Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CS2] Iron Tager Video Thread

oh awesome, 8:30 on skye's video, 6a is air unblockable...

also wtf is up with arakune having a full curse combo off of 6a... thatll be fun!

I updated the front page, if they're any videos I missed please post a link so I can update the thread, after I identify the players I will sort them by names.

Also I regret to inform you folks that Galileo plays Makoto now.

Everyone plays Makoto now. Shes the new Ragna. HERP DERP 2C combos all day erryday! Also Fuck Arakune for getting 100% curse off of a fucking 6A. Thats absolute garbage.

Buuuuut I do love Forward throw AC Whiff oki. Actually makes it ok to use every now and then. Also I LOVE how hype these bastards are. The Freeze frame on 720 through Nail Super was GDLK!

... man, what is up with those announcers?

they are awesome, thats whats up with them

about the astral off of throw. it would be nice, several other chars can do it... well could do it, i wonder if they still can in CS2... either way... throw >> ac whiff >> 360b would be SEXY

also wonder if you can do throw >> ac whiff >> 2b >> 2c >> etc.

they are awesome, thats whats up with them

about the astral off of throw. it would be nice, several other chars can do it... well could do it, i wonder if they still can in CS2... either way... throw >> ac whiff >> 360b would be SEXY

also wonder if you can do throw >> ac whiff >> 2b >> 2c >> etc.

If not, I'm fairly certain you could just 6A 2C for similar damage/proration. Also while I like 360B traps, I don't feel like it would be hard or confusing to escape right now, and you could have 360B'd at any time you could have forward thrown anyway.

I want to know how much we can do blue beating off the throw ac whiff. Since right now it looks light a late tech bypasses all mix ups?

I get the feeling it'll be one of those things that don't work on decent players, but the angle is unusual so I'm hoping it'll have special circumstances that'll keep it useful.

They have to late tech, if they roll the j.b can pick them up or he can land and 360B them, if they neutral tech then you have an ambiguous cross up.

Its a nice gimmick to abuse.

Also Fuck Arakune for getting 100% curse off of a fucking 6A. Thats absolute garbage.

Plus he can sit on meter and make you anyone scared to whiff a move.

That's a good question...

I guess barrier right and pixel perfect backdash. The match up looks like GG 5:5 in the regard that whoever gets momentum first wins.

Bad Example since Alice was always a B Arakune at best, but sorta like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpnYY4tMElo

I'm more concerned about the pressure that was put up there. I'm fine with rising j.B being an overhead but a lot of the basic grounded pressure strings are just dumb. I'm sure if Ara went for 6A or 5D more that it would've been punished because they are easy to interrupt with sledge or 360 in 6A's case.

Watching zoning ara is simple. Tager has ways to beat zoning. He however, lacks a true reversal which makes pressure hard to deal with.

Especially with IB nerf.

Well, if Tager barriers the groudn pressure, if he wants to keep that momentum, he's going to have to gamble on that rising j.b and badly spaced that can trade with 2c, which we all know what goes into. That's one reason I believe you don't see a lot of:

• 6a
  • 5a > 2a
  • 2a > 5a

used in strings. Barrier blocking compromises the spacing needed for rising j.b to be valid pressure, or anything else really. And since 6a is apparently slower, we need to make people scared to mash out of stuff, and that's why it's used sparingly and with proper conditioning. 2 interesting things about Arakune's 6a is that it's not only air unblockable, but gatlings into his new 6b as well, so that's an option in case Tager wants to jump out/A Sledge/360/720 through anything after 6a.

6a is probably still even on block, and his new 6b is no slower than 8f start up (probably still 6), that's air tight.

It's a small thing really but I get a little depressed when I watch the JP matches (well, any matches) and see, every once in a while, dropped instant j.2C/EGadget. I know we all drop it sometimes but really, virtually no reason to not just BGadget.

Related note: Guess it might be a bit harder to break 4k in Fatals :( , even considering Shissho did a kind of watered down version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRWXjblN8I#t=6m14s

3578 dmg, 42 heat in CS2, same thing does...

4058 dmg, 38 heat in CS1 (Gadget giving +5 heat makes heat difference kind of negligible) Best unmag'd versions on most characters in CS1 hit ~4.3k, 53-57 heat

Oh wow nice find, gadget gives 6 heat.

Our heat gain just got a nice boost.

Edal you are correct it is harder to break 4k with fatals, they talked about it in the jbbs.

It went something like this: We get 500 less dmg off FC now.

>_<

@MikeZ

Yea when I saw that the other day I shook my head. But with that said the match will be even. If we magnetize him then it does shift in our favor which means one mistake and we are gonna have an uphill battle. Luckily though with the voltic charge finally being fast when the wall is put up we don't have to worry about the stupid ground dildo hitting us. The cloud however is still a problem. Least we have more of a fighting to stall out for more time to get that spark.

@Edalborez

I guess since we have 720 they are gonna give us a reason to use it asap.

That tager in that vid was wonderful, shame Hazama still beats us like we stole something.

Some things will never change, Hazama being safe as hell and tager having very few answers to it.