Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St1ckBuG

NEC XI Results & Shoutouts

Btw, who was it I OCV'd in tourney? That really shouldn't have happened. I got mad lucky. >_<

got to meet a bunch of people, had a lot of fun for my first major. thanks to doomie and stickbug for running things and putting up with canadian nonsense i.e. like letting us enter the GG team tourney late, and rachel timing out the tourney. shoutouts to all of east coast for being mad hype.

nice meeting you mac + shervin, shame we didn't get to play.

zong i did want to play you in bb. maybe next time.

shoutouts to kyle + matthias. thanks for the casuals. great meeting you two.

new england BB players: sorry for not getting any casuals in. keep working on that low tier scheme though.

fd, frank, and tit beast stay gdlk.

Starting off

my heart goes out to new jersey

Doomie "Hospitality" Jeff - Goin above and beyond time and time again.

Can I get a room? We got you a room with blaz, gear, bud, four lokos, players, pillows...you name it"

Yo, you know if theres a Mcdonalds or somethin nearby I could go to? Fuck that shit, you came out ot pennsylfuckinvania, here's a philly cheesesteak cuz I said so.

You got gear? Bitch, we got 5 set-ups, and a dedicated stream!

that shit went on all weekend, godlike. Thanks for the rooms and rides and fuckin everything

ALAN STICKBUG - man you family now. Anyone that doesn't know this guy...its worth meetin him. I missed my flight sunday night, he drove to the airport to pick me up and found me a fucking place to stay. Not only that but before he even found a place he said "If i don't find you a place you can sleep at my place and I'll drive you back to the airport in the morning, I'll be late to work its cool" HE DOESNT EVEN LIVE IN THE SAME STATE RIGHT?! I dont have much FAMILY that would do that for me. I'm not gonna say I have all the connections, but if you're ever in texas and need something, don't hesitate to ask and I'll do everything I can for you man. All you did was give to the community this weekend, I only saw him play when people asked him to, otherwise he was working FOR ALL OF US, don't underestimate that jam either.

workin on down the list reminds me I got a long way to go...

Property of North Carolina: Saltydefense

Blake Titanium Beast - Stay agreeable, I can't wait for that grudge match next major we meet. Maybe I'll play sol to fight fire with fire, but those were damn good matches every time we met this weekend. Ida been feelin myself all weekend too if I hit that many IK's

Frank the Tank - Thanks for havin me in teams, thanks for the game advice, thanks for the may match-up (I finally know what I'm doin in that match-up now, and I'm gonna go the lab and work on some HARDCORE ZONING, next time I'm gonna make it painful to try and touch me) You were godlike in teams gettin us through winners finals. Looked like you spent 24 hours comin up with an anti steve harrison strat that really paid off. Have to do it again sometime

New York New York - Keep showin it doesn't matter who you play if you have the skill to back it up

A3 - I don't want to put my boy stone on blast, but your johnny had me scared on a whole nother level. 100% combos man, teach me to fucking FD. I seriously may be moving away from houston soon, and if opportunity strikes, who knows where I could end up. The thought of an active gear scene sounds amazing.

Mynus - I tried blocking, I think Ima bout to give that shit up, its not gonna happen. If you see me mash twice as hard next time, don't hold it against me. CRAZY INO, keep up the work I could never get myself to do.

Andrea - I know venom's not fun to block, just don't be random about hiding all that skill you got. If you hit me like those matches where you went super saijin and took 100% of my life all in a row, people will start beggin you for lessons. Awesome sets

Canada

Kousaka ABA - don't scare me like that, teach me that match-up

Leo - venom's a dick if you don't know that match, and probably always will be to potemkin, if north carolina hadn't pulled out the best in me, our teams tourney match coulda been way different

K2 - I don't think I said enough good things about this guy in person. That rachel, wow. That may, wow. You were downloading people all weekend. Once it was download complete, you gave everyone at the tourney a run for their money if you didn't take it from them first. I know our MM woulda been the same way with some time, and I'd love to run it back next time we meet.

Zeero - man if it wasn't for that tourney proration... Solid solid robo man, can't wait to play you again, and I thought I knew that match-up. I'm never gonna block my shins either, keep abusing me when I get free.

