Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyosuke Kagami

WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG, SNKP!? (Neo Geo Staton, for PSN)

No, literally FUCK XI.

Coz it never got the depth of 98 and 98UM. Those 2 games are more complex and fun to play, without all the crap tags (and lol OTG properties).

Though not a fighting game, I do want Twinkle Star Sprite (with a decent netcode), that would just make my day :kitty: and though old, I'd kinda like to see (a revamped) Breakers too :sweatdrop:

Though not a fighting game, I do want Twinkle Star Sprite (with a decent netcode), that would just make my day :kitty: and though old, I'd kinda like to see (a revamped) Breakers too :sweatdrop:

Not too many people play Shmups though to be honest. Something like that might make it too. And I'm not sure Breakers or even Breakers Revenge would make it.

No, literally FUCK XI.

Coz it never got the depth of 98 and 98UM. Those 2 games are more complex and fun to play, without all the crap tags (and lol OTG properties).

KOFXI is great and has depth. Yes, it did have tagging but I thought it was handled extremely well. Links were very easy to do probably becuase the main focus of the game is QS combos. I really don't know how many people actually used OTGs in a real match though. The unreasonable dislike of XI still confuses me.

I mean the 4 main games to play in KOF are 98UM, 2002UM, XI, and XIII. To a lot of people, these are the best games the series has to offer. While games like OG98, OG2002, and NeoWave still get tons of play as well.

Your raging hard-on for OG98 is clouding your judgement of equally great KOF games.

No it's not. 2002UM has shitload of chars and it may not have all the amount of BS from the original 2002, but game's kinda meh after a while, game lacks depth. Something that never happened to 98 :v:

Fuck, I LIVE IN MEXICO, I SHOULD FUCKING KNOW. ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD WHERE TOP JAP PLAYERS COME AND, BEFORE THEY TRY DOING THEIR LOL-TOP TIER SHIT THEY GET THEIR ASS WHOOPED BY AN ARMY OF GRAPPLING-CHEATING MEXICANZ :vbang:

Grappling-cheating ? Is that some special kind of grappling ?

The green ones. ;)

I thought about making a thread like this myself when I first heard the news a few days ago. Their launch titles are kinda crappy (except for Metal Slug) since they're all first parts of a series, but once they get to SamSho5Sp, Last Blade 2 and KOF - fuck yeah! - 98 I'm gonna need a PSN card cause I can't imagine missing out on those! I'm hoping they don't fail at netcode, that would be a shame. :/

This just in, Kyosuke Kagami has no idea what he's talking about to noones surprise, news at 11

The main OTGS in XI were Malin leader combos, OTGs weren't that big of a deal.

@Haketh

You're right. OTGs aren't really used that often cause SNK was smart enough to put a cost to them. They're used mainly with Malin's Leader Move and Dou Lon's. They're also used with Gato's corner combo and infinites.

This just in, Kyosuke Kagami has no idea what he's talking about to noones surprise, news at 11

*Grabs Popcorn* So much hate : X

KOFXI is great and has depth. Yes, it did have tagging but I thought it was handled extremely well. Links were very easy to do probably becuase the main focus of the game is QS combos. I really don't know how many people actually used OTGs in a real match though. The unreasonable dislike of XI still confuses me.

I mean the 4 main games to play in KOF are 98UM, 2002UM, XI, and XIII. To a lot of people, these are the best games the series has to offer. While games like OG98, OG2002, and NeoWave still get tons of play as well.

@Gravelneed

Personally, and I might be wrong, but this is why I think 11 wasn't as popular. (It's my favorite KOF by the way.)

1. Personally, I think it's lacking in everyone's favorite characters. The roster is big, but it has so many characters that haven't really been in the KOF series. So people may not have wanted to give it a chance. People always keep begging for their favorite characters, but if they're not in, they sometimes complain. (Hell, even I was a bit upset when Joe Higashi wasn't in 11, but I got over it once I realized "Wow, this game is fucking awesome!")

