Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milln

Middle Tennessee Needs BlazBlue! Tournament - January 22nd

Didn't some out of staters win the smash tournaments sometimes we had here, too? Haha Middle Tennessee Needs Pros!

" I have to admit, I was really surprised to face you in the first match of the tourney, and even more surprised to play you again a couple sets later. :P I felt (and still feel like) a bit of a douche having sent you to the loser's bracket AND sending you out of the tournament since I know you're better than that. There really should be a clause that states something else to do in that kind of situation. :/ That's not to say I didn't enjoy playing you, though!"
There is, but I need to be reminded of it and you have to tell me if you actually have a problem with it. I can switch brax around if it's early enough. Also, Kyle and Matthias aren't Tennessee.

I will keep practicing guys. I definitely feel Jin and his tools will be better for me than Ragna and his. I'll still be subbing sharks, though, so I could pull him out at any time. =OOO

Edit: Top 8's up. Brackets in a bit.

I think this was probably the most fun I've had at a tourney in a long time, shame I had to jet before Steak n Shake, but I had to take my companion home. I feel quite honored of everyone's opinion of my hype skills lol, and rest assured that I'll be coming to the next one to hype that shit up, whenever that may be. I'd give individual shout outs, but I'm lazy and that would take to long so I'll just sum it by saying that you guys are badass, and I can't wait until the next tourney! YAY-UH!!!

Brackets are up. Sorry if they're small for your eyes. The transition from Paint to Photobucket screwed it up. =\

Brackets are up. Sorry if they're small for your eyes. The transition from Paint to Photobucket screwed it up. =\

Cool, thanks Milln. I actually didn't know I placed anywhere notable. :P Now that we've got the brackets I'm trying to make sure I know who's who. Here's what I've got so far. Let me know if I've made any mistakes.

Matthias- Tager

Laststarsaviour- Noel

Jackie Chandler- Ragna

Papstr- Ragna

Astaroth- Tager

Volpe- Hakumen

Kain- Makoto

Alphakami- Noel/Valkenhayn

Naifunka- Bang

Kyle- Carl

Pickle- ?

Zeno- Hakumen

Milln- Ragna

Midnight- Female cast

Player 5- Tager

Doromac- ?

Grimstar- Hazama

Ace- Tager

I actually never saw Mr. Pickle or Dormac play any games, so I don't know their mains and would obviously like to know. Thanks in advance, guys. :]

Cool, thanks Milln. I actually didn't know I placed anywhere notable. :P Now that we've got the brackets I'm trying to make sure I know who's who. Here's what I've got so far. Let me know if I've made any mistakes.

Matthias- Tager

Laststarsaviour- Tager

Jackie Chandler- Tager

Papstr- Tager

Astaroth- Tager

Volpe- Tager

Kain- Tager

Alphakami- Tager/Tager

Naifunka- Tager

Kyle- Tager

Pickle- Tager

Zeno- Tager

Milln- Tager

Midnight- Tager cast

Player 5- Tager

Doromac- Tager

Grimstar- Tager

Ace- Tager

I actually never saw Mr. Pickle or Dormac play any games, so I don't know their mains and would obviously like to know. Thanks in advance, guys. :]

yeah that seems about right.

Pickle's a Ragna, Jackie. He bounces around in colors, but the one with Black Clothes/Yellow belts was me. I mispicked my Cool Blue. Never saw Doro play any games either. If he or Midnight pop in here, we can find out. Ace is also Mu. P5 is also Arakune, but I don't know if he used him or not.

Also, i'd like to note that 18-man brackets are -annoying- to manage.

Doromac used Valk. I fought him first round.

In other news: I just created a new youtube account. It's MTNGrimstar. I think I'll re-upload all of my match videos from now on to it. For various games. :HZ:

Middle Tennessee Needs Grimstar!

Pickle's a Ragna, Jackie. He bounces around in colors, but the one with Black Clothes/Yellow belts was me. I mispicked my Cool Blue. Never saw Doro play any games either. If he or Midnight pop in here, we can find out. Ace is also Mu. P5 is also Arakune, but I don't know if he used him or not.

Also, i'd like to note that 18-man brackets are -annoying- to manage.

Sweet, thanks for the info. Just want to make sure I label everyone correctly for when I get these videos up. Sorry about the whole 18 brackets thing being annoying to manage- at least it's not editing three 2.5-3 hours of video. :P I don't know how the fuck people get events like these up the next day.

Doromac used Valk. I fought him first round.

