, i do tend to panick with a chair...but recently i've been experimenting more with 6b instead of trying to jump out...is this safer than winded a-lobelia? what do you do besides chair in the corner (excluding counter-assault, the most reliable ragna pressure ender lol)?

Edit: I played a bunch of matches against gigaitachi and thogha today and cat punch (when used appropriately) was catching em every time they did that automatic j.b/j.c, and it seriously changed their gamestyle after getting whacked couple times lololol.

Bunch of matches from our last ranbat:

vs. Hakumen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc3HLxPJonI (goddamn I played horrible :v:)

vs. Noel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlSrKgFWKY (was alright I believe, but it wasn't hard exploiting my opponents weaknesses)

vs. Carl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61MQosb1mPQ (this matchup is the bane of my existence :/ watch me getting salty)

Lots of dropped combos in important places, predictable mixups, 6C on block (orz...).

Any critique and advice is welcome (especially for the Carl matches...).

against ragnas, i'm having trouble with what to do in the corner between gauntlet hades, deathspike, air dash grab, and of course 5b.
Gauntlet Hades is easy to punish when you block it (unless they rapid cancel it, you just have to block then), it's like -11 on block. Dead Spike is easy to emergency tech and jump out of if they do it on your wake-up. There's probably better things you can do too. I'm just not the best person to probably ask, I'm horrible at giving advice. >,>

Relentless;1187222']

Any critique and advice is welcome (especially for the Carl matches...).

I don't know a whole lot about the Carl match-up either, but I know George can be pretty useful in this match-up since it's the only projectile that Rachel has that can go through the doll. The whole match-up, in general, feels like a game of cat and mouse. ._.

Against the Hakumen, it seems you two weren't very familiar with the matchup... Hakumen can't be zoned like most chars and it's hard to keep him out if he cuts your shit really well. But in this case since he was being pretty passive, so you can just take the time to set up your minions/poles and let him come to you. In the corner, he can counter George on wakeup too, so be careful with that. Oh, and TD against him is a big nono.

You beat that Noel pretty convincingly, good shit with cat punching his 2d spam and not overcommitting in your pressure because of her random bullshit factor.

As for Carl. I don't know the matchup myself cuz we don't have Carls here so I can't be much help. I'd just be more wary of Nirvana. Good shit on escaping tight situations with wind. I felt you were rushing it a bit though whenever you got a chance at pressure but I know how hard it is to keep cool headed lol.

Good stuff overall! You seem to know the good combos and mixups and have nice spacing, just gotta play more until the bad habits get shaven off and hitconfirms become more natural.

Hey how are you doing Brkrdave? I have been improving my Rachel since our last match and learned some stuff from you, I've been meaning to post some of our matches soon. Have my combo videos been helpful? If you click my icons it should take to my Youtube page.

Hey, so first post on DL.

pretty casual player here, but i know basically only two good rachels (harakiri tiger and doopa) so i don't get too much help on how to improve other than watching vids online.

here's a couple matches people have uploaded of my play (people only upload when they beat you lol). the random moves you see are ... well, decisions made by the internet (you'll see a couple interesting choices), but thanks in advance for watching and critiquing if you would please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wllGzOJ7sT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRuN9DjuqM

maybe i'll get some more matches up myself where i'm having less trouble with lag.

Pretty nice 5C fatal combo in there. Variation on a pretty well-known combo, but still nice.

The majority of the other new combos are designed to look flashy and not so much to be practical. If you land those combos in a tournament, though, the crowd will definitely go "whoa". :P

The rest of the combos in there are old, but they're still useful to know (except 3C9D 3C9D etc., that one's just troll).

Isn't that video by Sakaku, anyway? He should stop posting videos for a moment and come over to this thread and say hello. :D

Isn't that video by Sakaku, anyway? He should stop posting videos for a moment and come over to this thread and say hello. :D

... Hello. :D

And yeah, it is. Decided not to post it here since CSEX is just around the corner.., seems like it ended up here anways. :psyduck:

I also made another one, ~Weiss Flugel~, though the combos are much more known and practical in there.

