Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS2] Valkenhayn Technical Discussion

Thanks for the template tips. The problem I'm having is just timing issues. The [w]j236B sometimes doesn't come out fast enough, or my 3DS sometimes doesn't register the attack at all and forces me to drop the combo.

The DD version of the combo would be identical to Valk's #8 Challenge in CS2, so any timing issues there are my own fault.

Ah, then there isn't much more to that than inputting the [w]j.236B as quickly as possible after the [w]j.AAA or first [w]j.236A/B. You'll get it with practice.

I figured as much. I would like to know if there's a decent follow-up for the combo, seeing as they will try to roll out of the corner as soon as the combo is finished.

Regardless, this will help me in Abyss immensely.

If you end with [w]j.214A and stay in wolf form, you can quickly tap [w]5A > 5B a couple times to catch them if they try to roll. If you input the 5A > 5B quickly enough, only the 5A comes out if you miss (which recovers very quickly), and if you do hit them while they're rolling, 5B will automatically come out and give you more time to hitconfirm into a combo. If they neutral tech, then you'll have recovered in time to keep attacking.

If you go back into human form after landing after [w]j.214A, you can similarly do [h]2A > 2C for the same effect. Attempting to catch their rolls with 2B > 5C or 2C > 6B will lead into higher damage, but they're bigger risks since they don't recover as quickly as 2A would. You'll just have to use your own judgement over whether that risk is worth it in each situation.

I meant it exactly as I said it. If you were in a situation where you could punish with 2C, there's nothing wrong with adding a third or even a fourth 2C depending on the combo. Take this combo for example (courtesy of Leo7):

2C > 236B RC > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 2C > j214B > 6D > w[j236A > 236A > 236B > j236B > j7C > jB > jB > land 5D] > 5B > 2C > jB > jB > jC (7119 Damage, 54 MG)

This combo does 7.1k damage, builds its own meter for super to put it up to 8.3k, and uses five 2Cs in it. To my knowledge, this is the highest damage practical combo that Valk has.

Thats because the Rapid cancel suspended it and theres a much more practical combo than that one with the 2C starter that does the same damage without meter i need to find the vid i saw

I completely agree with goldenservbotx

they're gonna die in 2 combos anyway no matter what you do, might as well save the meter and use it to do even more crazy shit that valk has. 3C RC dash for lulz, jC RC jC for realz, hell do j214A RC 5A as if it wasn't fast enough, do whatever!!

For Valk, anything is better than spending meter unless its gonna kill them for sure (or unless you have 100% meter). 5k meterless is good enough you greedy valk players

I'll agree that meter should generally be saved to make up for Valk's weak defense, but the combo I listed above pays for itself if you don't tag on the super. While I would personally love to know a practical combo that does 7K meterless, I also don't see the problem in doing a 7k combo that gets me back the meter for defense by itself until I learn of a better alternative.

the point is, you're gonna drop the fancy combo and get 3k and spend meter for no reason instead of faceroll 5k.

The "fancy" combo is the exact same 4 cannon combo as the meterless variant with 2C > 236B > RC tagged on in front. Though if you wanna be technical about it, the order is changed from 2C > 6B > 3C > 2C > 6C > 2C to 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 2C, which you should be used to from his other combos anyways.

If you wanna make it easier, you can even just do ... > [w]4C > j.B > j.B > 5B > j.AAA > dj.D~C to get approximately the same damage.

I'll agree that meter should generally be saved to make up for Valk's weak defense, but the combo I listed above pays for itself if you don't tag on the super. While I would personally love to know a practical combo that does 7K meterless, I also don't see the problem in doing a 7k combo that gets me back the meter for defense by itself until I learn of a better alternative.

HE HAS NO WEAK DEFENSE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS???

HE HAS NO WEAK DEFENSE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS???

We've disagreed on enough at this point that I honestly can't tell whether you're joking or serious here.

Ah, just wanted to clarify that you were serious.

And Valk's defense is widely considered to be his weakpoint. His health is comparably low at 10k as opposed to the average 11k and he only has 4 primes pre-burst as opposed to the regular 5.

His only meterless "reversal" is a guardpoint that doesn't start until frame 5, gets beaten by grabs, and requires their hurtbox to overlap with Valk's body. His pokes are all fairly slow, which makes them less than ideal for poking out of pressure. Beating attempting to jump out isn't anything new.

His best defensive moves require meter. Counter Assaults remove your own primers Extend and reversal super both has no vertical range and requires that you have a full 100 meter to make it safe.

his best defensive move is 5d~5b mash whenever the opponent jump cancels during a blockstring :).

