Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CSE] Video Discussion Mk.II

Really nice matches between LK and Omni. I enjoyed watching all of them.

Can anyone link me to the matches where Eki-Chan is raping everyone with Arakune?

I can't seem to find them, I only find the recent SBO qualifier.

Thanks to jourdal for re-upping this to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvLVbtnqf9A

Any comments that I've inserted, which aren't in the original video text, are indicated by brackets [].

==========================================

Summary of Glitches

1) Wallbounce Glitch

[Example: Valk vs Bang.]

Valk: No bug

Valk: Uses bug

The wallbounce glitch is a glitch where, if you satisfy certain conditions, attacks that would otherwise wallbounce the opponent will lose their ability to do so.

Using Bang, I'll explain how this works in detail.

Rule #1: If you put a grounded opponent into either hitstun or blockstun using an attack with the "pull-in" effect [here on, I'll just say "attacks that pull in"], then the opponent will be affected by the wallbounce glitch.

While in this state, if the opponent is sent into the corner via getting hit by an attack that causes wallbounce, the bounce will not occur at all.

This glitched state has a fixed duration, and once this duration is elapsed, the opponent will return to their normal, "un-glitched" state.

[Example: Bang vs grounded Ragna in the corner. In both sequences, Ragna is affected by the glitch because Bang's j.4B pulls in.]

Rule #2: If you put an aerial opponent into blockstun using an attack that pulls in, then the opponent will be affected by the wallbounce glitch.

If the opponent doesn't block the attack while in midair, then they will not be affected by the glitch.

[Example: Bang vs jumping Ragna in the corner, again using j.4B. On hit, bounces as usual; on block, doesn't bounce.]

Rule #3: If the opponent is affected by the wallbounce glitch, and you then hit them (regardless of whether they successfully block or not), the glitch state will be removed.

However, if you hit them with an attack that puts the opponent into midair, the glitch state continues.

[Example: Bang vs standing Ragna in the corner. Bang puts Ragna into the glitch state using j.4B, but then hits him with a move that keeps Ragna "grounded", before knocking him into the corner, thus causing Ragna to wallbounce as normal.

In the 2nd and 3rd sequences, Bang follows up j.4B using an attack that knocks Ragna into the air, so Ragna fails to wallbounce in this situation.]

This concludes the explanation of the conditions for which the bug will occur. With that said, let's try to cause the bug to occur with several characters.

[Example: Noel vs Arakune.]

Noel: No bug

Noel: Uses bug

[Example: Lambda vs Hakumen.]

Lambda: No bug

Lambda: Uses bug

[Example: Carl vs Tager]

Carl: No bug

Carl: Uses bug

Follow-up Remark on using Carl to cause the wallbounce glitch:

:I::TG::CA: ||

[:I: = Nirvana; :TG: = Tager; :CA: = Carl; || = corner]

In this situation, from Nirvana's POV, Carl's attacks appear to "pull in" (towards Nirvana), so this is why the glitch occurs.

[Example: Bang vs Valk.]

Bang: Uses bug

Follow-up Remark on using Bang to cause the wallbounce glitch:

When you remove a GP and then teleport behind the opponent, the knockback from stuff like IBing or throwbreaking makes it look like an attack that "pulls in" from Bang's POV [post-teleporting].

[Example: Bang vs Valk, starting from a throw break.

1st sequence shows the above remark in action. In the 2nd sequence, the bug does not occur.]

2) Camera Scroll Glitch

This is a glitch where, if you cause the camera to move a lot right when the camera tries to return to its original/previous position after a super that causes the camera to move/shift (Arakune's "f of g", etc.), the camera won't scroll properly.

Seeing it is probably easier/faster, so have a look.

[Example: Arakune vs Valk.]

Camera: no problems

Camera: not scrolling correctly

[Example: Bang vs Valk.]

3) D Confutatis Maledictis (236236D) Glitch

[if there's a good abbreviation for the name "Confutatis Maledictis", plz let me know lol.]

If you hit Tsubaki with very specific timing during 236236D, then only the attack's visual effects will remain [no hitboxes].

