Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyosuke Kagami

WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG, SNKP!? (Neo Geo Staton, for PSN)

Aren't most of those games on ggpo anyway ? I don't really understand the issue.

KOF2002Unlimited Match isn't. Neither is 98UM. Regular 2002 and 98 are. 2002UM has a much larger roster than even 2002, was rebalanced, has a whole new soundtrack, all new backgrounds, among other things. 98UM is very similar, it has new backgrounds, redone tracks, and was rebalanced (Along with having new characters).

XI is a terrible game. I'm not even comparing it to other KOF games. It's just bad. It's NOT balanced, nor is it deep.

Kula/Gato/some faggot FTW.

xi is to mixups what cvs2 is to footsies, and that's why it's fucking amazing.

cvs2 places a lot of emphasis on footsies and gives you retarded shit like rc lightning and 3 frame fierce/roundhouses; xi places a lot of emphasis on mixups and gives you retarded shit like gato and jenet vortex.

there's no denying that xi isn't a "real" kof, but i fucking love xi because it's crazy as hell. same reason people like cvs2; not because it's the worthy successor to st, but because it's a crazy fun game.

I have no beef with XI. I don't see any real reason to actually hate on it anyway. It's fun for it's own reasons. Only KoFXII is worthy of hate.

It's not hate. It's stating the truth :v:

Shit may be fun for some minutes, but after a while it ends up being ridiculous because, in the end, you'll end up picking very few chars.

Or well, most of the matches I've seen here do end up like that :8/: I don't give 2 shits and keep on with my crappy Adel (L) / Marin <3 / Ash team :vbang:

i guess 98um is awful because everyone has krauser on their team?

Dunno what ye talking about, coz I see a lot of variety around here in 98UM :v:

Eiji, O.Chris, Clark and Geese EX are a lot more popular than Krauser :v:

Only true thing, though: EVERYONE picks a grappler.

i was referring to sbo 08, but whatever.

point is; if you're going to hate on xi, it shouldn't be because it's imbalanced. i also fail to see how the game is "bad" because it doesn't have footsies, but i can accept that some people don't like that on principle.

every game has "footsies" (man i hate this word sound awfuly gay), the spacing game on any fighting game is present the difference is how you make your space work on the different games, seriously the ground work is overrated is not the only way to space your oponent specially on games that have more move options on the air such kof and the different games with airdashes

I never said I didn't like XI coz of its unbalanced nature (for gawd's sake, I like SFZ3 and that shit's ridiculous specially when talking about the V-ISM). I don't like it because it's boring as fuck after a while, with people repeating the same shit over and over. Game ends up being "first one who deals a hit wins".

also lol kof + japan

Yeah, Japan players are so gdlk at KoF. (It only makes sense though, they are godlike in fighters in general.)

I never said I didn't like XI coz of its unbalanced nature (for gawd's sake, I like SFZ3 and that shit's ridiculous specially when talking about the V-ISM). I don't like it because it's boring as fuck after a while, with people repeating the same shit over and over. Game ends up being "first one who deals a hit wins".

also lol kof + japan

I don't play KoF, but, I find that statement funny, considering in A3 you get shit like activate hit them > CC inf > rebuild full bar > win round > do it again.

Not that A3 is bad(I like the game a lot), or that the above is the standard in A3 matches, but, still.

Yeah, Japan players are so gdlk at KoF. (It only makes sense though, they are godlike in fighters in general.)

Actually, I heard that Mexico is better than them and that Japan's not that great at KOF. I'm not sure where you got the information that Japan is Godlike in KOF at, but the Japanese are now trying to go to Mexico in order to fight Juarez players.

Actually, I heard that Mexico is better than them and that Japan's not that great at KOF. I'm not sure where you got the information that Japan is Godlike in KOF at, but the Japanese are now trying to go to Mexico in order to fight Juarez players.

Dark Geese & Emil show up in 5....4.....3.....2.....

Ewww... That sounds like the most dangerous thing anyone could ever do.. (Not because Mexico is gdlk at KoF, but for the obvious reasons and the problems going on with Mexico.)

Anyway, I think it's 2 more days for the release of these games? I wish they would of at least decided to release Magical Drop 3 and Twinkle Star Sprites

EDIT:

I'd rather not derail the thread any further with such useless discussion actually... So, if anybody continues, you'll just get your post deleted and a possible infraction.

That won't happen. They don't really come to Dustloop often. Anyhow, I feel a bit bad. I've been off topic and it's probably pissin off the mods.

Thanks. I was wondering when they'd come out. 2 Days is a good thing then. Know what I'm getting for Christmas... Then again, I already own 98UM.

I agree. Twinkle Star Sprites would be sick, especially with an online feature. I guess of course, it's on 2DF (I know the name changed, but I like calling it that) has it, but it'd make it more familiar to a larger crowd and I bet it'd get popular if people took time to play it. Shmups aren't a popular genre, but a good one nonetheless.

Well, I think the starting selection is a bit weak. But, they did say they were planning on releasing more stuff. Hopefully one day we get 2k2um and 98um, oh and NGBC too.

SNKP choose the wrong titles to launch this service with. Many of those games are available on complications they have released on the PS2. Using more recent games would sell it better. There better not be a long wait to see Last Blade 2 on there.

last blade ii would be a 1st day buy for me, to bad that the netcode wold be ass, im calling it