Random shout outs

Testamane LOL - THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN A SET LIKE FOREVER, I could have played cat n mouse with slayer for hours...i think we did, but MORE HOURS. Gotta do it again sometime

Ril - DUDE YOU COULD HAVE BEEN SO BIG THIS TOURNEY. I saw you ALMOST win so many times bro. I hope people don't get the wrong idea, this millia had mix-up and my heart started hurtin when you missed your kill combo on a couple different people. Watch the airdashes and FINISH THEM BITCHES and you will be a force to be reckoned with

Zong - keep travelin and hopefully we'll meet in a gear major, you're not as far off from runnin people in that game as we made it out to be. True story

Steve H / Marlinpie - Thank you two for givin us some of the best Grand Finals of any game anywhere that I've ever seen. Fucking amazing. Great games in teams, Really wanna get in more matches with you guys and want to see marlins eddie first hand next time.

Matt Coma - Your match with frank...that defense...that was...well it was beautiful and terrifying to say the least. Just cuz I won once, didn't mean you had to run it back so hard

Reggie - Keep rockin that shirt man, keep the dream alive. AND GET BACK INTO GEAR

Zidane - Just because you have water and parfaits for breakfast, doesn't make you a good player. But you gave me some fries, so you're gettin there

Light_Nazgul - If you had just "nazgulled" more you'd have won that tourney

Kyle - I REALLY wanted to get more games in with you, good shit

Biscuits - Quit blastin me on the stream...wish my boys could roll a fattie like you tho

Thats a good stopping point for now, sorry if I forgot someone, I probably did. But this weekend was absolutely amazing, it was worth the trip from texas, worth gettin home late, worth potentially failing classes and losing my job. The jury is still out on those, but no matter what NEC WAS GODLIKE

Hypest shit I've ever been a part of. I lost my voice from all that yelling during GG finals, but it was worth it.

Shout outs:

NY/NJ Team St1ckBuG - I love all you guys, I think we should just call NEC the Team St1ckBug Invitational.

New England - good shit as usual, you guys always come through to events.

Canada - You guys are great for coming through, I've been posting on y'all tourney threads for months telling Zeero and Kou to come to NEC. I hope we didn't disappoint!

SaltyDefense - You godlike, good shit coming through all the way from Texas. Stop jumping so much, nigga! Especially against Chaz!

Steve H - You motherfucker, I know you don't read the boards but fuck it. You fucking godlike, I like how you always win CVS2 when I say you will.

Seth - Stay mashing on Danzai. I'll play you in GG for $50 if you play me in BB for $100...<3

Coma - Stay godlike. I like how you and Steve mash on Block and Seth mashes on Danzai... LMAO.

Frank The Fucking Tank - Good shit getting in Zidane's gut.

Blake - Stay salty

ZONG_one - You're fucking Team St1ckBuG from now on, so I expect you to rep that shit in WC and take niggas money and troll while doing it. Also don't forget to get donations. Team St1ckBuG is going to start a "ZONG_one, travel package" where we fly you out to events so we can get in that gut...<3

Btw, who was it I OCV'd in tourney? That really shouldn't have happened. I got mad lucky. >_<

SHUT UP! :P.

That wouldn't have happened if Sogos weren't banned I tell ya!

I have a tendency to crack under pressure :psyduck:. Regardless I am going to keep on playing to bring myself up to pace. There's no way I'm throwing away GG.

I dunno man, I saw you make come back near me. Course I was giving ya some Grade A expert nerve calming real talk....hell lets just blame it all on me ^___^.

Gonna try and do this quick, Shoutouts to:

ZONG: For being WC and not an asshole. Really nice meeting your man. Definitely one of the best players in the US, definitely better than me. Hope to see you again sometime next year at a major, or a local or whatever. I'll fly to Cali sometime if I ever can.

All of Canada: Nice meeting you guys. I'm sorry I only caught K2 and Kousaka's names, no disrespect to any others. You're all very good and Hazama is just a really gay character so sorry about the matchup. :(

NJ people:

Alan: Stay getting got.

Doomie: Nice seeing you again, good stuff with that BG session at your car with ZONG.

