Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St1ckBuG

NEC XI Results & Shoutouts

Ditto MacArthur, minus the whole community service/ex-girl druggie thing...

Hopefully next year I'll be confident enough in my game to attend this. GS guys, the GG stream was extremely entertaining, SteveH v Marlinpie was too, too gdlk.

Incidentally, who/what is sogos and what is he/she/it banned from? And what is the movement to unban him about?

Even if you don't have confidence in your abilities, you should still make an effort to head down just to experience not only the hype but the ability to be a part of a community that needs to grow.

My Jin is no tetsu, but I learned a metric shit ton just by showing up and participating.

Well we can find out, the next time Zidane and Lordknight go somewhere. Last time I checked, they have no Bang player, so I have a bit of an inherent advantage in blowing them up.

badly

daren-kagasoff-giggle-guy.jpg

mfw when Dacid gets blown up for underestimating EC Bang knowledge.

Hopefully next year I'll be confident enough in my game to attend this. GS guys, the GG stream was extremely entertaining, SteveH v Marlinpie was too, too gdlk.

Incidentally, who/what is sogos and what is he/she/it banned from? And what is the movement to unban him about?

Sogos was banned from dl being too real ^_^.

Anyway I can't even start on what to talk about. So just keep it sexy everyone.

Get in the community. These things are a blast! So much fun and so many people to meet. Should have went even if you did want to do tourney play. Casuals are the best part of any tourney. That and MM

Pfff you're not East Coast to me, Daiandoh. You're Bang Thread. MB I forgot you lived over there.

lol now we are own coast?

Zidane knows the Bang matchup as well as Zong's insides. And he knows that pretty well

Don't forget about this guy Dacid either. EC has Bang's, we just don't like the game.

And everyone else get some fucking Gundam for your PSP.

Shoutouts to:

- Team Canada for coming all the way down and being gdlk/friendly/canadian.

- St1ckbug for running things and being hype.

- Guilty Gear having more entrants and hype than blazblue. It should have always been this way.

- The random SSF4 player that wandered into a GG room and called it a doujin game while refusing to believe that street fighter is japanese/anime/has more panties than gg and mbaa combined.

- zong for having a great carl/arakune. Sorry that my Tao was free, next time I will hopefully block overheads and not drop everything. Your ear gauges gave me a view of GG grand finals through the sea of people.

- myself for ragequitting BB to go get food.

- Dr. Onblast for being my sister.

Shoutouts to:

- Team Canada for coming all the way down and being gdlk/friendly/canadian.

- St1ckbug for running things and being hype.

- Guilty Gear having more entrants and hype than blazblue. It should have always been this way.

- The random SSF4 player that wandered into a GG room and called it a doujin game while refusing to believe that street fighter is japanese/anime/has more panties than gg and mbaa combined.

- zong for having a great carl/arakune. Sorry that my Tao was free, next time I will hopefully block overheads and not drop everything. Your ear gauges gave me a view of GG grand finals through the sea of people.

- myself for ragequitting BB to go get food.

shoutouts to your random attack in the air in MB.

Shoutouts to

K2: For having the coolest Rachel ever. Thanks for theory fighting with me Saturday night, and we will have to play soon!

Zidane: For not dropping that combo, even when I asked

Zong: For playing me for as long as he did lol

BadFish: For playing tager, I guess

On my phone now. And tomorrow I will be posting brackets. I remember top 8.

1.MarlinPie(ED/who else?)

2.Steve H(KY)

3.Frank the Tank(MA)

4."Captain Awesome" Moroha(AB)

5.Zidane(AN)

5.TITANIUM BEAST !!!!!! (OS)

7.saltydefense(VE)

7.Alzarath(TE)

Shoutouts to come from a nonmobile.

Shoutouts to meeting the other dloop mods ^_^

NEC was awesome despite BB teams being cancelled. Ironically we had more fun in GG then in BB although we haven't really touched gear in some time. Somehow NEC has brought back a spark in gear for me and the other Canadians so next time we won't be as free.

