Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElvenShadow

Frosty Faustings III (GGXXAC, SSFIV, and more!) Chicago IL. Jan 8th 2011

I made a Frosty Faustings AV. Its nothing special but its better than nothing. (This is the first animated gif Ive ever made lol) Please feel free to use it if you want to help promote the tournament, or better yet, please make your own (better) FFIII avatars!

Stark, thats too bad man. Its gonna be a great tournament. I hope you can come next time

Someone mentioned GGA - this was originally going to be at Galloping Ghost Arcade? Or does GGA stand for something else....

He's got KoF XI, Melty Blood ACA, GGX (or XX?).

Too bad you guys don't want to play on cabinets - I'd be glad to loan out any Guilty Gear Arcade title, HnK, Senko no Ronde SP to Galloping Ghost or Nickel City (as long as I get them back! :)).... I've also got a couple of Atomiswave commcards if we wanted to get silly with 4 player-2-cab Isuka.....

Yes, it was originally going to be at Galloping Ghost but they just dont have a large enough party room and Nickels has always been a reliable venue and its more convenient so were gonna have it there.

Arcade tournaments are always good in their own right (I live in Japan, so I play on arcade all the time), but for a tournament this size, running it on arcade would just take too long because we wouldnt have enough setups. One machine is not going to be enough per game. Console just makes more sense, and lots of people use pad. Console has been the standard in the US for years now. Now, if you want to bring your boards and get some stuff hooked up at Nickel City for casuals, I could ask the owner if he would be ok with throwing some games in but we probably wont need it. If interest for it exists and you want to bring it I will ask.

I understand the console reasoning. That's cool.

The rest is up to you - atomiswave HnK, NAOMI Senko no Ronde or ^C...... just let me know in advance or I'll only be bringing me.

unfortunately i can't go up to illinois around christmas/new years since I'm heading up for my grandmothers 90th birthday next month.

I just updated the registration list. Things are looking good. This should be a great tournament.

Supa, OK I mailed Amar and will let you know what he says.

Tolore, well enjoy the time with your family then. See you next time.

Mac, would be good if you came.

Grey, lol oh well. too lazy to fix it. i think someone else is making new FFIII avatars so Ill just use one of those when its done

just updated the signup list, its looking really good so far. SSFIV almost at 60 pre regs and GG not far behind with almost 40. keep em coming

Supa, Amar already replied saying its no problem, so bring whatever games you want to hook up into the cabs.

The easiest and most portable are the Atomiswave (GG Isuka, GGX1.5, HnK, The Rumble Fish 2) and System 246 (Basara Cross). I'd rather not bring the entire cluster!@#$ that is a NAOMI - if they already have a NAOMI with GD-ROM there, I wouldn't mind bringing the GD-ROMs for X, XX, #R, Slash, ^AC, Senko no Ronde. The least convenient is Arcana Heart 1 - which I don't think anyone wants to play, anyway, but it's a really flakey board and requires a VGA monitor. Don't have AH2 or AH3 - system is too damned expensive. I think I can get a Taito X2 for cheaper than most people want for an ex-board.

The offer is out there and it sounds like ElvenShadow got the green light for some of the stuff. If anyone wants to play any of that on a cabinet just let me know.

Unlikely to make it anymore. Too much real life ;( sorry mike

I won't be able to make it. Boss is complaining about too much vacation time (NEC) and sick time (raped by the flu Christmas week). I also heard that a very good friend of mine, Andy, the man who used to own and operate TGA, is coming back to America for a visit the same weekend; if I am able to get any time off I want to meet up with him.

Anyway Kudos to ElvenShadow for running this tourney for the third year straight, I hope everyone attending has an excellent time

I would like to enter for Continuum Shift.

I also have gear that I can bring. Let me know if any of the following are needed:

PS3

19" 720p LCD TV

Continuum Shift

Super 4

Hey, folks. I'm not a gamer, but my boyfriend has been filling my head with fighting game stuff and linked me to the tournament info. My boyfriend can't make it, but I still think it might be a lot of fun to go and watch you all play. Without the boyfriend, though, I won't have a Virgil and I'll just be flailing about on my own, half lost. I'm not 100% sure I'll make it, but if there's anyone willing to take me under their wing, that would make the prospect quite a bit less intimidating.

first post has been updated

once again thanks to everyone who will be bringing stuff

Benothebeno, sure probably

Kerendith, sure just come and see whats up

Without the boyfriend, though, I won't have a Virgil and I'll just be flailing about on my own, half lost. I'm not 100% sure I'll make it, but if there's anyone willing to take me under their wing, that would make the prospect quite a bit less intimidating.

I'll be dragging the wife along. She digs some fighters but prefers TvC over any of the titles we'll be playing.

ElvenShadow - I don't remember committing to play but I see a Supa listed under Accent Core. Is that me? Just want to make sure - I'll definitely be there and have my eye on locking down 35th place. :)

I'd like to see more love for Melty Blood......

I'd like to see more love for Melty Blood......

I'm working on importing the game so I can play/learn it! I'm totally down for learning some basics if anyone has the time to show me! :]