Mikenapalm: Nice seeing you again. Sorry we never get to play casuals. :(

RIL TALK: Sorry about the pizza and sorry the BB brackets made you said. Still <3

Badfish + Bro: Nice meeting/seeing you guys again. Make it out to next major.

Sogos: MAN I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU. Wish you were here on DL. :(

Kyle: Nice seeing you again, really sucks we never hung out or played or did anything. :(

Niggas I know from NY: Know I love you, know I love seeing you at tournies, know I love checking out your guys.

People that came to NEC and thought that made them good players:

First Name Matt, First Name Frank: Man I haven't seen you a long ass time, since last NEC right? Congrats on placing so high in GG and stay godlike. Still doesn't mean you're a good player though.

Saltydefense: We never really talked or played at all besides Sat morning when you raped me but it was nice meeting you. You're really good at GG and i'm surprised you didn't place top 6; that still doesn't make you a good player though.

Gutanium Beast: GET THE FUCK OFF MY GUT. Nice seeing you again. Come to NY some time so you can be in guts 24/7. Just because you molest me all weekend didn't make you a good player though.

My child, Drunken Steve H.: Steve, stop hitting on chicks named Nicole in the NEC hotel at 3 AM. You were amazing in GG and you probably should've taken it. Love seeing you, stay godlike as always. That doesn't make you a good player.

My child's child, Matt Motherfuckin' Coma: Man why are you so good in this dead game? PS: When you were asleep friday night, I stood over you, unzipping my pants, ready to penetrate your gut. My unwilling advances towards forceful sexual intercourse with your guy does not make you a good player though.

If I forgot anyone i'll probably edit my post and add you people.

Love everyone who came to NEC

Stay free WC, you niggas suck at games, don't know how to have fun and all look like you're 12.

Only the last part of that sentence applies to ZONG.

Shoutouts to LPT, Danny Scheming, and BSlosh for letting me follow you guys around for a while when I got bored, lol, and to all those who I said I'd play in BB but didn't because I spent too much time in the Namco room. Sorry, guys, but 3D fighters are too good.

So The Results Were....

1: MarlinPie

2: Steve H

3: Frank The Tank

4: Captain Awesome Moroha

5: Zidanel33t

5: Titanium Beast

7: Alzarath

7: faulty_defense

9: mynus

9: Zeero

9: XAQshinor

9: Light_Nazgul

13: mindgam3

13: Nerd Josh

13: Therapist

13: K2

17: drunkenchicken

17: Sesshryu

17: Vyers

17: Kousaka

17: tinshi

17: A3Religion

17: YGG

17: bluenine

25: MrQuotes

25: Strife

25: Testamentlol

25: Kid Nemesis

25: riltalk

25: Coma

25: Kyle

25: DoomieJ

33: Twinniss

33: Dr. Onblast

33: Iora

33: DaiAndOh

33: Zong_one

33: Sinistar71

33: Legacy

33: Tales

33: b-slosh

33: Genstov

33: sogos (UNBAN ME)

33: Mr. Biscuits

33: Gabe

33: Damian

33: Noisetank

33: Leo7

49: mikenapalm

49: esco

49: Kona

49: Furok

49: Gravelneed

A couple of people had to be taken off the bracket, the total ending amount of people was 51.

Shoutouts to the following:

Zong_one - Probably the most laid back person i ever saw come to a tournament (before meeting faulty, you guys are on the same level). Smoking, getting drinks, cigarettes in Tshirts, smoking some more, cheesesteaks and all that good stuff. Glad you came out, and when i come to cali i will be hitting you up first. before my jersey friends who live there.

Salty Defense - YOURE THE MAN! sorry you missed your flight back to tx and that i was already a half hour out before you gave me a call. all the things i said to zong apply for you as well. Godlike venom, the best ive seen. You were playing on an equal playing field with everyone i saw you play. Stay godlike.

STICKBUG! - Yoooooooo man good shit running teams when i literally couldnt do it. If i would have run it i would have died. Sucks about the BB bracket reset but you always take everything in stride. SHoulda played gear, but our drunk matches are more rightfully reserved for a jersey invitational....oh wait...

