Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CSE] Rachel International Videos + Critiques

This Rachel is JAGER though. N-O's style is a bit different. He throws a bunch of A lobelias + 9D http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9D27-4gUMww#t=3348s then summons the pumpkin and george using poles as a cover. Basically he outzones Mu lol. But in the end he always manages his wind properly and makes every hit count. So would you recommend JAGER's style over N-O?

I remember that I usually summon pumpkin on the ground and then wind forward but then he just jumps and summons steins and I can't catch him cause I'm poorly spaced. I'll watch the matches again tomorrow, for now I'm supposed to attend a Christmas party lol.

lol i didn't even look at who it was, i was just talking general style. i pretty much see jager as a n-o look-alike with less style. so yea i guess more like jager.

pumpkin isn't very useful on the ground for you in this matchup because the lasers will disrupt what you try to do on the ground.

if mu is just doing random j.d full screen without steins/lasers to protect her, then yea just dash 5d rtsd

samthegreat

dont whiff against mu, never

stop doing chairs if you not sure if it hits, its easy 7-8k for mu, and you at best can half of it on ch

watch for lazors. Throw is great option against it, even if it isnt green

you must apply pressure in corner, since its unwinnable in neutral. Dont run from this bitch

stop doing pumpkin instead frog in combos

for oki you can go for 5B clash with dp same as against ragna. Work on knockdowns and oki

air lobelias have landing recovery, so you can always be punished for whiffing it

work on ib, in this matchup ib is really easy and gives you shitloads of heat

use td for approaching and mixups instead setting up frog and pumpkin

mu strengths are in absolutely retarded damage from 5c ch/2c ch and in corner and 50/50 mixup with 6b/6b rc 2b with retarded 22f startup and safety on block, so you must try dont give her chance spam it. Lazors are annoying, but cant really hurt you much if you not failing holding block/avoiding it.

l posted this in the VP thread but it would make sense to post here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjVUkcdHD7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNOenvul-BI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqYFNIK6u8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3frwQVlJGXM

please keep in mind that these are just casual games. however don't let that stop you from watching

for those of you who did not watch this yet, here is a full hour ft10 between akira shiro (carl) and myself. it was a pretty intense set, well at least for me it was so l was trying not to make silly mistakes.

whoever played akira quite possibly knows (in their hearts) that he is one of the best players on psn, and he is no slouch as you might see here.

sorta NSFW for the commentary, it was all in good fun so there might be a curse here and there, etc. if you absolutely must watch though, you can always mute the video until later.

SO without further ado, here is ze link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYydL85LeEw

Hi, I was hoping to get some critique on my Rachel, figured Rachel v Tsubaki would be the best example here. I tend to get myself pressurised far too easily and just want some pointers here and there to deal with that. Also I know I have flaws with approaching and air dashing (<--- curse maining Tager), oh and that be afraid to say "stop using wind" I'm sure there could of been other things I could do to stop my opponents approaches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJBxIrUGmA#t=8m28

Been awhile since I reviewed a match (twitch... :vbang: ) so im looking forward to this. I will watch it when I get home

First match

First round

decent round start. Looks like kiba was expecting it because he just ran up an 5b'd. One good round start to start using against tsubaki is to simply walk back a split second and assess her movements. What this does is make 22a punishable if tsu does it, while keeping your options available should you need to super jump or wind away.

Kiba had you blocking that entire round pretty much. It seems that the problem points for you is tsu's 6a/6b/throw stuff. You must get good at blocking these! While that may be simple advice, tsu' mixup is already extremely simple and easy to disrespect. Once you can block both attacks consistently, it's all about figuring out when the tsu player will do them.

6a will only link from 5a, 5b, 5bb, 2a, 2b, and charge cancel. Absolutely none of these options make 6a even remotely safe.

On the other hand, 6b links from all her a/b moves and her 5c© move, a little more safe to use (but still not safe to use from 95% of her moves), and is plus 1.

If you're not already mashing 5a/2c when you expect these two moves, at leAst ib 6b so you can gain sdvantage. Watch for charge cancel after 6a and 5b her for a sweet combo.

Not much else to say first round. You didn't play badly, but you did get outplayed. It happens.

Second round

tsu is one of the few charas I wouldn't recommend 6b round start on. She has no range to abuse round start positioning, and 22a is really fast. The threat of it doing instant corner carry is too great to risk trying to beat it ground to ground.

You are trying too hard to summon pumpkin in the air, lol. I could tell kiba knew but couldn't figure out how best to deal with it. While pumpkin is priority in neutral, don't get so tangled up trying to get it out. Before getting anything started, you must be sure that you have enough space and time. To do that, you need to spend some wind getting away, using 236ad, etc. if the foe has no reason to respect your summoning time, good luck winning the round.

Also weird is you keep doing air pumpkin into 3d, sometimes kiba isn't even there but you keep doing it?

Again, you're not playing badly minus a few costly mistakes (due to netplay I assume). Kiba just knows what you're going to do. So variety seems to be an issue for you.

You're inputs I notice are also a little slow, I can see you moving, lol. Again this just seems like a net play issue

Second match

First round

Same start as last time. Ok, it worked. Great 236a launch, bad summon. At that point with the last few frames of wind, it probably would have been better to try to rush in with 3 wind and go for a 6a or start pressure. You didn't get punished though

Not much you can do about tsu charging but setup. If you're trying to hit her with lobelia from fullscreen, use j236a late d, land, jump, and do an early as possible j214c. It'll get you in from full screen, with 20+ advantage, possibly a summon right on your heels. If tsu held the button too long and got hit by the pole, confirm into 5b air combo. You have a lot of proration to work with.