Courtesy of: tyty

[Example: Tsubaki vs Litchi. Litchi uses Daisharin to interrupt Tsubaki just before the 2nd hit comes out, causing the glitch.]

Doesn't look like there's any hitbox.

You can even do it more than once.

Follow-up Remark:

On portable versions [i.e. PSP version I guess], possibly as a result of the device's processing capability, if you create too many orbs using the above glitch, [some sort of] processing errors will occur. The limit is more or less 10 orbs.

On the arcade version, no errors occur with increasing number of orbs, and there doesn't appear to be any limit to the number of orbs.

[Example: lol.]

Created by hima

Random thought, someone should make a video of the cast's new opening quotes against the DLC characters.

The black Tsubaki in the latest gameacho was pretty awesome.

Instead of dropping combos when something isn't hit just right, he adjusts and does a different combo on the fly.

Also like some of his option selects to get a full charge doing a combo(corner air combo continuation in particular).

Good stuff!

goddammit a-cho, I don't have time to take time out of my schedule to watch 2 hours of BB.

that one jin was trolling the other guys so much, wasting 50 heat for ice car RC>2.5k damage, spamming rehyou, etc.

Tsukasa is arguably the best active /\? Goro switched and i don't know what happened to Minori (or w/e his name was..)
Without a doubt. No offence to Goro, but even if he did play Lambda in CS2, I don't see him being as dynamic and crazy as Tsukasa is.

I also really like watching Rio's Lambda. MP and Naga get an honourable mention.

what made Goro so good was his ability to zone. seeing as it stayed pretty much the same from cs1 to cs2, i think he would be just as effective. his melee game was never his strong point though, so i guess he would be outdone by other /\s. for some reason, i don't think Naga's /\ is that good. from what i've seen, he makes pretty simple mistakes.

what made Goro so good was his ability to zone. seeing as it stayed pretty much the same from cs1 to cs2, i think he would be just as effective. his melee game was never his strong point though, so i guess he would be outdone by other /\s. for some reason, i don't think Naga's /\ is that good. from what i've seen, he makes pretty simple mistakes.
Yes, I agree with what you've said about Naga and Goro. Tsukasa is the best at what he does, though, and that definitely wouldn't be zoning. Rio brings quite a few interesting things to the table as well.

Bleh, all these Jin combo videos... leaving me with little to work with. The CSII patch can't come soon enough, I gotta get this shit out there fast.

Good lord, Ragna is godlike, how is he not top tier anymore? lol Can anyone link some videos to Zero's rachel, I am interested to see how devastating she is with the patch, I also want to see Kyaku's carl (Although I have been sweating Jourdal's videos with Carl in it.) I also hear Naburi is good with Platinum. Sorry for all the request lol.

On another note, I hear that there are no bottom tier characters anymore, that is good to hear, has anyone noticed characters that are still overpowered or underpowered? I have not gotten the chance to see too many changes so I wanted some expert opinions on the changes.

On another note, I hear that there are no bottom tier characters anymore, that is good to hear, has anyone noticed characters that are still overpowered or underpowered? I have not gotten the chance to see too many changes so I wanted some expert opinions on the changes.

Tager is still a little weak. Akira can stomp on a lot of people with him though.

Makoto seems to be the best at running a hurt train, but lots of characters can pretty much roll a round if they get the advantage, Makoto just seems to have an easier time getting and keeping it.

Good lord, Ragna is godlike, how is he not top tier anymore? lol Can anyone link some videos to Zero's rachel, I am interested to see how devastating she is with the patch, I also want to see Kyaku's carl (Although I have been sweating Jourdal's videos with Carl in it.) I also hear Naburi is good with Platinum. Sorry for all the request lol.

It's probably be easier to go to the character video threads for specific players since they're usually organized than trying to scour through here and hope someone remembers which one has those players since the video thread here is updated daily.

Good lord, Ragna is godlike

Ragna hasn't been top tier since people figured out how to block his average mixup in cs1.

didn't Kyaku switch to Platinum a while back? I remember him winning a tournament with her and he played amazingly.

Quite a few characters are overpowered but not cripplingly so. Literally everyone but Tager can be gross as hell in this game. It's very refreshing.