SOGOS! - Unban him. The site is superior with him on it. But anyway, reggie, you are my bro, no shoutout needed.

mikenapalm - dude, good looks on the stick, casuals before i got to pa, and just in general helping as much as you could, letting me borrow your PS2 was sooooo godlike. thanks man.

NY - mynus/xaq/biscuits/zidane/alz/A3 you guys are awesome as always. GG is fun, play that instead of BB i know yall secretly be practicing.

NJ people i dont know - become godlike, come to a get together.

NJ people i do know - iora/gavin/greg/ril/anyone who i missed you are all great in my book. stay going to tourneys and we need more meetups in the future.

Seth/Moroha - You were seriously captain awesome. The burst bait bait was one of the sickest reads ive seen in a long time playing and watching GG now. Good shit in tourney.

Coma/Steve H - Stay godlike guys. STAY IT! keep playing that gear, even though i know you would even without me saying it.

Blake - You are one funny mother fucker man! You trolled everyone you played, and i watched and cracked up.

Frank the Tank - Still the best may in the fucking country.Tearing peoples assholes like king kong up in this bitch. My only regret was not getting to play you.

testamentlol - Good to meet you man. Funny as fuck to see a testament player with a slayer stick and a dude named testament playing slayer. If the world dies of irony its because of us. Stay hype.

Marlin - You sir, should play guilty gear. Fuck SF. Cammy is hot though.

NEW ENGLAND! Danny/nazgul/vyers/mindgame - Yall are hype and all in on gear, and i respect and expect nothing less. You guys play way more than NJ, and it showed. Good shit.

Anyone i missed...i love you eternally. Hopefully everyone who played GG had fun. Alan, if you could copy this to the first post, itd be much appreciated.

Result : Kousaka was Arakune and I was the Rachel :)

Alzarath – May = free badland loop combo into key super, i was enjoying watching ur combo video on me in the tournament.

LK – only got to play against you once in the causal, freakin gg asking me “ yo Rachel? Are you serious? Is it your main?” and u then pick litchi, at that time i didn’t know u were LK, i thought i was just getting trolled. thx for showing me godlike litchi.

St1ckbug : is ur voice ok? Full respect for running the tournament.

Zong_One : sorry for putting up a lame fight, I tried really hard...TAT

FranktheTank : u got to love those scooping mirrors. Haha

Zidane : stay gdlike, i couldn’t do anything..

Faultydefence : America nanashi. my prefect execution buddy, ur venom was a BEAST. Good games in causal and tournament, i am always up for another MM match in the future.

MacChaos : it sucks when you can’t use full power hakuman cuz u got no controller... gg, we played twice! Even after the bracket got reset. Lol

Titanium beast : lol i couldn’t do much, ur defense was awesome until zeero spam that Canadian dust on you.

LordPangTong : the only other Rachel at NEC TAT i share your pain. Nice talking with you, lets continue share match ups for Rachel.

A3 : best johnny i have played. You win.

Kyle + matthias : Nice meeting you two. Kyle, you can make a full combo video with ur carl on tager specifics. lol

Danny Schme : were you the noel i played? i don't even know that was causal or tournament.

Malin : gg, 5k>DOT>canada

also shout out to the Millia i played on friday night causal. plz tell me who you are

And gg to all the ppl i played on Sunday causal night!

Reioumu Shouts to Robo Ky's 5D. :kitty: lol. chipp is ass, play another character. :P

lol I wish I played the game D:

Robo Ky DP too good

Shoutouts to GG finals. Why so gdlk?

Shoutout to ZONG for playing a bad game for so long that I didnt get a good chance to get that MM in. You say dodge? I say I'm shy and couldnt be bothered trying to pull you away from bb lol. You prob woulda had me though... fuck I played so bad that weekend lol. ~_~

Shoutout to Jersey, blah blah

Shoutout to whoever brought the AH3. It was nice to see that shit in action lol

Shoutout to people I dont know but are awesome for playing GG, blah blah

Shoutout to SC2, for giving me that excuse we all know I love having for when I lose ^^

Shoutout to NEC and the people that made it happen. Self. Explanatory.