Again, throws seem to be a problem, get in that lab.

Oooooh... Got hit by 22[d] on wakeup. I don't think there was much you could do there. Good you were aware and TRIED to backdash. Delay tech works, but beware Rachel's fat hitbox could make teaching too late painful!

Random air frog? Yeah...

Second round

Questionable round start. While not bad, it was executed a bit too slow. Also, I recommend j3dc rather than b. it'll catch standing and jumping foes for a juicy combo, no landing recover on crouchers, and safe on block.

236a9d in midrange?? Definitely do regular 6d there especially vs tsu

You don't have to wakeup always pressing a button. Block sometimes can be your best (read: only) friend when using rachel. You must be fearless.

Seems like you learned this after that combo.

Kiba just mauled you that round, but that's ok!

Third match

First round

Taking the initiative! I love it. Nice combo. You're on the roll in the corner, your mixups are... Not bad. Very nice fuzzy confirm

Sad tsu escaped the corner :( definitely should have risked a 5b there, tsus dp is trash and poor damage without charge. Meanwhile, 5b reward hit or block is amazingly in you favor with George ready to Activate

Jump pumpkin seems like a staple for you. Remember not to be predictable with this. Kiba wasn't punishing it really so you're good

Never use td in front of tsu if she has charge. 214d has projectile beating properties, it will beat td and poles 100 percent.

If your opponent has a lot of resources and you'll think they'll use all or some of them, wait until they do to burst. Make the trade off more even

If you get a chance to run in reverse you shouldn't use wind, that is an absolutely perfect time to regen, you're on the ground and the foe has to chase you all the way to the other side or wherever you want to stop

Nice lobelia ch confirm though it blue beated and dropped

During that mid screen George oki, you were smart to back dash away. I would just say though, better to hold your ground. Tsu does not have many counters on wakeup beside dp tricks with charge, so the situation is in your favor. Unless yo absolutely know they'll dp, just do your oki or just sit there and wait for her to kill hersel for 1k.

Second round

Same start, same scenario. Kiba was prepared this time of course.

No need to wind pumpkin down on oki with only one wind. Use it to scare the foe only, or keep it there as cover for George. Ultimately, in that situation you were probably better off going for Max damage

Rage burst shortly after. Not much to explain there

Another questionable 236a9d at midrange. And with a pumpkin out. Since you hadn't winded the pumpkin yet it will stay out for 6 seconds. You could have used that time into covering more space with less wind. Remember that 236a windless is really good against tsubaki, and 6 seconds of pumpkin cover could get you back into the game.

Lots or random inputs... If you're going to mash anything, let it be cat chair

Hold that thought

Thanks for this TD, I just wanna quote few things:

First Match, First Round

It seems that the problem points for you is Tsu's 6a/6b/throw stuff.

Watch for charge cancel after 6a and 5b her for a sweet combo.

Remember TD 6X isn't charge cancellable, unless you're referring to watching out for charge cancels after the options Tsubaki has after 6A, which I feel is the case. (Watch for 6A > 5C charge cancel for instance)

However, if that is the case, that can be applied to the rest of her normals. It just depends on how alert you are and how good you are with reacting.

Remember TD 6X isn't charge cancellable, unless you're referring to watching out for charge cancels after the options Tsubaki has after 6A, which I feel is the case. (Watch for 6A > 5C charge cancel for instance)

However, if that is the case, that can be applied to the rest of her normals. It just depends on how alert you are and how good you are with reacting.

Yes I mean the options after the 6a, should have clarified.

I'm going to finish up the critique after work. Unless that's all you needed zoular.

Honestly I'm pleased to get any critique and know what I really should work on. If there's anything you'd want to mention I'd appreciate it

So I watched the last few matches. It's mostly the same play throughout the set, so ill just summarize what I think.

Pressure was alright. When you did manage to get kiba blocking, you did some decent mix ups.

Neutral needs improvement. Too many mistakes in neutral caused you to be on the defense. Space control could be better

Execution was off

Defense was below average.

Sounds pretty harsh and I know net play is definitely a factor in this. In no way am I judging your skill level. I do think though, that if it was possible for you to play offline and record a match or 3, it'd be easier to accurately access your matches

This is why I have trouble bringing myself to watch your netplay matches TD... I think I'm somewhat racist towards netplay itself lol. I hate it so much.

It is understandable.not everyone has the tolerance needed to stomach net play. Lol

TD that post was quite nice to read. I hadn't ever thought of that @ running backwards.

Netplay is usually not laggy for me when I play later in the evening or in the middle of the night (in EST). Other times of day I do run into very laggy matches >O>

It's funny, though, whenever I play Rachel mirrors (not very often), the other Rachel usually looks a little wonky/laggy. I remember playing glirandly once a looooong time ago, though, and (s)he wasn't. My ass got served

glad you liked it.

most rachel players l know do not like rachel mirrors. l personally dislike mirrors in general, but rachel mirrors are a new breed of annoying.

As a friend of mine once said. "Twice the amount of wind, twice the amount of poles, twice the amount of lighting and too much flying around" xD

In a way I don't mind Rachel mirror matches because you can pick up a tip or two from fighting the other Rachel I believe though, I'd rather fight every single character just because of story relations but that might just be me? :)