Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoshara

The Alberta thread: "Wait, we have a scene for games other than SF?!"

Come to ABD3. im sure there will be plenty of P4 players

since you're in edmonton i wouldn't mind playing irl sometime. do you have aim or msn?

i'll see what i can do.

shit. gonna be on call until sunday night. i can make it on Wednesday, though

shit. gonna be on call until sunday night. i can make it on Wednesday, though

shit man that sucks. you ever get live back?

nah. i traded in my xbox for a ps3.

edit: well i do have an xbox. it's a cheap hacked one i found on ebay for $40 so i could play p4a early. i just don't have live.. or an xbox stick and i'm terrible on pad.

lol yeah i was just wondering since i might be going and i think i remember someone else brought it up anywayyss I know there are GG players around here somewhere.

lol yeah i was just wondering since i might be going and i think i remember someone else brought it up anywayyss I know there are GG players around here somewhere.

theres gonna be a GG tourney in calgary next weekend on the sunday at dickens pub.

starting time is 3PM if im not mistaken.

theres more info about it in this thread on SRK.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174121/calgary-thread-2013#latest

Hey we don't really (ever) play online in Calgary since the netcode is really bad. But we do have casuals on Thursdays at UofC in Mac Hall via the FGCC club. Some of us would be there tomorrow if you're interested.

I used to go more often last fall and I did get some matches in with you guys. Went to the FGCC meet for the first time this year last thursday but they were only playing BBCP and something else. Can't make it tomorrow but should be able to next week. Would love to play some GG with you guys again.

Saw some of your matches at SCR btw... definitely not at that level yet but I would like to get there. Congrats on getting top 8.

Hey thanks - and cool that you already know about FGCC, it's a good place for newer players to level up together.

If you're serious about getting to high level, I'd recommend practising blockstrings and combos first - if you don't know them for your character, check out your character forum here and also check out match vids on youtube. It takes a bit of work to get into GG if you're new, but it's very rewarding once you start seeing yourself improve.