Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St1ckBuG

NEC XI Results & Shoutouts

damnit, why was this so godlike?

You should've come with us, I woulda paid for you if need be. I wanna see you blow everyone up lol.

Vyers: Glad I also finally got to play you, had some good casuals with you as well.

Good Games man, I was glad to get some more Millia experience (I learned not to use 6p for AA if Millia has her pin). We'll get some more games in soon I'm sure.

You should've come with us, I woulda paid for you if need be. I wanna see you blow everyone up lol.

lol money is not to much of a problem, just permission from parents thats about it.

LK you still owe me $5 from that Ragna mm.

jerk.

STILL don't have change

lolllll

Time for shoutouts!

First, a big thank-you to Eric for running another fantastic major. I had a great deal of fun this year and I'm liking the new venue more and more. Good shit!

NJ:

Stickbug - Most gdlk @ running brackets and being hype as fuck! We didn't get to play at all this time around, so I'll be looking to grab some matches with you at the next major we meet up at. BGs to your laptop for screwing me over in BB singles!

Doomie - Awesome to see you again, you're chill to be around. Good shit running GG brackets, we'll play Gear next time, hope everything goes well for you.

Marlinpie - No Millia next time bro, I need that Eddie experience! GGs and good shit in teams, congrats on winning singles again.

LK - WTF no love for NC? LOL, thanks for the advice and matches in BB, sorry if I monopolized your time. I'll try to concentrate more on learning matchups instead of silly character-specific combos next time. GS in BB singles!

Ril - Yo GGs man, Millia is always sick once you get that first hit in. Work on your defense and zoning and you'll continue to beast.

sogos - Unban him. The end. This man is too gdlk, even if he's another guy I didn't get to play GG with (too many of those in here!).

Badfish - GGs. Like I said, I suck and need to work on matchups, even against Tager. Glad I didn't burn any bridges. We'll get some more BB in next time. Congrats!

NY:

Zidane - YOUR GUT IS MINE. Fuck you for beating me in GG singles, I STILL GOT IN THAT GUT. GS.

A3 - WTF your Johnny is too beast. Damn solid player! I'm gonna get you next time.

Alzarath - No games or liquor? Don't worry, this shall be rectified in the near future.

Biscuits - Stay Master-baiting.

Chaz - MOAR I-NO. That match is entirely too much fun sometimes.

XAQ - We didn't play! In anything! I was scared I'd have to fight you in GG, but saltydefense came to my rescue. We'll get up next time.

Canada - You guys were chill and fun to be around. Special shoutouts to Zeero for Canadian Dusting it up (crisp clean air and maple leaf showers!) and K2 for having a strong May. GGs to kousaka as well, your Arakune is strong.

F(S)aultyDefense - Truly beastly Venom. Our match in loser's was AMAZING. Your random Sol was pretty good too, lol. Sorry about your flight screwing up, but mega-thanks to repping with us in teams. N A G, NYG, son.

Dangle - Had fun chilling with you and playing entirely too much BB to be healthy.

Kyle/ZONG - Had great fun hanging out with you bro! We'll get more games in next time, hopefully.

Steve H - I HAD YOU DAMNIT! Sick match in teams. GS on 2nd in singles and teams.

Matt Coma - Millia is scary strong! You pretty much had my number in teams. We'll play some more in the future.

Moroha - Remember sir, we belong in top 6 for a reason. We are GDLK @ Gear. GGs in Guilty, I'll get you next time.

Tinshi - Good match in singles, you were part of my May gauntlet. Ugh, that match will always haunt me.

Vyers - We had some good matches. Your Baiken is solid, and yeah, block more. I know Baiken makes you not wanna block, but trust me, you'll be 10000000x better by being the Baiken who blocks and only goes for the counter that you know will work. GGs.

Nazgul - Got you on the stream, son! Good matches though. Your Testament is solid.

