Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CSE] Video Discussion Mk.II

man, tetsu vs kaqn.

looks like tetsu didn't quite know what to do, since he's usually on the offense.

I just need to finish the rest after I get back home.

Who was that Valk on the latest Roppou Chariot?

Jamuwo i believe

man, tetsu vs kaqn.

looks like tetsu didn't quite know what to do, since he's usually on the offense.

I just need to finish the rest after I get back home.

It reminded me of a tennis match, he started off nervous and not as aggressive as usual letting Kaqn get a 3-0 lead (tennis terms here) things got a bit more even in the end...but the ultimately loses the set 6-4 (again using tennis scoring if that makes sense). The final score was 30-23.

watching jp players like kaqn and tetsu go at it like that makes me realise how much longer l have to go before l can take even a round from them.

It reminded me of a tennis match, he started off nervous and not as aggressive as usual letting Kaqn get a 3-0 lead (tennis terms here) things got a bit more even in the end...but the ultimately loses the set 6-4 (again using tennis scoring if that makes sense). The final score was 30-23.

is that total games or rounds?

because 53 games would be absolutely mad.

its a tennis reference. kaqn won the set but it was extremely close.

Nah the tennis reference was 6-4....how do i explain it w/o going into too much....

Sometimes in tennis, one player has a set plan (kaqn) the other player has a nervous start (tetsu) that's what happened here. Because after a while they literally just kept going back and forth, with kaqns lead coming from the early games. And yes Smoosh they did play 53 games lol. It's not that far fetched, i used to play 40+ games on average in CT when i played regularly (with one person)

l played 5 games and stopped, and often still do. playing against people is really, unusually draining of life...

l played 5 games and stopped, and often still do. playing against people is really, unusually draining of life...

I usually do 10-15

but on topic.

I finally managed to finish the tetsu vs kaqn sets...

I was dissappointed, tetsu really didn't play as well as I remember him playing. Like he never really got used to kaqn's Ragna. That said, Kaqn was definitely not fucking around, and was playing better than I've seen recently.

lol Kyaku is totally Hame Rareta, the Carl that I was gushing over a page ago. He's amaaaaazing.

Carl looking pretty Eddie in CS2...well maybe not that bad haha. Is that reset with jB (?) and 3[D] a true unblockable? Or just really hard to block?

not that bad? its the same shit! except its a cute little shota with mobility issues. srsly he rapes the cast at this point once he gets started.

not that bad? its the same shit! except its a cute little shota with mobility issues. srsly he rapes the cast at this point once he gets started.

No joke.

I randomly decided to keep track of the W/L in the Bang matches I've watched and gone through for combos, and the Bang players went 5W-16L against the Carl players in the videos we have posted.

Obviously that doesn't reflect the match-up accurately and isn't a good sample anyway, but it makes you think about it at least. Bang v. Carl was 3-7 in CT, and it is looking to be the same in CS2, or even worse (2-8) if that trend holds up and turns out to be accurate.

I'd give other examples for comparisons sake, but it doesn't matter really since it isn't really anything to go by. But every time I watch a match of Bang v. Carl I automatically assume Bang will lose cause it looks THAT bad.

he has 80-100% combos into unblockable oki, with triple unblockables?

honestly it looks more like the player is gdlk rather than the character.

All this eddie talk makes me think of EX drill and its frame advantage :kitty:

Also i thoroughly enjoyed Kyaku taking half of Roppou chariots virginity, including Buppas. Only regret that i couldn't see goro.

Kyaku's Carl is amazing.

Mu vs Carl is in Mu's favor?

Kyaku says nope.

Buppa says he is the god of Blazblue.

Kyaku says nope.

Haku-men says D.

Kyaku says nope.

Man I feel bad for chariot.

They have no hope.

he has 80-100% combos into unblockable oki, with triple unblockables?

honestly it looks more like the player is gdlk rather than the character.

...im not sure if his oki (rather, resets) are actually qualified as unblockables. idk the character.

assuming they arent its still very very very hard to determine which attack will come first when they are done at the same time. idk if it has to be timed exact like eddie's, and even if so, if it would still be 'unblockable'.

and assuming it is indeed unblockables hes doing, then yes, carl is another eddie - at least to chars like lamda who have no dp (i've seen him 80% a lamda/litchi before, possibly more chars but l dont really pay attention to carl matches). idk if anyone can actually dp through if its done right, but l didnt exactly test this myself, ehehe...

not hating on carl btw, l like carl and kyaku is good. just saying though that he can pull an eddie on the cast right now.

It's kinda hard to DP him, due to the way his combos end. You don't fall, nor stagger, you just recover instantly and immediately get punched in the face, unless you can guess high/low/cross up. And what difference does it make if his resets are unblockable or not? You are still stuck in never ending gattling. Barrier isn't gonna save your ass, since you are being pushed into Nirvana, and while she keeps you in block recovery, Carl just walk to point blank range and resets his strings.

Granted, better players make their characters shine, but come on, Buppa is far from a newb or an average and did you see how the 3rd round ended? He had 80% health before Carl jabbed him, 15 seconds later he was dead, CA didn't help a bit.

The only character that actually has advantage against Carl (at least in theory, in my head) is MU, other than her, everyone is forced to turtle; even Taokaka is holding back, who is a 100% rushdown class character.

Edit: btw, I can never seem to beat Carl in the air, his j5a always either trades or beats me. Is there any trick at fighting him above ground?

1. Its a unblockable reset, it doesn't mean you can't DP it, it just means you cannot guard/escape it.

2. What difference does it make if its unblockable or not? Did you seriously blurt that out?

If it was blockable it wouldn't be AS bad as it is right now.

When Carl goes for a reset you really have to figure out when and how he is going to reset you, will Nirvana be the one to reset you? Is Carl gonna cross you up during the reset?

Is he gonna tick grab you? is he gonna bait you out?

So much stuff goes on during these resets and it being unblockable makes it all the worse.

Your only choices here is to burst/Mash reversal/Die/Hopes he drops it.

Don't even get me started on Nirvana and the load of fuck she carries.

3. It is known that Carl has a hard time with Haku, quite possibly his worst match up.

Kyaku's Carl is amazing.

Mu vs Carl is in Mu's favor?

Kyaku says nope.

Buppa says he is the god of Blazblue.

Kyaku says nope.

Haku-men says D.

Kyaku says nope.

Man I feel bad for chariot.

They have no hope.

and they still had Akira and Goro left. Fucking scary.

2. What difference does it make if its unblockable or not? Did you seriously blurt that out?
My point was, even if you can block it, you are still stuck in between Carl and that fucking terminator and with all the options he has, you are likely to get hit anyway. That's why I said it's pretty much irrelevant. But that's true, you can always either mash or hold up-back and prey you get out.

True, Haku counter makes sense, too.