Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] Rachel Final Changes!

3c, 236b, 5a > air combo!? did that work in CS?

Do you mean? 2A>5B>5CD>3C>236B>5A>5B>Air Combo. If so...it works in CS mid/corner screen against Mu, Jin, Tager, Bang, and Carol. But for Carol you cannot input 2A or else 5A will whiff. Other character such as Noel and Hazama will only work in corner. It will definitely not work on Ragna, Tsubaki, and Litchi anywhere on screen. I was thinking maybe we can use this combo for mid-screen in CS2 but since it's not universal...

Edit: For wrong combo input.

5B confirmed for air-unblockable unless barrier'd

5CC air hit doesn't wall-bounce anymore, just slides the opponent like the grounded opponent version

Interestingly, from that same clip, Rachel's wind regain doesn't cease when you do Tempest Dahlia. This was probably an oversight, but whatever. So apparently now, not only will Tempest Dahlia not cost you any wind, but you'll in fact regain full wind anytime you do it.

So it's safe to assume burning 50 meter on super= full wind bar back? That's if BBL hits of course.

Edit: Oh never mind...just for BBL i guess.

Interestingly, from that same clip, Rachel's wind regain doesn't cease when you do Tempest Dahlia. This was probably an oversight, but whatever. So apparently now, not only will Tempest Dahlia not cost you any wind, but you'll in fact regain full wind anytime you do it.

TD itself doesn't have any impact on the wind regen. Rachel is still at the ground while the stuffs are coming (it looks like she's in the air tho). so when you use TD after staying at the ground long enough frames to get wind regen acceleration, you get full winds back pretty quick.

TD itself doesn't have any impact on the wind regen. Rachel is still at the ground while the stuffs are coming (it looks like she's in the air tho). so when you use TD after staying at the ground long enough frames to get wind regen acceleration, you get full winds back pretty quick.

Yeah, that's what I meant about the regen. And now that you mention it, IS ground Tempest Dahlia no longer in the air? If she was airborne the wind regen would've stopped during that, according to the normal rules. I kind of hope they didn't change that, since it was her only move that took her off the ground on frame 1. As opposed to 6C and BBL, which are dirty lies.

what would be the use of j2c since its not an overhead anymore? it's really nice that it's normal cancelable again, but yeah, what good is that if they can just block low the whole time? would j.A, j.B, j.2C possibly combo on a standing opponent?

Have there been any combos into Tempest Dahlia found?

There have been for a while, just uh... TD was such a bad super in CS1 that there were very rare occasions that you'd use it... even for comboing.

Lvl 0 (former lvl 1) cannot be comboed from. Lvl 2 and new lvl 1 can be comboed from if you're fairly close when the last projectile hits. Lvl 3 and 4 can be comboed from pretty easily because of how untechable George/Pumpkin is.

As for j2C- it's used mostly for combos and extending combos. lvl 1 and 2 can still do knockdown (lvl 1 is safer now you can cancel landing recovery to a normal instead of having to just cancel into A cannon). Also, you can still do stuff like jB > j2C into BnB, etc.

I think he was asking what would gatling into TD.

IIRC there were a few ways to do it, but a 6b CH into TD was the only one you could hit-confirm reliably. I think 5b CH and 5c CH could do the same, but good luck landing those in CS.

Actually, pretty much anything that will gatling into BBL will gatling into TD. You could even do TD as an air combo ender, but it's a waste since only lvl 1 and 2 will hit. lvl 3 and 4 they'll fall before the last hits get in.

JBBS have been posting some interesting combos. Stuff like ~ air combo lvl 2 j.2c (land) frog delay 5b (frog hits) ~.

It may be possible to get a super with a pole from an air combo via this. 5b (frog hits) 236a dash 6a super or something.

They also have been talking crazy stuff like going from 6b hitting on an air opponent to a level 2 j.2c connecting O_o.

And chair combos have become more epic. 2c (ch) 2d sj(9) j.2c (level 2) ~

I'm sure it's just Platinum's hitbox. For some characters, notably Lambda/Mu, their electrocution hitbox is noticeably smaller than their regular hitbox. So you can BBL them, the first hit will connect, then they'll switch to their electrocuted pose, and then the remaining hits will miss. I certainly haven't been playing any Platinums anytime lately, but I imagine she's the same way. So yes, as long as you position Rachel or the poles really really close to her, it should fully hit.

On my experience, when I got some problems landing a full-hit BBL after a 5cc-236b (most of the time it's hazama), I'd air dash-j.b-j.c-iris then land-BBL ASAP. It's more guaranteed than doing 6A-BBL.