Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CSE] Video Discussion Mk.II

lol no

One of the few characters that actually does damage mid-screen, decent mix-up, decent corner damage, combos ending on knockdown from anything and everything, defensive options, fair amount of health and primers, good normals, etc.

lol I just noticed that Litchi can get 4.4K+ off her DP. I'm hoping that the DP can only be followed up on CH, otherwise I'll have to really, really respect that DP and bait it as often as possible.

she can only do it if the falling hit of tsubame doesnt hit them

ch makes it much easier

she can only do it if the falling hit of tsubame doesnt hit them

ch makes it much easier

So she must use her DP at point-blank range and score a CH to pull it off, huh? Fair enough, it's not that bad then.

If a move does not have projectile invulnerability, then all it comes down to is hitboxes.

Er, no it doesn't. Hitboxes are the FIRST thing checked - all this invulnerability nonsense doesn't mean anything if the attack doesn't make contact with a hittable box.

As far as I understand it, it works like this for projectiles:

Did the projectile hit my hittable box? If yes, then:

Am I doing something that's projectile invulnerable (Like Tsubaki's 22B, which says "Can pierce through projectiles" in the frame data)? If yes, then the move doesn't hit. If no, then:

Check other attributes. If the projectile has an attribute I'm not immune to, then it hits me.

What this means is that, say, Vivace, goes right through Lambda's Spike Chaser (Which, IMHO, really SHOULD have Foot, because it COMES OUT OF THE GROUND, but doesn't) - which has Head, Body and Projectile attributes, but will get hit by Sickle Storm, which has Projectile and Foot properties.

I actually don't know if Vivace is actually projectile invulnerable, but I'm guessing since the frame data didn't specify it, it should be the case.

There is no reason to believe that it is. The frame data is pretty clear about what the move is immune to.

Also, I wonder what possible reason there is for Carl to use A Vivace in CS2. I guess if you really NEED to travel less distance or finish 9 frames faster. Because otherwise, it seems like the extra 9 frames of total animation time is a small price to pay for 14 more frames of invulnerability, that's Head and BODY instead of just Head.

Also, I wonder what possible reason there is for Carl to use A Vivace in CS2.

A Vivace can be used for cross-ups and some combos

I only dislike that he can cancel any normal into 6A and RC throw in corner can deal 5K damage, other than that he is a perfect character.

what? jin? only 5A,2A,5B>6A

Oh, for some reason I thought 6A could be done from any normal in CS2. Pfffff, then his overhead is very fair and Jin defines balance (with minor tweaks here and there) imo. Although, he isn't the only one, Ragna, Tsubaki, Haku and Litchi seem freaking great in this game.

I'm seriously surprised how nobody mentioned Fumo's recurse, thanks Kyaku.

I'd definitely rather get recursed than get put into chess boy bakes you a pizza on your face while his robot sister does the Cat Daddy.

Jourdal says it might be Mariwo. He usually only appears during Amegura's freeplay so they don't list the name often. I literally have one video I uploaded where he's actually listed but the username is different (dammit :arg: ). However, their skill is pretty similar so I think it's him.

It's Mariwo, i have a couple of videos with him listed that way on my channel. And he's the only heavy shaded palette jin with that style lol. I enjoyed the set with him and Dio a lot. He had a pretty back and forth match with Ren too.

There's just too many strong/flashy/solid jins out there these days....

I like that Jin's strategy against Carl.

Seems like the patient, smart way to approach the match-up.

you mean his match up with nirvana lol? he focused alot on disabling nirvana with pokes rather than carl, which is probably smart considering the nirvana's mixups and such.

also lol at green burst>command throw counter.

It's Mariwo, i have a couple of videos with him listed that way on my channel. And he's the only heavy shaded palette jin with that style lol. I enjoyed the set with him and Dio a lot. He had a pretty back and forth match with Ren too.

There's just too many strong/flashy/solid jins out there these days....

D: Those go together?! I wasn't even aware. I must be living under a rock.

It's auto-flash, it happens when a Jin player plays Jin.

I know right? feels like it something that shouldn't happen :D. And what Luna says is true.

You want technical, and flashy you have tetsu. You want stylish yet simple there's Ren, outside the box there's Kogatan, flashy and aggressive there's KEI etc etc

I know right? feels like it something that shouldn't happen :D. And what Luna says is true.

You want godlike you have tetsu. You want stylish yet simple there's Ren, outside the box there's Kogatan, flashy and aggressive there's KEI etc etc

Fixed.

A-cho 3on3 tournament vids were full of nice stuff.

Some really intense matches, and the final was actually surprising (props to Eki-chan for the comeback). Also Tsujikawa's Makoto is like... a walking wikipedia of information. I swear every match he plays there's new things to learn about Makoto and what she's able to do.