Sign in to follow this  
Shadowcuz

Eddie Q&A's

Watching most Eddie's, stuff happens fast enough that I'm not sure exactly what people are negative edging and when they are letting go of buttons.  I've practiced a bit with some pressure stuff and 5k/6k mixups in pressure, but I'm not sure what I should do off of confirms, and what I should be doing as general combo routes. 

The most important thing about Eddies comboroutes are the enders; good enders will lead to unblockables. For the regular summon there's 3 things you should start out with: 5H 22S ender leads into an unblockable if you have 25% tension, groundslide and sweep ender lead into an unblockable if your shadow is still alive. These are the first things you grind into your muscle memory.

5H 22S you can learn from a puddle combo. i.e. mawaru stuff -> sweep at some point while walking the shadow forward -> otg puddle, drunkard shade x4 n.5S 5H(2) 22S. The spacing and timing allows you to follow it up with a backdash, 22H frc (this will be meaty as hell), iad j.S -> unblockable as the j.S and 22H drill hit at the same time, combo off that with like 5P j.K etc.

If you end your combos with a groundslide (after an SG loop) your opponent will slide to a perfect 22H range. you do a couple SG loops (after mawaru mixup hits... -K-[1] 2P -K-[2] 6P 5H(1) 22S -K- 214[K] 41236, walk the shadow a bit forward, 22H -D-, both will hit meaty on the other side of the screen (optionally FRC the 22H, run up & 5P j.K combo) 

If you just at any point get a sweep during your mawaru pressure and don't wanna go into puddle (i.e. you have a second bar charged up with 236D for example) you can do a meaty -D- 5K and combo off that accordingly. This also works after you get other forms of knockdown, like a damned fang or a 1hit SG after dust in the corner. Takes some time learning the spacing as to not get reversal thrown out of 5K.

Other things to work on once you're more familiar: corner SG loops with -S-, learning mawaru j.K flight mixup blockstrings, Once you're really familiar with your regular summon and can do all this stuff you can go work 214H into your game but I wouldn't recommend it early on. 236H summon is a lot easier to handle and combo with.

I've been wondering if anyone has some tips on the May matchup. I can't seem to find a reliable anti-air, or really anyway to deal with her pressure once it starts.

You want Shadow out immediately to help with that. Nobiru + 2H/6P stuffs everything. 2H in General works great, it's all just spacing and timing. J.D is good, 6P catches dolphin and air dashes.

Sign in to follow this