Hopefully we'll make the trip down to Evo this year as a group too so lets hope for good turnout in BB/GG then.

GGXX:AC Teams

7: Super Kawaii Desu Attack (Forgot)

9: Ril, Eggs and Ham (Forgot)

9: Northcoast (Forgot)

9: Still unban Sogos (Forgot)

13: Cheesy Breakfast and the Snorkle Puffy Fun Bridage (Forgot)

WHO?!

Oh man did i have a great time at NEC and most of it was because of the gg/bb community!!! I had such a fun time with all of you!! I'm pretty happy on how well i performed, which only makes me hungrier for more!!!

Shoutouts to the following:......

Lord Knight: for being an overall cool dude, and actually restoring my interest back in melty. also for being psychic as hell on what he said to me on me vs carl matchups.....i dont even know how he did that. also for my new nickname "the juicebox of BB" lmao!! Congrats on winning both melty and BB, hopefully next time i can get casuals with ya, and hope to see ya again.

Zidane: for being one of the most hilarious dudes ever, talking maaaaad crap about....well everyone, stuff was pretty hype lol. Also for using my ps2 pad for gg, i hope it served ya well in it. Again like lk, next time lets get some casuals in bro. hope to see ya again. Congrats on second place dude, and 5th in gg.

Zong: finally meeting you in person was teh awesome sauce, and thanks for giving me tips in the carl match, even though i still lost i think it helped me, just gotta play harder/better. Also thanks for playing me in casuals, your carl is seriously something else man, not the same carl i fought like 2 years ago. Congrats on 3rd, and sometime in the future lets fight again!!

Stickbug: for being simply put one of the most friendly people around, and just a generally accepting guy, letting me into his room....whenever and stuff. Always runs great tourneys. It did suck with what happened with the laptop but, sometimes these random things happen, so it was ok with me at least. I still thoroughly enjoyed the tourney regardless. I forgot to, but lets get some casuals in whenever we get a chance, it be awesome. Also shoutouts to being pretty hype in general!!!

Minus: gg in bb dude, man when i fought your litchi, i seriously thought that this was it for me, somehow i won, but man, that was one of my hardest matches the entire time, very solid dude. And awesome talking after the tourney as well. lets play again some time!!

Susan: nooooooo teh puzzle games....oh well, nice talking to ya the entire time, and hopefully we can get casuals in puzzle fighter at the next stickbug event, i really wanna vs ya!! maybe you'll pick up gg and bb as well, i think u should try at least!!!

Mr. Biscuits: for being a pretty chill dude the whole time, great seeing ya again, also shoutouts for talking mad crap the whole time to anyone just like zidane. made stuff mad hype. hopefully we can vs next time we meet!!

Ril: for having some great litchi/bang casuals against me on friday, twas hype, gg bro. And so sorry that you dropped outta bb after the com crash, but perfectly understandable. As always, lets get some more games in next time, cant wait to meet again.

Furok: gg man, awesome Tao, way different than the tao i fought a year ago, awesome casuals we had, and we should definately fight again. lets meet again some time.

TitaniumBeast: for being mad cool with me. gg dude. Im really sorry and i feel really bad that i didnt have the money to money match ya, but i had so little money. Anyway, your ragna was one of my hardest matches in the entire tourney, i have a lot of ragna experience, but man that was still hard, gg dude. And after the match dont worry bout it man, i understand that due to being in the moment, one can say things they dont mean, and i took no offense to anything. Next time lets get some casuals in, ill be more than happy to face ya again!!!

DannySchme: sorry if i spelled your last name wrong, gg man, was very fun fighting your noel, as i said to you before you play noel very safe, a lot of noels ive fought before.....dont. lets play each other again sometime soon!!

Mr Krabzz: i think it was you, the lambda player who also played bang and.....someone else idr. but ggs dude. that lambda is tough dude, we should vs again sometime.