Sakaku is flashy and fancy as fuck.

Gotta make up for being scrubby through sitting in training mode and creating stupid combos to show off, ya know? :3

Anways, thanks for the feedback~

And yeah, it is. Decided not to post it here since CSEX is just around the corner.., seems like it ended up here anways. :psyduck:

I also made another one, ~Weiss Flugel~, though the combos are much more known and practical in there.

Gotta make up for being scrubby through sitting in training mode and creating stupid combos to show off, ya know? :3

You should totally try to land those combos in a tourney. ;D

It'd be so unbelievably hype.

They're pretty nice. You should get them SRK frontpaged.

no crit? :O

I understand with cse being around the corner and whatnot.

so how do the younguns bump threads nowadays? bump 10char or something

I don't really like critiquing people I feel are skill levels beyond me, but some things that I noticed:

@3:09 - Should have done the j.236a fatal trick when the opponent is that high during BBL.

@4:18 - IOH j.a> air throw whiff> throw? That was pretty cool.

@27:XX - Nice comeback, and the IOH air throw whiff, throw again.

@28:34 to 28:50 - Got Cat Chair happy, third time's a charm lol, and did you mis-input BBL?

@29:32 - There's that IOH throw whiff into 2b this time. That's a pretty neat trick.

@32:15 - Random BBL? Or were you thinking he was going to run into it?

You both were kind of going crazy that last round, but otherwise pretty solid, like always. :3

l do appreciate the crit tofurr.

3:09 was a complete lapse in judgement. l figured l might have dropped the fatal trick so l tried to be a little more on the safe side with the 2 wind version, ended up botching the timing anyway.

by 28:34 l was hardly even paying attention, however ive been mashing 2c alooooot lately anyway so thats not really an excuse. l will say though that yes l was expecting him to run into the poles at 32:15. iirc even getting hit by a bbl pole is a full 3-4k combo. it would have been baller but alas, l got a little overzealous

First video:

Beginning: Keep track of your windmeter. Don't use all of it at once for mixups alone.

0:44 You only had one stock and still went for the mixup. It hit, but at this point, you can't convert it into anything useful anymore. At this point it would've been smarter to backup again, or to combo into 5B 3C frog at least to get him to block.

Right after that, j.C jc j.2C is WAY to risky and you got punished for it. If you're trying to AA with j.C and they block it, jc and do j.AAABC (something along those lines, depending on spacing). This will let them feel the pressure and drain their barrier, because you will land sooner than them and then you can use airunblockables.

1:11 interesting idea but really not worth it. Keep a look at your heat and wind gauge so you can judge the risk/reward.

Possible reward: They get hit and you get 1-1,5k and very poor midscreen oki (no wind for extended combo, no heat for super, no frog possible, no wind for pumpkin oki).

Risk: They block, and you're in the corner with no summons and no wind (this is what happened and it's like the worst situation you can be in, besides getting hit :P)

1:58 What was the point of that? You didn't have any wind, the pumpkin is completely useless. You only set yourself up for a counterhit. You were lucky you didn't get punished for that directly.

2:10 I would've bursted at some point here. You had full heat and only 10 secs were left on the clock. It would've been fairly easy to stall for time with 2x TD and regular zoning with the wind you get back here. Also 2 bursts aren't that great against Ragna because he's fairly good at taking primers away. But then again that's just me.

2:35 that lucky bastard :E

3:00 onwards you played well. You got him to block 1 lobelia and sword iris, and managed to get a lot of wind and pumpkin out. Ragna can't really do a lot at this point and you could have done a lot more setups (especially getting frog out). Then you just got impatient and rushed in with pumpkin only, when Ragna was in the air (if you're trying to go in with pumpkin, always try to time it so that they get hit while being grounded, so they have to put up with your high/low BS). Keep cool and wait for the right moment.