Sesshyru - Keep that HOS dream alive! Sorry that I turned you down a few times for matches, but I didn't wanna disrupt the tourney too much. We'll grind on GG next time.

Kyle - We had an awesome match in losers, your May is still very strong. We didn't get to play any BB, but I'm sure your Carl is crazy. GGs.

To anyone I may have forgotten, I'm sorry, believe me, mad love (full homo <3).

To anyone I may have offended, TOO LATE TO TELL ME NOW BEEYOTCH!

To anyone I may have trolled who is salty, GET AT ME NEXT TIME! I will troll you again if you let me.

Peace!

Drunkenchicken, drunkenchicken, and uhhh... Drunkenchicken. peace.

oh shit, a rare pokemon!

Dai, special thanks to you for taking up my spot the few times i vacated it to play/do shit/smoke a cigarette. WHen you guys find a new venue for the biweekly, let everyone know asap.

Time for shoutouts!

Dangle - Had fun chilling with you and playing entirely too much BB to be healthy.

that was some mad amounts of bb, gladly no one else uses ragna's magical 5a as much as you do, and may i say, excellent trolling sir.

Dangle Shout outs to lambda. Also, shout outs to getting drunk and waking up too late for signups? rofl.

i was not drunk sir.....you know what i'm talkin about, cali homo, plus, mad shoutouts to s1ickbugs laptop for crashing and letting me get in, despite my sleepiness

Shouts

NEC was the hypest GG event I've been to since EVO2009 Teams, real talk. More entrants than BB. Had a blast.

Team Stickbug, you guys ran it smoothly. As to be expected. Doomie + Alan, mayjah props. Come to MD sometime soon, or maybe I'll find myself at a Stickbug monthly??

Chaz once again zero casual sessions what a surprise! NEXT time

Biscotti you were beyond hype on the mic, I felt the HATE FLOW THROUGH ME and won a lot, then the one match you weren't hating was against Matt Frank and I lost. I think we settle with a FT10 Monopoly for $1000. Good seeing you bro, stay free <3

Alz Cool to hang with you. Honestly you still do not strike me as an ALZARATH. lol. See you next timee

XaQ, good match, I will see you next time. For real I would love a good casual sessh with NYC before the year 2020

The Robo I played in winners gg, I think you were from Canada

Steve H, nuff said

NC, 4/6 Top 6 yeahh. Matt Frank was great hanging out with you dude, been too long. Will see you at EVO if not sooner at Final Round maybe. That Dead Angle will haunt my nightmares. Great matches all weekend. Blake that could have gone either way, you were playing well all weekend. You guys always cool and welcome in MD ofc

GGs any and all I played, had a great time, if I didn't shout you out I still <3 you, long weekend, see you all at EVO at the latest!

Despite all of the unfortunate things that happened with me during and around the tournament (including bad weather, traffic, brackets, insomnia, and more) and the fact that overall, I placed exceedingly poorly this time, it was a great event, and I don't regret having attended.

I'm ecstatic from the numbers and enthusiasm surrounding the GG tournaments at NEC. Let's keep this up! GG is too gdlk.

I'll definitely be stepping it up and will try to poise myself better for future tournaments. (Not that I didn't try this time.)

Thanks to Big E for being real, awesome with running these events, really helpful, and just a cool guy. On the real.

Thanks also to everyone who attended, to the tournament organizers, and to everyone who helped out with equipment. And congratulations to the tournament finalists.

I'll see you at Winter Brawl...!

bluenine, we will scoop more next time ok?

Fuck y'all for no shouts. get am me.

Fuck y'all for not money matching me.

Fuck y'all.

Just a friendly reminder.

Shout outs to nerdjosh, the other faust player who everyone fails to remember. This tourney was quite gdlk. I wish I could've played more casuals, next time we bring more gg setups.

Lots of Faust players in this tournament: you, NerdJosh, Mr. Quotes, Gentstove. Surprisingly I didn't see any Sols the whole tournament (although Faulty D was playing him in Sunday casuals)