Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS2] Valkenhayn Technical Discussion

Tell me why would you need that combo? You would know the answer to that is never if you had gone back to the last SIX pages you would also know the answer to the pressure thing if you had also gone back and skimmed through those last pages

Besides all that you need is on the first page for playing CS2

why would I need that combo? well maybe when I hit character with 2C CH in corner? or maybe when I grab them in the corner, either normal throw or back throw? or maybe ANYTIME i'm doing the wolf combo (wich basing on the matches i've played with him happens quite often) and before posting I couldn't possibly know it was just 6 page before that no? you told me it was six pages ago but unless I read all the thread wich I said I don't want/have the time to read *possible* 25 page of meaningless comments. So I prefered to ask to avoid wasting time... and I didn't quite appreciate being taken like a noob who is really bad with him because I can't do a combo ''stupid as fuck'' thus the reply I gave you...

Hey guys I hope you can help me, I took him as a sub recently learned some pretty good combos but I have trouble dealing with pressure, again Valk is supposed to have trouble dealing with pressure, but I personnally have trouble finding an opening to punish and relies mostly on block, wich I learned that is a bad idead when using valk... Si any tips on handling pressure?

and second but not least, on the corner combo: 3C, 6C, 3C, 6B, 3C, j.214B, 2D, 236A, 236B, 236A, 236B, C, jB, jB, 5B, jD, jB, jB, jC, I have real trouble transfoming into human and doing the jB, Imanage to do it like 1 out of 100 in training and it's starting to piss me off... is it only me or does transforming in human mid-combo is really hard?

thanks in advance for the help guys ;)

For dealing with pressure: It's honestly best if you just hold onto 50 meter to CA your way out. Your meterless options really come down to IB > 2A/6A/jump out thanks to Valk not having a DP. Don't be sad to just get back into neutral; Valk has one of the best neutral games in the game, so it isn't that horrible a thing if you just escape without hitting back.

For the combo, I'm just going to assume you mean [h]2C instead of [h]3C, since the combo doesn't work with that many [h]3Cs. All I can really tell you is to hit j.D immediately after jumping, then input j.B as quickly as possible. Don't worry, you'll get it with practice.

Sahgren is right.

Also use barrier if necessary, since it'll help in pushing out the player, which makes it easier for you to get out.

sorry to be "That forum guy" as well but

3C, 6C, 3C, 6B, 3C, j.214B, 2D, 236A, 236B, 236A, 236B, C, jB, jB, 5B, jD, jB, jB, jC,

what the fuck is 3c? 2c?

if so... you will never land that combo, ever.

you'll never land a 2c ch in the corner, you'll unlikely be catching anyone tech rolling or anti air with 2c in the corner, now moving on...

the combo doesnt work off throws

the combo doesnt work off any wolf hits

the combo doesn't work off 3c

to sum it up, the combo doesn't work off shit that'll actually hit.

Am I the only one outside of goldenxservbot that sees this? The man is right about everything he says you know... instead of going straight off without actually reading the combo or thinking of real situations and giving the guy hints, tell him that the combo doesn't ever work outside of 1 situation.

sorry to be "That forum guy" as well but

3C, 6C, 3C, 6B, 3C, j.214B, 2D, 236A, 236B, 236A, 236B, C, jB, jB, 5B, jD, jB, jB, jC,

what the fuck is 3c? 2c?

if so... you will never land that combo, ever.

you'll never land a 2c ch in the corner, you'll unlikely be catching anyone tech rolling or anti air with 2c in the corner, now moving on...

the combo doesnt work off throws

the combo doesnt work off any wolf hits

the combo doesn't work off 3c

to sum it up, the combo doesn't work off shit that'll actually hit.

Am I the only one outside of goldenxservbot that sees this? The man is right about everything he says you know... instead of going straight off without actually reading the combo or thinking of real situations and giving the guy hints, tell him that the combo doesn't ever work outside of 1 situation.

Thanks for saying this at least politely.

goldenxservebot is temp banned for a week, me and Orion have had enough with the behavior.

Well, would that combo work if he started with 6C instead of 2C? >_>

Might be what he meant to type, I don't know. Depends if it is a Fatal Counter or not.

It's just a different way of doing the 4 cannon corner combo, so it works off of a 6C starter, yes. It also works off of 3C, you just have to be really close to them.

I will comment that that's the combo I generally use to punish a baited DP or the like in the corner, so it does actually come up every once in a while for me.

I think punishing a baited DP in the corner with 6Bch or even 2c 236B RC is much more rewarding but ehhh

It is, especially with 2C > 236B > RC. Then again, 2C > 236B > RC just goes into the exact combo that Warriorkiller listed (or at least a variant), so it's a moot point.

What's the max damage Valk can get midscreen including gold bursts?

In CSE , I got 10151 with 6B FC > 2C > 236B RC > 2C jc > gold burst> dash 2C jc > gold burst > dash 2C > TK214B > 5D > w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 2A > 2C > 6C > 2C > w[j.DB > J.A] > 5D > 2C > 632146D > TK236236C.