3:15 you panicked there, didn't you? :v: Good burst though, that would've been a painful combo.

3.38 don't know why you used wind to get closer here.

Overall I think you mainly need to work on wind management and lobelia spacing. I guess tourney nerves got to you, try to keep cool and you'll do good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrn6zkTZHqg

me (rc) vs zeth07 (ba)

featuring a few of my subs... lol

good games again to zeth and ty for uploading

all critique welcome.

Finally got time to watch this now that exams are done. I honestly can't find much stuff to criticize aside from a few instances of missed hitconfirm opportunities and some bad decisions. Your pressure, spacing, execution... all top notch IMO. I feel more like giving praise haha. I really like your wall carrying with 5b > j.3xn, it will be useful in EX now that we can't rely on fork as much.

Near the end you looked like you were autopiloting it a bit with risky stuff like winded j.2c and cat chair, and being pretty low on wind... but I know that when you gotta fight back NOW, it's not like you can just sit there and save it.

All in all this was really solid play. Sorry I couldn't be really helpful :v:

Now, for anyone who's interested, here are some Rachel mirrors between me and K2 at NEC in BBEX. Pretty fun stuff, we have different styles and it was a blast to play. Parts 4 and 5 are pretty much just me actually, here's a bunch of notable matches (keep in mind that none of us were really familiar with the new game, it was just for fun) :

vs K2

vs Kousaka

vs Omnisscythe (nerfed Makoto is so much less scarier)

vs A.X.I.S.'s Plat (I get bodied xD)

no crit? :O

I understand with cse being around the corner and whatnot.

so how do the younguns bump threads nowadays? bump 10char or something

ppl are scared to critique the rachel god ;P

you were pretty successful, so it's hard to critique anything. i think some things you did were a bit risky, but you didn't get punished for them, so.....here's what i think

1:20.... what? no j.2c?

1:25.... awesome hit confirm; i don't even attempt that

1:49.... you have one wind stock left and you use it to do a j.a overhead that you can't combo after...it works in this situation because you got the green grab, but to me it seems a bit risky because if you hadn't gotten the grab you would have been left with zero wind at close range. i'm not sure you could have even confirmed the 3c after 5b into george after that j.a, so you were almost left with zero oki and zero wind if that grab was teched. even if you did confirm the 3c george, you're still in a worse off position than if you had thrown a lobelia and summoned pumpkin and had a wind stock. but again, what you did worked, so it's hard to say for sure

1:57... unsafe lobelia, although it worked lol, so idk.

2:45.... i think you confused rachel with platinum lol. who knew rachel had legit a-button block strings, nice

2:52.... was that fork because you thought he'd 3c? safer to try to IB a 3c and if he doesn't then you still have time to anti-air him if he doesn't 3c

3:13.... interesting combo, but it lets him out of the corner

31:03... this is your decision, but is that RC a burst bait? i don't know if i agree with using RC to bait burst unless you already see the burst.

i think sometimes you have the urge to use all your wind trying to get a hit on the opponent when you can't really even combo after a hit when you finally get one. sometimes you throw unsafe lobelias, but that's hard to critique when they work lol. you let him out of the corner a couple times by extending a combo (31:35). you may have a reason, but sometimes you summon pumpkin when you have no wind (31:53). awesome combos, spacing, mixups, etc etc.

hope that helps.

Finally got time to watch this now that exams are done. I honestly can't find much stuff to criticize aside from a few instances of missed hitconfirm opportunities and some bad decisions. Your pressure, spacing, execution... all top notch IMO. I feel more like giving praise haha. I really like your wall carrying with 5b > j.3xn, it will be useful in EX now that we can't rely on fork as much.

Near the end you looked like you were autopiloting it a bit with risky stuff like winded j.2c and cat chair, and being pretty low on wind... but I know that when you gotta fight back NOW, it's not like you can just sit there and save it.

