Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoshara

The Alberta thread: "Wait, we have a scene for games other than SF?!"

I think perhaps an online tournament could help to spice things up.

XBL 1400pts

double elimination

streamed

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?!?!?!

also.............. I will ask Lapchi from Canada Cup to give away a top seed for Canada Cup this year!

sounds good. And im still not sure about Canaduuurr Cup.......But i would really like to go. Transportation is what im trying to figure out

Oh hey I didn't even know this forum existed. I thought with the loss of the EG forums there would be no more communication for the Edmonton/Alberta BB community. Glad I found this. Though it doesn't seem to be an active thread...

You mean CS Extend? It will probably revive the community when it releases since it's on a new disc. With the addition of DLC characters will also make it easier on people who main one of them if they go to tournaments. Though my guess is like when CS came out it's popularity will be short lived and die out again. People just don't want to spend time to get good at this game. It makes me sad.

Hey guys I was thinking of doing a online tournament and throwing up a 2800 xbox point card for the next prize

any thoughts? (This is for the new BB)

I have seen RETARDED release dates for Extend....i will go to the tourn. on March 17. Anybody have a solid date to get Extend? Online tourney is cool i guess. When would that take place?

the online event would most likly take place in april =)

and this bloody game better come out when its scheduled to =/

Gratz. To DLM for winning that 3 man tournament/Ranbat Godlike

lol this fucking scene.....i had lots of fun though. and thanks

Hey I'm going to do an open (menaing more than just Edmonton) online event for April 28th. I'll be added to the online tournament I am hosting for sfa3 sfa2 xvsf and VS so I will post up the online event singup here shortly.

Tell everyone you know who netplays about this. We are trying to get a really good turn out for BB and give it some notice so we can do things like this more often. There is also a possible sponsorship from Canadian Joysticks if enough people participate.:toot: It is worth noting that the BB tourney is open to Canada ONLY.

Edit: http://www.edmontongamers.com/absolutevictory.htm <-----Here for more info.

Sort of wanting to revive this thread. However, this has become more of a request than anything else.

Anyone in say, Calgary, who loves playing fighting games? I currently play Blazblue, but is very open to playing other games. Gave Guilty Gear, Arcana a try, as well as KOF- all of which are very fun in their own way. Also, in Calgary, there is an anime convention- Otafest, that is usually held in the spring time. Would there be any possible opportunities there?

Taiyakitime

Sort of wanting to revive this thread. However, this has become more of a request than anything else.

Anyone in say, Calgary, who loves playing fighting games? I currently play Blazblue, but is very open to playing other games. Gave Guilty Gear, Arcana a try, as well as KOF- all of which are very fun in their own way. Also, in Calgary, there is an anime convention- Otafest, that is usually held in the spring time. Would there be any possible opportunities there?

Taiyakitime

Well the only major event i know of in Calgary is Canada Cup and that is in November. I don't really know much else because I'm in Edmonton.

Yea as far as I know for Animu games... However, I believe Canada Cup won't even officially host Blazblue anymore =/.

We have an anime convention known as Otafest. A far idea, but if a setup of Blazblue could take place, it could raise exposure and hopefully players who might want to get in on the scene.

i like skullgirls.. anyone else like skullgirls?

ive been meaning to try it but i havent got around to it