CS2 goddammit. But I think that should sorta work for CS2 as well. I used 2C starter though.

Can probably do the same combo in CS2 except replace w[236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 2A > 2C > 6C with the following:

w[236B > 2C > j236B > 4C > jB > jA > land 5D ] > 2C > 6C

Or since it's fatal, you can do w[236B > j236B > 4C > jB > jB > 3C > jA > land 5D] for only slightly less damage.

Might be able to tack on a 2C after the first 6B as well (6B FC > 2C > 236B RC > 2C).

I could only get 9.4k midscreen but I totally forgot the sturm wolf > TK konig ender so I think I could get it to 10k+ if I add that in but that would make it a 150 heat combo so I have to start with 100 to do it.

I could only get 9.4k midscreen but I totally forgot the sturm wolf > TK konig ender so I think I could get it to 10k+ if I add that in but that would make it a 150 heat combo so I have to start with 100 to do it.

Why are you worried about the gold burst combo? He can do 10k as do other characters

youre playing him for fun now or serious mode? You gotta get them fundamentals down dawg

Ive been having troubles with Valken's pressure game, maybe im not really playing him the way he's supposed to be played, but I feel that once the opp blocks one or 2 mixups i cant continue the pressure/they will run away, so what do I do in those situations? Can someone give be a brief description of how should valken be played? in neutral and oki situations.

thanks

if the opponent blocks 1 or 2 mix-ups, usually that's your cue to back the fuck off and go back to neutral.

Ive been having troubles with Valken's pressure game, maybe im not really playing him the way he's supposed to be played, but I feel that once the opp blocks one or 2 mixups i cant continue the pressure/they will run away, so what do I do in those situations? Can someone give be a brief description of how should valken be played? in neutral and oki situations.

thanks

I'll try.

Like Leo said, if you can't continue the pressure you may just need to back off, or find alternatives in pressure. Remember wolf mode is really effective and there's tons of ways to mind fuck your opponent. 5A low, j.A high, 5CC (5C~3C j.A), 5B > jcd > 3C > Command grab etc.

Valk should be played as a really offensive character really. Midscreen you have wolf cannons to abuse, 5B/5C footsie game, and flying around the screen. All these options midscreen give you the opportunity to allow your opponent to make mistakes. For example, someone who is trying to AA you can be avoided by doing jump > 66D > 7C > j.B for instance. This is more character specific for example. You'll fly around more when you're playing against Tsubaki because you don't want her to remain in one position to charge, while against Tager, it's less useful because he has ways to deal with it, which thus leads you to playing a dry matchup with 5C footsies with the ocassional run away.

Once you have your opponent in the corner though, really they shouldn't be able to get out easily, especially if they don't have a DP. You have too many options to take which offer high reward and very little risk. You even have ways to avoid DPs on wakeup such as w[bD > 7C/4C] for instance. You just abuse everything you can to deal a ton of damage and keep them guessing in the corner. With your okis, do w/e you want. 3C, 6C , wolf overhead, you have so many tools.

The combo enders in the combo discussion section offer a brief explanation as to what the oki situations can offer, so be sure to check them out.

I'll try.

Like Leo said, if you can't continue the pressure you may just need to back off, or find alternatives in pressure. Remember wolf mode is really effective and there's tons of ways to mind fuck your opponent. 5A low, j.A high, 5CC (5C~3C j.A), 5B > jcd > 3C > Command grab etc.

Valk should be played as a really offensive character really. Midscreen you have wolf cannons to abuse, 5B/5C footsie game, and flying around the screen. All these options midscreen give you the opportunity to allow your opponent to make mistakes. For example, someone who is trying to AA you can be avoided by doing jump > 66D > 7C > j.B for instance. This is more character specific for example. You'll fly around more when you're playing against Tsubaki because you don't want her to remain in one position to charge, while against Tager, it's less useful because he has ways to deal with it, which thus leads you to playing a dry matchup with 5C footsies with the ocassional run away.

Once you have your opponent in the corner though, really they shouldn't be able to get out easily, especially if they don't have a DP. You have too many options to take which offer high reward and very little risk. You even have ways to avoid DPs on wakeup such as w[bD > 7C/4C] for instance. You just abuse everything you can to deal a ton of damage and keep them guessing in the corner. With your okis, do w/e you want. 3C, 6C , wolf overhead, you have so many tools.

The combo enders in the combo discussion section offer a brief explanation as to what the oki situations can offer, so be sure to check them out.

...never "abuse" wolf "cannons" midscreen thats a big no

...never "abuse" wolf "cannons" midscreen thats a big no

With grounded versions most definitely use caution. Air versions are relatively safe with dashes mixed in.

Aw, I was not specific enough apparently.

I use wolf cannons to extend my movement or as a means of evasive play. Like jumping and using w[j.236A > CC] and then reacting to how my opponent plays.

I don't use 'em as a means of offense really, and I barely use the ground wolf cannons.