His defensive options are a bit lacking, but he can hold his own depending on the matchup. Arakune has a nightmare trying to keep Valk still or from hitting buttons, I mash out 2A on Arakune constantly and its really unrewarding for Arakune to go out of his way to bait it sometimes. But some characters give him a harder time, primarily Makoto and Bang who have 5 Frame jabs and a lot of blockstun on their normals. But the changes in Extend to Barrier help him a lot inherently.

offense is the best defense

so wheres the weakness?

if you're actually blocking instead of raping their face then something must be wrong.

block once, gtfo with wolf, then get back in with wolf, and rape face.

Ah, just wanted to clarify that you were serious.

And Valk's defense is widely considered to be his weakpoint. His health is comparably low at 10k as opposed to the average 11k and he only has 4 primes pre-burst as opposed to the regular 5.

His only meterless "reversal" is a guardpoint that doesn't start until frame 5, gets beaten by grabs, and requires their hurtbox to overlap with Valk's body. His pokes are all fairly slow, which makes them less than ideal for poking out of pressure. Beating attempting to jump out isn't anything new.

His best defensive moves require meter. Counter Assaults remove your own primers Extend and reversal super both has no vertical range and requires that you have a full 100 meter to make it safe.

I dont think you knew what you were talking about there were you all you have to do is what Zeero said

offense is the best defense

so wheres the weakness?

if you're actually blocking instead of raping their face then something must be wrong.

block once, gtfo with wolf, then get back in with wolf, and rape face.

This is valk if youre in a state where youre blocking for a period of time then you did something wrong this is what i kept telling you guys

Hey guys I hope you can help me, I took him as a sub recently learned some pretty good combos but I have trouble dealing with pressure, again Valk is supposed to have trouble dealing with pressure, but I personnally have trouble finding an opening to punish and relies mostly on block, wich I learned that is a bad idead when using valk... Si any tips on handling pressure?

and second but not least, on the corner combo: 3C, 6C, 3C, 6B, 3C, j.214B, 2D, 236A, 236B, 236A, 236B, C, jB, jB, 5B, jD, jB, jB, jC, I have real trouble transfoming into human and doing the jB, Imanage to do it like 1 out of 100 in training and it's starting to piss me off... is it only me or does transforming in human mid-combo is really hard?

thanks in advance for the help guys ;)

Hey guys I hope you can help me, I took him as a sub recently learned some pretty good combos but I have trouble dealing with pressure, again Valk is supposed to have trouble dealing with pressure, but I personnally have trouble finding an opening to punish and relies mostly on block, wich I learned that is a bad idead when using valk... Si any tips on handling pressure?

and second but not least, on the corner combo: 3C, 6C, 3C, 6B, 3C, j.214B, 2D, 236A, 236B, 236A, 236B, C, jB, jB, 5B, jD, jB, jB, jC, I have real trouble transfoming into human and doing the jB, Imanage to do it like 1 out of 100 in training and it's starting to piss me off... is it only me or does transforming in human mid-combo is really hard?

thanks in advance for the help guys ;)

As i told someone before that asked the same shit I really hate being 'THAT' forum guy but read the thread go back about 6 pages and read on there and ditch that combo shit is stupid as fuck

Ill say it again learning this guys combos IS NOT difficult its so easy even a tier whore can do them but the "difficulty" comes from picking up bad habits with valk such as the most common seen with beginners is the 6c spam and the reckless button mashing (wolf bites) which will take you a while to break as well being able to move around

you claim to be have been a tager user so i hope blocking shouldnt be a problem but ill just assume youre bad at it from your post bro

alright get to it and enjoy S-tier :yaaay:

As i told someone before that asked the same shit I really hate being 'THAT' forum guy but read the thread go back about 6 pages and read on there and ditch that combo shit is stupid as fuck

Ill say it again learning this guys combos IS NOT difficult its so easy even a tier whore can do them but the "difficulty" comes from picking up bad habits with valk such as the most common seen with beginners is the 6c spam and the reckless button mashing (wolf bites) which will take you a while to break as well being able to move around

you claim to be have been a tager user so i hope blocking shouldnt be a problem but ill just assume youre bad at it from your post bro

alright get to it and enjoy S-tier :yaaay:

Sorry for not having the time to read 25 pages of a thread... and also sorry to inform you that what you find ''stupid as fuck'' might be hard for some people...

so next time instead of being ''THAT forum guy'' like you said could you actually help people instead of saying they are too lazy to read 25 page of meaningless post to find 1 post useful...

No offense but your post was a complete waste of both of our time...

Sorry for not having the time to read 25 pages of a thread... and also sorry to inform you that what you find ''stupid as fuck'' might be hard for some people...

so next time instead of being ''THAT forum guy'' like you said could you actually help people instead of saying they are too lazy to read 25 page of meaningless post to find 1 post useful...

No offense but your post was a complete waste of both of our time...

Tell me why would you need that combo? You would know the answer to that is never if you had gone back to the last SIX pages you would also know the answer to the pressure thing if you had also gone back and skimmed through those last pages

Besides all that you need is on the first page for playing CS2