Kyle: awesome carl u got there, gg man. was really cool that i got to play ya, lets do it again sometime.

GZMattheus: gg and thanks for giving advice throughout the whole day man, i'm trying to get over the hurdle of muscle memory that i put in for my older comboes for tager, gotta learn some new ones, appreciate it. Tager mirrors are so lol though. as always, lets fight again real soon!!

Zeero: gg in the tourney man, ya took me out, your carl is really good man. lets vs again sometime.

DJHuoshen: gg dude, finally meeting you irl after fighting online soo many times in ranked. was cool to actually play in person. We should play again whether online or irl, until next time, stay cool and lets play again!!

DaiandOh: awesome talk bro was great seeing ya again, one the coolest dude around. Hope you get that new place going, as i wanna try my hand at some more tournies. One of the most hype peeps i know as well. Also knows his stuff on the best game of all time, that of course being SHAQ FUUUUU!!!! Now that you told me how Gundam plays, and since i was such a big fan of Virtual On, youd best believe id be getting that game soon!! We need some matches in it!!! pick up sp as well man, lets get some casuals in bb as well!! Until next time, which i hope to be real soon, stay cool man!!!

If there is anyone else i forgot, you have my deepest apologies, shoutouts to you as well.

This event was so hype and awesome, man i cant wait for the next tourney!! See you guys all later!!!

Hey guys, amazing tournament. Thanks for making the trip out there worth it by other scenes also making their own ridiculous trips. Canada, Midwest, West Coast, Texas, on the East Coast. Even online showed up! :8/: After deciding a few months back that I wanted to get serious about traveling, it's nice to see other people doing the same. Whether you like BB or not, the game lives or dies based on how players who like it keep making it out to majors.

Dangle and 6th floor room crew: You guys are pretty damn cool. It was hard for me to find any matches in BB at all since I wasn't there on time for Friday apparently.

Canada crew: It was awesome meeting you guys since you're all pretty hilarious. I respect that "we just want to play, it doesn't have to be about money" option you guys took to us letting you pick how much money you wanted to money match for. You guys were just in it to play the game, when you pretty much would have won the match anyway. Keep up the good work, and I'll see you guys again sometime.

DJHousen: We hold the world record for longest BB match possible. Congrats us. Go to more tournaments! I wanna hold up another station for 15 minutes just to have things literally go down to the last MILLESECOND of game time. Heartbreaking, but awesome match.

Zidane, and LK: Saw you guys playing other shit on Saturday so it's a shame we didn't play at all. Next time!

Team St1ckbug, Alan and crew: You're doing a lot for GG and BB. And you barely even like BB. Thank you. Don't sweat the computer thing. It happened early in the bracket so resetting wasn't a huge issue. I was mad about there being no teams but that's BB's community's fault for being spread too thin or just not caring.

Shoutouts to getting blown the fuck up in guilty gear.

Shoutouts to st1ckbug and doomie for running shit. Good shits guys.

Shoutouts to Zidane and Zong. You guys are cool as hell to chill with. We need to go to breakfast again. Haha

Shoutouts to Mynus for trolling me so hard over netplay that I felt confident going to play him. Then blowing me the fuck up in tourney.

Shoutouts to Danny Schme your Noel has gotten so much better since the last time we played. Sad that I didn't play you at all this weekend.

Shoutouts to the rest of the North East crew. Thanks for coming out. Good shit.

Shoutouts to Dangle for getting off netplay and coming out =P nah good shit dude. Fun as hell playing against you and just doing stupid shit until the sun comes up.

Shoutouts to not sleeping all weekend and just playing dumb as hell.

Shoutouts to badfish being hype as hell. Good shit making it that far. Wouldve liked to play you again this year. But out oh well.

Shoutouts to matt coma's gg teams finals being so hype that my voice is still fucked up.

Shoutouts to LK for being fuckin beast and taking bb and mb.

Probably more but I'm still taking everything in at the moment.

Shoutouts to:

I lol'd hard at this.

WHO?!