ZONG_one - You're fucking Team St1ckBuG from now on, so I expect you to rep that shit in WC and take niggas money and troll while doing it. Also don't forget to get donations. Team St1ckBuG is going to start a "ZONG_one, travel package" where we fly you out to events so we can get in that gut...<3

GDLK.

Shoutouts for not entering BB

Feels good.

Also to bumping into Zong once again after SCR and once again handling my bitching of BB pretty well.

shoutouts to steve H since he'll probably never see these shoutouts

Finally met the infamous Sogos, Shoutouts for him being banned again

I should of wrote "Hi Blade" on your shirt instead of -SMD

no props to me being sober this weekend. That was a low :(

Shoutouts

Leo- didnt really want to face you in tourny (mirror matches blah) but it is what it is, GGs. Good meeting you canada folks. learned a decent amount from you too

zong- met you at the bar with my bro, real cool guy. good advice for my tager, thanks for letting me use your stick, hope to see you around in the EC more

stickbug- how CONVENIENT for your comp to "crash" so me and mAc had to fight each other.. AGAIN. im on to you

mr krabz- fun doing casuals with your Lambda, very challenging for me but still fun nonetheless

im blanking, cant think of any other names lool

ggs to everyone

Oh Yeah big shoutouts to Sogos: I got you on that $5, didn't get to play you but I thought about you intimately (all homo). Love the pictures you took man, those shits are too fucking good.

SHOUTOUTZ

GG - Good shit having such a good presence. It's really good to see you guys still caring about the game you love and putting effort into it. This is the level I want to see BB reach on the east coast one day.

BB - Good shit everyone who came out. Keep grinding those matchups and them characters and keep coming out to tournies. Also, stay for teams!!!!!!!!! >:|

Zidane - Fuck your Hazama lolll. I always have the most fun playing these sets with you.

ZONG - Good shit beating my Ragna >:|. Really good to see you again, now I gotta make the flight out to WC. gdlk Carl, too bad teams didn't happen :(

Kousaka - Good stuff getting 4th after the bracket reset lol. Unfortunately we only got to play during that tourney set. . . I Would want to play more :/

Zeero - Canada carl eh, hella entertaining. Unfortunately we didn't get to play either. Next time lemme know where your room is at!

XAQ - Saw him sleeping in front of the TV during MB teams asking whether he actually had to go play his singles match for BB lollllllllllllllll, still killing people with Mu.

Badfish/DJHoushen - Good job in the tourney guys, keep practicing and trying to improve and beat people wherever you're from so everyone gets better! DJHoushen I'll mm you next time.

$NJ$ - Reggie/StickBug/Doomie/Mike Napalm/South Jersey Bros - Anime Yen stays in NJ always.

NYC - <3 <3

Philly peeps - Shervin/MacChaos (indirectly) - Always good seeing you. Definitely wanna chill during winter break.

Philly/PA/NJ Netplayers - WHERE WERE YOU?!

Canadia - K2/Zeero/Kousaka/Leo7 - Unfortunately didn't get to play Zeero or Leo7. K2 ahaha I didn't know you played Rachel so I was really surprised, but your Rachel is legit. Kousaka's Arakune is probably the scariest I ever played once I got cursed too. Maybe one day I'll go to a Canada major. . .eh?

My only regret was that I didn't get to play enough BB casuals with all the people here. Next time rush me down really hard so that I can get games in with everyone.

I felt so sad after how I played at Seasons Beatings that I barely played GG between then and NEC. The combination of this tourney being fucking awesome, with the support and advice many players gave me has lit my inner fire once more.

A3Religion: Thanks for the support, you're always pushing me to level up. I will go over the footsies hand book again in detail. Your Johnny is more godlike every time I see you play, but I'm gonna learn this match up right and get my money back next time we play. From now on I'm gonna bring a notepad to tourneys to write down everything I learn. I learned from you that I have to stop jumping in so much and improve my footsies, to stop eating AA 5k/6p/coin/mist finer, all day. You reversal Johnny Special too much.

Frank The Tank: Thanks for beating my ass down in our MM/ casuals. It's always a pleasure to play you, and I always learn several ways to improve my game. I will practice blocking May dust mix up properly, undoing my muscle memory to youshijining your j.h (I'll only get a counter hit if you make contact at a good height which you rarely do), using Ouren occasionally on non JCable moves, not using TK Youzansen without 50% meter, blocking, and I will study the Japanese to find more ways to vary my game and improve my play style. Congrats third place singles/ first place teams.