In other news: I just created a new youtube account. It's MTNGrimstar. I think I'll re-upload all of my match videos from now on to it. For various games. :HZ:

Middle Tennessee Needs Grimstar!

I couldn't help but chuckle at MTNGrimstar. Best of luck with the new channel man. :3

Luck with what? I don't care how it does. but IMO it's god tier of youtube already

Also EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET THEIR ASSES TO KiT!!!

GOGOGO

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10963-2-5-2011-Kumite-in-Tennessee!!!-Knoxville-TN-T6-SSF4-BB-CS

That 5 man tourney aint cuttin boyz!

Next MTN~ could be any weekend but the first of Feb.

12 is some other tourney I think

19 is game galaxy's mvc3 inauguration tourney

26 is free I think

I'm fine with the 26th. AH3 > mvc3 all day long <3

fking pedo play real men's games

I'm definitely entering MvC3... maybe even at FR if I go... I'll bring the game for the next tourney for casuals later on

Also Milln where did you hear/see about this MvC3 inauguration tourney? I dont see it on the GG site... is it on SRK or something?

Mvc3 tourney: heard it From Jason/Richard themselves.

12 is Free I think. I was thinking of something else.

We can BB it up on any if those. I'm just kinda "ehhh" about doing it the 19th. On one hand we may pick up interest from mvc players. On the other, we'll be running back and forth.

12th may be too close to this recent one. 26th looks good. Prolly that

I prefer not having to run back and forth... Especially if we're in the stock room or w/e and the other one is across the hall in the actual Arcade. That would be kind of annoying. But whatever works out I can deal with.

Monthly BB tourneys FTW

Yeah, 12th is a bit early. I'm good for any date though, really.

What you got against arcana hearts 3? Middy I might bring a PS3 there next time for some AH3 casuals just to smite the non-believers. XD

Coolness. Weiss be rapin' hoes (even though I'm still waiting for it lol DX)

I don't know of Arcana Heart 2 is even out yet in the states, unless I'm really just not paying attention.

GG's guys.

I had fun. hope you all enjoyed the hype factor & the after party.

^_^

If anyone want pointers on getting stronger, send me a PM.

PLZ be sure to get my match against midnight in the team tourney. An unfortunate turn of events had him doing his entire BnB against the backside of ada. lol. I'm not sure many of you guys have seen that yet.

PS: Mad props for UMAD b/c he's white, Niamat b/c he's not white and S&S for being "very berry".

Finally home and with enough energy to sit down and write a few shout outs. And like Kyle said above, if you want any pointers feel free to send a PM! Can't wait to see the videos!

Thanks first off to everyone that let me borrow their arcade sticks.

Milln: Thanks for putting this tournament together, great job running things and overall giving everyone a chance to get together and play in Tennessee. Keep up the good work! I laughed hard at you running out when Kyle got your name wrong.

Kyle: "Matthias, are you thinking what I'm thinking" "You are not ordering 50 McNuggets" "I'd like an order of 50 Chicken McNuggets"

Alphakami: Tad you're a fucking blast. Great hanging out with you and getting to play you again. I loved the evolution of your Valk between being drunk and being sober! Thanks for the burritos and letting Kyle and I crash at your place for the one night, and for the hotel room etc the next.

Jackie Chandler: Fun to play you right off the bat in the tournament. That entire match felt too close for comfort but it a blast. Also messing around in training mode experimenting with silly glitches and clashes was fun. You were getting the hang of things a lot more when we played casuals after too. Keep up the good work... but don't keep up Astraling if it's going to cost you the match. :(

Astaroth: Oh god why are Tager mirrors so fucking gross. I'm really like, stuck trying to remember anything that happened in the match because there were literally too many moments that were just clutch for either yourself or myself that they all blur together.

Naifunkah: I'm sorry about getting all stone faced during casuals but god that match is frustrating. I swear I was having fun though despite being all quiet and groaning etc. You have such a persistent play style too. By the time I figured out what was up, the match was over in singles. It took me playing you in teams, and like... half way into casuals to finally get a grasp on how to stand a chance VS your bang. I'll have to go back to training mode on the match up and just work on execution more. :)

Midnight: 1 match in team tournament wasn't enough. You disappeared before I could play you at all! Congrats on winning... but keep improving!!

Zeno: Great match and fun Hakumen. That match up is honestly one of the strangest ones to learn.

Everyone else, great matches, great casuals, great fun. Keep on playing and having fun. See you all again sometime!