That was Tales (Anji, he's only 16), Zoob (Potemkin), and Stryfe (I-no).

I like to say thanks to everyone that made it out to necXI.

Alan and DoomieJ THANKS for everything, i need to talk to you guys.

I will post more shot outs later, its 5:54am and im up watching Dune and tired as hell.

shoutouts to the tourney organizers, everything went as smooth as possible (accidents happen, can't avoid that) and I really had a great time at my first American major ^_^

shoutouts to everybody I met and played, it was really fun playing different people instead of the same 10-15 faces in Toronto I've been playing against for years.

shoutouts to Zong and Kyle for bodying me in Carl mirrors, I have no idea whats going on in this matchup :psyduck:

shoutouts to LK and Zidane for being awesome players, although I'm sad that I didn't actually get to play LK at any point =(

shoutouts to everybody in room 634 who revived Gear for me on Sunday night. I haven't had so much fun playing gear for a really long time, thanks to you all ^_^

Definitely will try to make it to more events from now on, it was a really worthwhile experience and even if I didn't get to play much casuals, just meeting everybody and having a good time made this trip worth it. It was awesome! ^_^

Shoutouts, First and foremost to one of the hardest working tournament organizers in America, Big E, top notch idea to put anime games in their own room.

Shoutouts to my motherfucking boy Alan for running the tournaments so smoothly even though you had to reset shit. A weaker man would have fallen into despair but you held strong and did what the fuck you had to do.

Zong: I make you honorary EC, your too godlike for your own coast. LOL We love you man, and so much respect for coming over and representing like you did. I'll buy you the bar next time when I'm not dead broke alright.

SaltyDefense: LMAO, I really enjoyed getting a chance to play your Venom, Sol and Chipp. You should move over here because that's the only characters we don't play since our resident Sol player went to the Army. It takes a big man to do what you did, and nothing but respect for you over here.

K2: Your May is quite annoying (in a good way). Glad I got a chance to run it back after you put me in losers.

Zeero: for having one of the most annoying Robo-kys I have ever played in my life. You rushdown hard with that MF. After a while I really had to adjust hard to that. Nice for keeping those anti-dodging strats going.

Kousaka: for not playing me and making me sad in the face.

Ril: Getting ril serious mixups on that wakeup going. You really get more and more stronger everytime I play you.

Vyers: Stay strong bro, It'll all click eventually. Read that FUCKING Footsie handbook, it will help.

Strife: I got loves and hugs for you all over the place. Always giving mad love to me I really appreciate it. I really didn't get to see you play all tourney next time we really have to play.

Frank the Tank: Faggot. Mad you took me out but it was my fault. Your may is the bane of my existence, though I am glad I did a lot better since last year.

Titanium Beast: You were too gdlk in tourney. You really banged it out and deserved to be in top 6. Next time though I would like to get more matches.

Steve H: I'm glad I did better since the last time I played you. You are a fucking wall though of defense. Also I gotta understand what you guys do in those Maryland Huddles those shits seem so gdlk.

Matt Coma: Your Millia is too serious, you really bodied everyone. Stop blocking and hurting peoples feelings on knockdown.

Doomie: Your like my big black fluffy bodyguard. We gotta have that drunken MM next time man.

Moroha: President of Maryland. I know you had to go back home to tend to your presidential duties but really enjoyed you there.

Northcoast: You Mfs are hype as fuck. Mindgam3 you almost had me. Light Nazgul, always getting stronger I see. Dr. Onblast, glad you played and represented.

Zoob: Your too smart for BB. Its alright to make a change.

Honorable mentions:

10stars: I miss you. Come back to me.

Mulligan: I wanted another stab at your Jam. I guess until next time.

Only if ZONG goes.

My love.

Real talk mad shout outs to Zidane.

<3 ALL THE HOMO.

Shout outs to me scaring you enough the night before that you asked to split before tourney. Or maybe you're just a nice guy...? Nahh.... Your guts still taste great btw.