Titanium Beast: Thanks also for beating my ass down in casuals. Yes I do need to calm down and block more, yes I do need stop throwing out Youshijin against j.p (only works if you're going for mashy punch and it hits during the start up of the attack after the block, way to risky), playing a ground poking game vs you is hard cause you know the 5s sweet spot better than I do. Congrats on taking teams

Faulty Defense: Your Venom was much better this weekend than it was when I first played you in FR last year, and your Sol is nothing to sneeze at. You were doing consistently better against me the more we played; eventually you had me completely downloaded and I couldn't even touch you. I've learned that Venom's 2s is very good, and that I can't block Venom for shit (tiger knee force break throws me for a loop). I'm going to try to learn Venom as an alternate to force myself to block better. Good shit man and congrats on taking teams.

Alzarath: Need to watch out for your burst baits, that hurt a lot.

Mynus: You need to learn how to fight Baiken, and I need to learn how to block I-no. Next tournament that we both attend lets get some casuals in. Guard cancels fuck you up hard; you need to learn to bait them or at least poke with safer moves; don't use j.H air to ground, J.h equals free Youshijin/ Sakura/ Baku counter hit for me. If I played any other character you would seriously fuck me up, because the few times I tried to actually sit back and block, you raped me with your godlike mixups. Remember that Baiken can't guard cancel throws, Baikens are made for throwing.

Sogos: Why are you afraid of Baiken? Slayer rapes Baiken imo, especially my Baiken since I can't handle your 5 way mixups. Slayer has godlike AA, godlike damage, godlike mixups, and access to the most godlike punish when he has 50%. Shake off the rust man and you'll only need 1.5 combos to kill me (at the most).

DaiAndOh: Good shit in casuals. You did a much better job keeping me out.

Tales: You're much better than people give you credit for. Good shit with that ocv. keep improving. If you want to see how Anji can beat Baiken up watch any match between me and Zidane (I'll see if I can find one for you).

Kona: We finally played some games, we should play more next time. Bridget is hard to catch.

NoiseTank: like I said on the way home. Vary your pokes/ mix ups more, don't use greed sever, cross up with j.d/ spark force break, X-Copy Steve H, and watch Japanese Kys play. Thanks for recording all those matches and casuals, you should post those up here once you've uploaded them. Thanks for coming down with me 9 hour solo drives suck.

Stryfe: It was good to have you for the ride down and back, Your I-no could benefit from more air throws (not just hover dash air throws, a well placed jumping air throw can beat out May j.h). Sorry if I seemed kind of anti social at times, I'm not very outgoing and often find it difficult to start/jump into a conversation. If you can get your bro to come to more tourneys I'll do my best to teach him Baiken.

Team Canada: Good shit in teams you're Robo Ky (Zeero I think) OCV'd me/Nazgul/Mindgam3. I had a great time playing you all in casuals Sunday. I'll get my passport so I can visit you all at Lovegetty sometime. (I havn't been to a legit arcade since TGA closed down several years ago)

Mindgam3: You were doing great against A3 until you fell under pressure that last round. Don't let it get you down. Your combos aren't all there yet, but you have gotten more consistent

Genstov: You left your radio transmitter in the room. I will return it to you when we next meet. You got me with the meteors a few times, I hadn't realized that you can't run away from them until they start raining down.

Nazgul: Once again you did the best out of NE good shit you were close to top 8. maybe we can do a TrapGunner tourney sometime.

Somebody left an ELECOM PS2 to USB converter in our room (634) It's silver/ silver translucent colored. If this is yours drop me a pm so I can get it back to you.

edit:

Eric thanks for hosting NEC it was a blast as always.

St!icKBuG/ DoomieJ thanks for running shit, you guys ran GG very well.

doragonkoroshi: I'm glad you were able to make it out to the east coast. I would've said hello and played some games with you, but I didn't see you around, sorry. I hope you had a good time man.

Kyle: Also glad you made it out here; also should have pushed buttons with you. We'll get some games in one of these days.