2. The new characters were unfamiliar. Not only did they not have popular characters, but they had characters that never really appeared in the KOF series or made rare appearances. (This reason might be redundant)

3. KOF11 plays different than some of the other KOF games. Even though they have the same concept as far as combos (Poke, Command Move, Special, Super, etc...) it's more solid. In my opinion, 98 and 2002 are much more loose than 11. They're more freeish but still kinda solid. 11 is pretty damned solid. The combos have been set up, but they've been much more thought out. There are few combos that the designers have that weren't planned out. (There are still quite a few such as the top tier character's combos or the few corner infinites, but you get what I mean. No?)

Anyhow, again, I think the real big thing though was (Again) that people didn't get their characters so it turned them off. That and it wasn't 98 or 2002.

XI is a terrible game. I'm not even comparing it to other KOF games. It's just bad. It's NOT balanced, nor is it deep.

Kula/Gato/some faggot FTW.

EX Kyo is higher than Kula and Gato. Also, Kula is very beatable. How much do you even know about the game? Oswald is pretty high too. You know, DarkGeese made a video of "North America's ignorance on KOF." You should see it. It involves someone like you. : )

By the way, Kula (One of the best KOF players) doesn't use Gato or Kula. But he won the tournament... Hm. You are absolutely right. Gato/Kula/Some other faggot.

Duck King (S Tier)/Ryo (A Tier. Not even S tier.)/Oswald (S Tier, but not Dou Lon, Ex Kyo, not Gato, not Kula).

EX Kyo is higher than Kula and Gato.

EX Kyo is 1.overrated, and 2.not tourney legal. Nobody cares.

Also, Kula is very beatable.

Having Kula on your team basically lets you have two leaders. Everyone is "beatable", that doesn't mean they aren't overpowered.

How much do you even know about the game? Oswald is pretty high too.

Apparently I know at least as much as you do, if not more.

You know, DarkGeese made a video of "North America's ignorance on KOF." You should see it. It involves someone like you. : )

Dark Geese routinely lost to players from my state (North Carolina) in SNK games. He never beat us in NGBC, he never beat our best KOFXI player. He was also a two-faced crybaby. I really don't care about anything he does.

By the way, Kula (One of the best KOF players) doesn't use Gato or Kula. But he won the tournament... Hm. You are absolutely right. Gato/Kula/Some other faggot.

Duck King (S Tier)/Ryo (A Tier. Not even S tier.)/Oswald (S Tier, but not Dou Lon, Ex Kyo, not Gato, not Kula).

Ok, so why should I care? What tournament are you talking about? When did this tournament happen? Answers to these questions determine whether or not I really care.

Dunno, I ain't gringou :kitty:

At least I've played all the KOF series in the fucking arcades (XI included, not fucking PS2 ports which usually get corrections or fucking roms in times where good) online play was non-existant) during YEARS and I can fucking tell a lot of the most overrated ones (2002, XI) have a lot of craptastic flawls it's not even funny. 2002's totally untested cancelling shit and lol Athena / Billy / Choi / Angel (at least around here) owning the rest of the casting with their ridiculous moves' properties and XI's overall bullshit.

I can surely say 98 and 98UM's top chars (Iori, Daimon, Krauser, Orochi Chris I think :8/: ) aren't as far as being stupid as 2002's or the classic XI's KGO bullcrap. Sure, they are very good but they don't go beyond retardation levels.

Aureliano: With "Grappling Cheating" I meant the usual way most people at Mexico play (mainly at Mexico City and lol Cd. Juarez), wasn't referring to any char in the game :v:

And I think I picked the wrong words when I said "OTG". :x

I'm hoping they don't fail at netcode, that would be a shame. :/

they will fail, sadly :/

Cleaned up the thread a little. Deleted any off-topic posts. Please keep this discussion on topic.