St1ckBuG: Giving me the fuck eye all weekend, what the hell was wrong with you? Don't be so shy, even if you'll get shut down, you've got to ask for guts if you want 'em! l2run brackets, scrub. <3

Doomie Stay GDLK. Thanks for the rides to and from the airport, and it's a shame we shared a room but only had one stick at first lol. Shout outs to survival mode in GG. Fuck level 500 EX Potemkin. :[

LK time out strats are strong. You never played melty with me. But that's ok because it's NOT CC AND NO ONE WILL EVER PLAY IT AGAIN.

CANADA!

kou sorry I robbed you. 236236C. ;) <3

leo I don't think we played, but I'm sure you would've raped me in GG anyway. :[

K2 Don't let your fellow Canadians talk shit, eventhough they were only joking. You played the matchup the only way it's possible to win. :] lol.

zeero my twinnnn. And you play Robo wtf? lol. Does everyone in Canada play robo? :psyduck:

DODGEiora moneymatch? >:3

MarlinPie and Steve H It was nice to meet both of you. Getting food was fun, steve. Shout outs to hypest GG GF I've ever seen.

Badfish keep working on that Tager. Keep being sad because of Carl matchup lol. :[ I feel bad for Tager players as a Carl player.

Dangle Shout outs to lambda. Also, shout outs to getting drunk and waking up too late for signups? rofl.

Alzarath Shout outs greenjeans nigga. Fuck testament.

MikeNapalm YOU BE GODLIKE. (except for smoking cloves. lol.) Shout outs to yuengling breakfast with zidane.

RILtalk Shout outs to you being as hyper/ADD as everyone said you were. Shout outs to that millia as well.

Mynus/Chaz Shouts to that I-no. Execution :vbang: I could never play her.

Susan for being Mynus' accessory and stalking me like a creeper.

Sogos + Andrea (I think it was...?) Sorry, but I'm 99% sure it was andrea. :]

And this is the most godlike dude ever. UNBAN THIS NIGGA RIGHT NOW. Shout outs to pimp slayer as well.

Biscuits + NiNi? lol. YOU FINALLY WON AN ARA MIRROR, CONGRATS! Now stay free for everyone else in the world scrub. :] Your girl is pretty cool too.

SALTYDefense Dat Venom. wtf... :psyduck: fuck that character.

Titanium BEAST I've got your guts on my fingers as well! MUAHAHAHAHAH. Stay hype and weird lol. It was fun kicking it.

Seth/Moroha Sucks we didn't get to talk much. "Do you really no play this game..?" I was laughing so hard. But yeah, hopefully I'll have a grasp of the basics soon enough.. "/ It makes me sad I'm so ass. Stay gdlk.

a3r Lol you owe me drinks. That's all I will say. Stay gdlk.

XAQ Stay sleepin' anywhere and everywhere. Stay playing starcraft too. pleasure meeting you.

Mac Chaos Shout outs to that nice jacket you were wearing, and shout outs to you being such a nice guy. Shouts to Hakumen mirrors. We should play some next time.

DJ HUOSHEN Best Makoto I've played so far. Keeping you out with Ara was hard, wtf... It's supposed to be easy.

Kyle my Carl mod brother. Shout outs to IBing in GG and it somehow being harder in BB lol. They hand out IB's in BB like candy! (^_^)

Reioumu Shouts to Robo Ky's 5D. :kitty: lol. chipp is ass, play another character. :P

Furok for not blocking overheads :kitty: and watching GG grand finals through the holes in my ears? lol. :]

If I'm forgetting anyone, I apologize.

Shout outs to splitting pots.

Shout outs to ass match ups.

Shout outs to me actually thinking about trolling the shit out of AH3's netplay.

Shout outs to Guilty Gear.

If I've learned one thing this weekend, it's that I need to drop RoboKy and just play Eddie. That is all.

Thanks EC <3.

Didn't know you niggaz knew what hospitality was, but you showed me different.

Love you guys.