Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElvenShadow

Frosty Faustings III (GGXXAC, SSFIV, and more!) Chicago IL. Jan 8th 2011

Oh shit! Looks like Jesse "Fiestament" Gomez will be making a noble return from California to badlands loop everyone!

needs moar cali players fo sho

I'm seriously considering this, as Mike already knows. If I can get a cheap ticket and housing, I'm so down. :3

Well fucks it's now 45 minute drive away instead of 15 minute walk away.

I'll see if my brother is willing to drive me out there... he was okay with it last year, so hopefully that'll work out again.

I freaking hate things that cost money. How much is it to just come and play a bit? Also I need a ride, dammit.

Vyers, I realize I never answered your question. Closest airport to the venue is Ohare airport.

Thanks. Tickets are mad cheap ($154 round trip); I can definitely afford to come; I'll talk to my boss this week to try to get the time off (always tricky after taking a weekend off in December for NEC).

Also good luck in the Johnny-O Cup qualifiers:)

Oh God, if I came to this I could possibly meet the infamous Blade?

Aww...

Anyway, had a blast last year, but cannot make it this year due to prior engagements. Thanks real life.

Good luck gaiz.

I am honestly contemplating on going to this. I would love to get a chance at you ElvenShadow. You and Latiff are the last ones on my list of American players I really wanted to fight.

Do you guys have any converters for controllers? I only have a 360 stick right now so i may not be able to play GG or BB effectively which sucks majorly to play without a stick for me.

Actually i know there's a converter for 360 to ps3 but is there even one for 360 to ps2 without having to duel mod your stick?

A3, bring it! I hope you can make it out dude.

Wilf, dont worry about sticks. There will be plenty of PS1/PS2 and PS3 sticks at the tournament that you can use.

Do you guys have any converters for controllers? I only have a 360 stick right now so i may not be able to play GG or BB effectively which sucks majorly to play without a stick for me.

Actually i know there's a converter for 360 to ps3 but is there even one for 360 to ps2 without having to duel mod your stick?

I don't know about 360 to PS2 converters, but you can usually find someone willing to lend their stick to a fellow player (I lent mine to about 6 different people at NEC)

edit: Looks like Mike beat me to the punch here.

As always, will be attending. Hope to see some other people from the coasts come to this one to keep GG alive! After hearing about NEC and SB, I have hope!

OH MY GOD this happens at Nickel City every year?!?!

I'm really excited I love GG and although I really wish Aksys would release an online update I appreciate that people like you will make the commitment to organize something like this out of sheer love for the community

I'll just be entering for GGAC under the name Jimmy- when I get eliminated will you be running casual matches as well? I'd be sad if I didnt get to play for very long ;_____; especially because bridget is my main

Jimmy, this is actually the first year we have had it at Nickel City. The other 2 years it was at a different venue. And yes, There will be casuals going on so dont worry. Feel free to do money matches too

Also, I added an early pre reg list to the first post. I know for a fact tons more people are coming that didnt pre reg yet so keep them coming! This has pontial to be a very big tournament!

It makes me sad, but I'm gonna have to miss this year. I hope to attend next year, though...