All in all this was really solid play. Sorry I couldn't be really helpful :v:

Now, for anyone who's interested, here are some Rachel mirrors between me and K2 at NEC in BBEX. Pretty fun stuff, we have different styles and it was a blast to play. Parts 4 and 5 are pretty much just me actually, here's a bunch of notable matches (keep in mind that none of us were really familiar with the new game, it was just for fun) :

vs K2

vs Kousaka

vs Omnisscythe (nerfed Makoto is so much less scarier)

vs A.X.I.S.'s Plat (I get bodied xD)

sorry for bad english, but try your best to undertand, i don't like to edit on forum

so i am not going to say how good you are or what you did right, cuz if it works for you, it works

i am just going to say the bad things, and hit you with a basball bet and wake you up from playing like a robot for not seeing the situation correctly. you are looking for critiques after all.

the matches vs me

fun matches ^^ we need to play more

no common cuz u won

i want you to gimme feedbacks instead ;)

matches vs kousaka

you win fast and clean, so no comments, u were doing lots of jc against his jb, arakune's jb is broken that rachel 6a won't beat, but you were able to jump and jc, tell me how you do that.

o, i like how you can rush kousaka to a point he can't set clouds, good match up game play

vs omni

now back to the momemtums we were talking about in NEC, speically against aggressive character, you got own pretty badly on 2nd round. lets think about the gameplay in general.

YOU NEED TO GET THE SHIT OUT OF DAT CORNER.

you were waiting for something? after you burst u did some pokes and u lobila into frog, this is auto poliet man, never do that against character who runs fast, u risk a lobella cannon and gamble she will jump in so you can set a frog.

and she ran stright in, is common match up on how to get into rachel, u run stright in, now b/c u not only cannon allowing her to run in , u set frogand give urself MORE recovery. come hit me makoto XD

so ya, once u are cornered, get the fuck out.

3rd round was omni being stupid and you read it

a lobila x 3 + wind and makoto ran and got hit by all of them?! de salope! ppl are assholes for not respecting cannon XD but lets just say in a tournament, ppl not going to risk like that, and 3 wind will be wasted. instead of using 3 wind and cannon, after like 2 u can iris and ppl will not go in.

i do understand the habit of shooting lots of cannon and pray, please don't come, go away. but when u have poles ready there is no need to abuse wind any more.

but then again, they are just causals play, do wtever you want and win.

vs plat

got bodied? AXIS IS SO FREEEEEE ( rofl j/k)

here you are telling me you are not reading you opponent and adapt to change, but again is just causals.

you lose to command throw and you got mind fucked. after like the 1st time you should turn on that switch and never ( well try) get command throw after 5a2a

when plat is looking for a better weapon, always wind urself in and don't let her switch to the things she want. so pay attention to plat's item, cuz when plat is holding an item she doesn't like, all plat player's skill goes down 50% or something.

thats all for me, why you so gaadlike sir?

i deleted my video post cuz ppl don't care about me TAT i need more love, gimme some rachel art work

due to the limited typing capability of my ps3, i'll have to make this quite short. first of all, thanks once again to kirbster and herbal grey for the crit and... compliments :blush: really l dont deserve it.

herbal i'll provide some insight as to what l was thinking.

1:20 was a burst bait. I do try hard to read them, although l failed that instance. which is ok. if zeth sees/expects a burst bait... he wont burst! which sets the pace for future matches. funny cause he burst 5 seconds later anyway LOL. fail.

1:49 was a lapse also. however, l did break a primer and pushed a little to the corner, so it wasnt all bad l guess. l do see your point though and it has been noted.

1:57 seeing it again, it was a bad choice of me. l remember accesing the situation like this. l knew he'd dnail there. my lobelia would ch him, i'd slip through the dnails , and proceed with combo. actually l was a milisecond away from a perfect plan. but alas... :<

2:52 was actually airdash db, but l didnt realise l was out of wind